Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Prayer & Spiritual Combat

St. Paul says we wrestle against Powers, Principalities and Spiritual wickedness in high places. The Chriatian walk is greatly one of spiritual battle. By all means, this post shouldn't be taken lightly.

Whenever you launch out to pray for someone, the dark forces that were against them set they're gaze upon you and immediately attack, and so there is a need to prepared spiritually, physically and mentally. Depending on ones own spiritual level, a lot can take place; If you are of a lower level that the one you are praying for and you do not have God on your side, the same demons against them will chain you in the spiritual world and make you useless. I have seen cases where a person who was being prayed for got healed of some pain in the abdomen and a couple seconds later, the person who prayed received the pain. It is always important to have God backing your prayer for the said person.

There are times when a stubborn force would show up and attempt to bind you spiritually and physically for simply praying to God for someone, and there will be need for a "live-combat". Many a times will they come when your not prepared, and release spiritual blows upon you that would lead to Ill health, physical pain, difficulties in relationships, electronic objects and living basically. I have encountered a number that have gone through these blows as a result of combat with these demonic spirits whether it was within or out of the body.

I strongly advise the use of fasting to uplift the energy of your spiritual body. I also advise seeking God's help to do this because if you aren't prepared for this, it could lead to serious repercussions.

I also strongly advise being well repented and fogiven of sins, as demons can accuse and even embarrass you wherever you are going to pray.

And finally, Spiritual Authority by the Holy Spirit, by the Word of God and/or by Faith. Without any kind of spiritual authority, demons, conditions or situations affecting the person you pray for won't budge at all... so gotta stay strapped! We see what happened to the Sceva boys on how the demons sorted them out. These Sceva boys had no spiritual authority to contend with the demons.

I hope that you found this in the least bit useful!

And Im really curious to learn of your experiences in Praying for others as well as Spiritual Combat...
Old 17-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Master

Life itself could be seen as a battle with ignorance/ignorant forces.

This is a general condition and not really exclusive to Christianity, although Christianity may prescribe specific ways to approach the resolution of this universal problem.

It becomes more conscious or apparent when human beings undertake a deliberate spiritual sadhana (yoga), otherwise in regular non-spiritual mundane life, the common perception is that life is simply an existential chaos and "bad things happen to good people", etc.

Rather than praying for God to be on your side, it is actually more effective to be on God's side, and to pray for God's Will to prevail.

~ J

Old 17-08-2019, 03:22 PM
Master
Good points

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 19-08-2019, 03:02 AM
janielee

Runs after Jyotir in every post, shouting “What he said x 1000%
Old 19-08-2019, 02:41 PM
ImthatIm

The only real force that prevails is The Divine Love of God.

When you exercise authority from this place, the outcome is certain.

Then the question becomes, how do we exercise this Divine Love of God effectively?
Old 19-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The only real force that prevails is The Divine Love of God.

When you exercise authority from this place, the outcome is certain.

Then the question becomes, how do we exercise this Divine Love of God effectively?

Oh yes! This is way better than what I had posted!!! My appreciation.

I believe that exercising this Divine Love first and foremost requires a need to experience it in a perpetual manner, or be at least able to access the "Heart of God" at will. I believe, resting within the Infinite Ocean, this Eternal Fire of His Love, can we move and exercise it in such and such a way that these illusionary forces are dissolved and anything we come into contact is renewed.

This is how I see it, I hope I'm seeing correctly.
Old 19-08-2019, 04:26 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Oh yes! This is way better than what I had posted!!! My appreciation.

I believe that exercising this Divine Love first and foremost requires a need to experience it in a perpetual manner, or be at least able to access the "Heart of God" at will. I believe, resting within the Infinite Ocean, this Eternal Fire of His Love, can we move and exercise it in such and such a way that these illusionary forces are dissolved and anything we come into contact is renewed.

This is how I see it, I hope I'm seeing correctly.

There is no need for seeing one as better or more correct.
We are each learning The Way to be a channel of God's Love and Peace and Joy.We can all lift each other up into Rest, which is our battle stance.

Resting in:
Love
Forgiveness
Humility
Faith
Trust
Grace
Joy
Peace
Gratefulness
Holiness
God's Righteousness
Unity with God through Christ by the Holy Spirit.
All the everlasting attributes of God.
Old 19-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
There is no need for seeing one as better or more correct.
We are each learning The Way to be a channel of God's Love and Peace and Joy.We can all lift each other up into Rest, which is our battle stance.

Resting in:
Love
Forgiveness
Humility
Faith
Trust
Grace
Joy
Peace
Gratefulness
Holiness
God's Righteousness
Unity with God through Christ by the Holy Spirit.
All the everlasting attributes of God.

Beautiful!!! AMEN.
Old 20-09-2019, 02:19 AM
Experiencer

On July 22, 2019 a demon attacked my sister in her dreams. She didn't tell me about it until the 24th. I went over to her house and prayed to God and commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. It's energy subsided greatly so after two hours of being there, I left.

The next day, on the 25th, my sister told me she had real physