Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-05-2019, 03:34 PM
edithaint edithaint is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Mississippi River Vslley
Posts: 231
  edithaint's Avatar
Thoughts on this natal chart calculator?

I'm no astrologist. I know the basics, but I can't tell a conjunction from a crabapple to save my life. Nor do I understand the fine differences between sidereal astrology and tropical astrology. My "newspaper horoscope" never really fit me, so I used to be a total skeptic, until I found this website and natal chart calculator. Ophiucus and Chiron included.

https://masteringthezodiac.com/sider...rt-calculator/

It kinda makes sense. More sense than my sun sign alone, in any case. I believe the time, date, and location of our birth most certainly affects us throughout our lives. In what ways, I'm not quite sure. But does this website even have the stars in the right order?

Maybe give it a spin. :) Share your thoughts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Sapphirez Sapphirez is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Us
Posts: 1,700
  Sapphirez's Avatar
well I am glad that you are getting your toes wet in Astrology and giving it a chance! It really is amazing.. In my personal opinion, the original way they calculated the charts is the most accurate and it was done for good reasoning, which is beyond my scope of comprehension at this point.. but there are certain reasons that many of these modifications and considerations are non sequitur, which I wish I could tell you exactly why and all the details but I'm just going by my feelings and the little bits of information I've heard on the issue from various sources that I find trustworthy and admirable

One resource is a very interesting and I think wise person named Doelow on Youtube. He is quite unorthodox so keep that in mind but of course considering these are spiritual matters ideally we are already openminded enough to realize knowledge and insight can come from any source or method of delivery. perhaps I shouldn't include a disclaimer when introducing this man, but to put it bluntly he is what you could call "ghetto" so I just don't want anyone shocked when opening his videos that I present as profound because of his personality and upbringing..

Anyways, here are a couple videos he's made about sidereal Astrology and how it's inaccurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrN4Ahmy7Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTJynrEBFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46O-v1amrqg


I started listening to his basic videos on Astrological placements first of course but he goes in depth on some very intriguing topics and he makes a lot of sense to me about most of these things


So that all being said, I encourage you to look at your full natal chart according to the "traditional" Western Astrological calculations and see if that jives with you. It isn't a lot different than sidereal, but different enough, especially considering the Moon placement fluctuates substantially and that is a major component of your Astrological makeup.

Also, a note about conjunction lol, when I first started studying Astrology many years ago and got seriously into it, I still didn't try to comprehend the aspects (which is what conjunctions, squares, trines, sextiles, etc. are) for a long time.. but they can be simplified and aren't that intimidating when you finally feel like looking at them. Conjunction just means that the planets are right next to each other.. and getting into the degrees of course complicates things further, but as you know there are 360 degrees in a circle, 12 signs/houses, and thus each house contains 30 degrees. The closer to exact the degrees are, the stronger or more prominent the aspect is.
So with conjunctions we're dealing with no degree difference, or zero, since they are at the same point.. but then there are leeway windows for that since rarely anyone has an exact aspect.. So if a planet is within 5 degrees of another it's a tight/close conjunction and extra important.. Conjunction means that the two planetary energies connect and color each other a lot. ie if you have your Mercury, which is the planet that governs the mind and communication, conjunct your Venus, which is the planet that rules how you feel and interact with things and people, then that conjunction would likely make your mind and sensitivities connected, probably a person who thinks with their heart, or lets their mind rule their heart too much.. it really depends on the signs and other activity of the chart and the life at the moment, but those two energies are invested in each other in some way. What I find most liberating and redeeming about Astrology is that it can teach us potential pitfalls and help us see how to transform and overcome them to embody the best expression of the energies. Because each sign and planet and placement has possible good and bad and it's ultimately up to us how we work with this and manifest the energies.
And then the other aspects are just the different degrees that suggest another interplaying of the energies. Like square, which is the same angle as in geometry, 90 degrees, generally means that there is a conflict of energies and it takes extra effort to make them work together. But through that work and conscientiousness can come extra strength and resilience and so on.

Sorry if I am making this too confusing but just in case it's helpful I'll continue and sum it up. So if two planets are 90 degrees apart (which at 30 degrees per sign it's 3 signs apart) forming a square they are probably not going to be exactly 90 degrees apart but maybe 94.. and one more thing that I didn't learn or understand til later but is simple, is that degree difference from the exactness, is called an "orb"
The less the orb is, the closer and more powerful the aspect is.. So if you have your Venus at 3 degrees Aquarius, and your Moon is at 9 degrees Aquarius, they are conjunct, close together but not exactly, with a difference, or orb, of 6 degrees. Which even over 5 degrees difference is still quite important. I could go on but I will stop myself lol, I'm glad to clarify or answer any specific questions if you have any. but Astrology is such a vast subject already so if you don't pay attention to the aspects or anything yet that is all right
__________________
peachy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-05-2019, 02:42 PM
edithaint edithaint is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Mississippi River Vslley
Posts: 231
  edithaint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
well I am glad that you are getting your toes wet in Astrology and giving it a chance! It really is amazing.. In my personal opinion, the original way they calculated the charts is the most accurate and it was done for good reasoning, which is beyond my scope of comprehension at this point.. but there are certain reasons that many of these modifications and considerations are non sequitur, which I wish I could tell you exactly why and all the details but I'm just going by my feelings and the little bits of information I've heard on the issue from various sources that I find trustworthy and admirable

One resource is a very interesting and I think wise person named Doelow on Youtube. He is quite unorthodox so keep that in mind but of course considering these are spiritual matters ideally we are already openminded enough to realize knowledge and insight can come from any source or method of delivery. perhaps I shouldn't include a disclaimer when introducing this man, but to put it bluntly he is what you could call "ghetto" so I just don't want anyone shocked when opening his videos that I present as profound because of his personality and upbringing..

Anyways, here are a couple videos he's made about sidereal Astrology and how it's inaccurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrN4Ahmy7Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOTJynrEBFs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46O-v1amrqg


I started listening to his basic videos on Astrological placements first of course but he goes in depth on some very intriguing topics and he makes a lot of sense to me about most of these things


So that all being said, I encourage you to look at your full natal chart according to the "traditional" Western Astrological calculations and see if that jives with you. It isn't a lot different than sidereal, but different enough, especially considering the Moon placement fluctuates substantially and that is a major component of your Astrological makeup.

Also, a note about conjunction lol, when I first started studying Astrology many years ago and got seriously into it, I still didn't try to comprehend the aspects (which is what conjunctions, squares, trines, sextiles, etc. are) for a long time.. but they can be simplified and aren't that intimidating when you finally feel like looking at them. Conjunction just means that the planets are right next to each other.. and getting into the degrees of course complicates things further, but as you know there are 360 degrees in a circle, 12 signs/houses, and thus each house contains 30 degrees. The closer to exact the degrees are, the stronger or more prominent the aspect is.
So with conjunctions we're dealing with no degree difference, or zero, since they are at the same point.. but then there are leeway windows for that since rarely anyone has an exact aspect.. So if a planet is within 5 degrees of another it's a tight/close conjunction and extra important.. Conjunction means that the two planetary energies connect and color each other a lot. ie if you have your Mercury, which is the planet that governs the mind and communication, conjunct your Venus, which is the planet that rules how you feel and interact with things and people, then that conjunction would likely make your mind and sensitivities connected, probably a person who thinks with their heart, or lets their mind rule their heart too much.. it really depends on the signs and other activity of the chart and the life at the moment, but those two energies are invested in each other in some way. What I find most liberating and redeeming about Astrology is that it can teach us potential pitfalls and help us see how to transform and overcome them to embody the best expression of the energies. Because each sign and planet and placement has possible good and bad and it's ultimately up to us how we work with this and manifest the energies.
And then the other aspects are just the different degrees that suggest another interplaying of the energies. Like square, which is the same angle as in geometry, 90 degrees, generally means that there is a conflict of energies and it takes extra effort to make them work together. But through that work and conscientiousness can come extra strength and resilience and so on.

Sorry if I am making this too confusing but just in case it's helpful I'll continue and sum it up. So if two planets are 90 degrees apart (which at 30 degrees per sign it's 3 signs apart) forming a square they are probably not going to be exactly 90 degrees apart but maybe 94.. and one more thing that I didn't learn or understand til later but is simple, is that degree difference from the exactness, is called an "orb"
The less the orb is, the closer and more powerful the aspect is.. So if you have your Venus at 3 degrees Aquarius, and your Moon is at 9 degrees Aquarius, they are conjunct, close together but not exactly, with a difference, or orb, of 6 degrees. Which even over 5 degrees difference is still quite important. I could go on but I will stop myself lol, I'm glad to clarify or answer any specific questions if you have any. but Astrology is such a vast subject already so if you don't pay attention to the aspects or anything yet that is all right

Yeah, he ain't really ghetto enough for my taste....
__________________
“You have evolved from worm to man, but much within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more of an ape than any of the apes.” -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-05-2019, 11:56 PM
Sapphirez Sapphirez is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Us
Posts: 1,700
  Sapphirez's Avatar
that is beyond rude.. I hesitated but I think it's a fair disclaimer because the majority of Astrologers and spiritual speakers on youtube in general don't speak in a ghetto manner or whatever you'd like to call it so I just want anyone open-minded enough to check him out to be prepared. clearly whether you can relate to his upbringing or not your reaction illustrates that you are far more close-minded than one would hope, considering his merits don't hinge on whether or not he is ghetto. I detailed precisely how out of the norm he would appear to most at first specifically so he would be accepted and considered fairly.
Aside from that I spent a long time replying to your post trying to help and of everything I said all you had to respond was with that ignorant rudeness that has in actuality nothing to do with what I was saying, about him or anything.. sorry I assumed more of you
__________________
peachy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-05-2019, 03:17 PM
edithaint edithaint is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Mississippi River Vslley
Posts: 231
  edithaint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
that is beyond rude.. I hesitated but I think it's a fair disclaimer because the majority of Astrologers and spiritual speakers on youtube in general don't speak in a ghetto manner or whatever you'd like to call it so I just want anyone open-minded enough to check him out to be prepared. clearly whether you can relate to his upbringing or not your reaction illustrates that you are far more close-minded than one would hope, considering his merits don't hinge on whether or not he is ghetto. I detailed precisely how out of the norm he would appear to most at first specifically so he would be accepted and considered fairly.
Aside from that I spent a long time replying to your post trying to help and of everything I said all you had to respond was with that ignorant rudeness that has in actuality nothing to do with what I was saying, about him or anything.. sorry I assumed more of you

Haha that is beyond humorless. The way you tip-toed around the word "ghetto" is much more rude, as no one truly open-minded should require a "disclaimer" or whatever you call it to accept an individual. Quite frankly, I'm sure I'd probably enjoy the videos if I had the patience to sit and and watch a video, but I simply don't. I read much faster than I can listen to someone talk. No offense meant, at least not to him. I just find it bemusing and self-defeating that you would feel a need to warn "open-minded" individuals that someone is out of the norm, especially considering that what you might call "ghetto" or "redneck" is actually a normal, healthy, beautiful part of American culture.
__________________
“You have evolved from worm to man, but much within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more of an ape than any of the apes.” -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Naaria Naaria is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 14
 
At the risk of sounding holier than thou, I just wanna chime in... I hope I don't step too hard on your guys' toes.

Anyway, I agree with edithaint. In my experience, I only provide an unsolicited, and unnecessary (in the sense that you expect us to be open minded, but open minded people don't need to be reminded to be open minded) disclaimer when I feel embarrassed or ashamed about what I'm talking about. Could that be a fair assumption? "This guy that I look up to doesn't look like the other people on YouTube but I promise he's got good information"... why would the way he look matter? Or better phrased: why does the way he look matter enough to you to defend it so fierce so seemingly out of the blue?

And why did it offend you to the point where you felt the need to insult the other person who didn't even really say anything malicious?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Sapphirez Sapphirez is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Us
Posts: 1,700
  Sapphirez's Avatar
yeah I wouldn't use malicious as a word to describe what she said but it was beyond rude and immature. Doelow is out there. He's down to Earth but I've never come across a more genius or sensible person with more ghetto fabness than he possesses. It's more about the way he talks and carries himself and communicates to others than what he looks like. If you, either of you I'm guessing, bothered to spend 10 or 20 minutes sitting through part of his videos, or how many minutes or seconds did you spend watching this person I highly praised yet thoughtfully included a disclaimer about? before jumping on me for including one.. then you'd likely agree that you would probably warn a friend about just how out of the ordinary or extraordinary he is if you "got him" and decided you wanted to share his videos and messages with others. you would at least tell them he is unique especially if they are used to watching Astrology videos by the much more 'normal' 95% of people who create and share them.
The fact is that I found him and I listened to him and I love him. but I'm aware of how different he and his approach is to most others, I know no other that would even come close to his style or delivery.. If there's someone similar you've enjoyed watching and learning from then please do share. If not, then I have to ask why you are sitting here psychoanalyzing and criticizing me for sharing a what I reiterate is a fair disclaimer instead of actually watching his videos or sharing the others you know that are similar so I and others could benefit from them too. I've watched almost every Astrologer that has chart placement videos on youtube, and there are some wonderful people on there, but Doelow is nothing like any of them. He makes rap & hip-hop or whatever music videos also, and sometimes answers his cell phone while in the middle of making a video lol.. I think he is funny and adorable and one of the most enlightened and knowledgeable people I've ever come across on the internet or in person. but he is a one of a kind character and not what most anyone would expect, so yeah it warrants a friendly disclaimer before introducing him to someone.. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of him in the least, I am embarrassed and ashamed of people who wouldn't give him a chance, or think that chastising me about trying to explain him before expecting anyone to watch him is a better worth of their time than simply checking him out and learning from the wealth of wisdom and multidimensional genius he has to share
__________________
peachy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Naaria Naaria is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 14
 
Thanks for your reply! I think what you say is fair. I really was just curious. :)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-06-2019, 04:39 PM
edithaint edithaint is offline
Knower
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Mississippi River Vslley
Posts: 231
  edithaint's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naaria
At the risk of sounding holier than thou, I just wanna chime in... I hope I don't step too hard on your guys' toes.

Anyway, I agree with edithaint. In my experience, I only provide an unsolicited, and unnecessary (in the sense that you expect us to be open minded, but open minded people don't need to be reminded to be open minded) disclaimer when I feel embarrassed or ashamed about what I'm talking about. Could that be a fair assumption? "This guy that I look up to doesn't look like the other people on YouTube but I promise he's got good information"... why would the way he look matter? Or better phrased: why does the way he look matter enough to you to defend it so fierce so seemingly out of the blue?

And why did it offend you to the point where you felt the need to insult the other person who didn't even really say anything malicious?

I suppose I have my own biases. Some people would call residents of my community (myself included) things like "ghetto", "redneck", "hillbilly", or "lumpenproletariat". These people are often of the middle/upper income bracket, a highly vocal and influential minority, who have very little experience with day-to-day life among the working class in the inner cities, exurbs, and rural areas of the United States. What she calls "ghetto fab" is actually a normal healthy aspect of American culture that really shouldn't require a disclaimer for open-minded people. Doelow isn't any more "out there" than the average person, and to be honest, these may be part of why he didn't resonate with me: I myself am quite "out there" so far as I can tell. Unfortunately, those who believe themselves open-minded are too often sheltered within their sociocultural bubble....

If I am rude or immature, it is a reflection of what I perceive. From my personal experience, those who say "warning: this guy is ghetto, but he really is a genius!" or "sorry about my redneck buddy" are actually the ones most offended by and least accepting of "ghetto" behavior. This is why so many academics, activists, lawmakers, and lobbiests continue to strip away our personal liberties in the name of "helping" and "saving" the poor downtrodden masses: true diversity of thought, the colorful culture of our backwoods and back-alleys, actually disturbs these kind of people. I unfortunately (and perhaps wrongly) assumed Sapphirez to be one of those Hollywood activist-types trying to save the hordes from their ignorance, and I find that type of intellectual elitism to be beyond rude and immature as well.
__________________
“You have evolved from worm to man, but much within you is still worm. Once you were apes, yet even now man is more of an ape than any of the apes.” -- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The universe is random. Not inevitable. It's simple chaos." -- Walter White

"Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Albus Dumbledore
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums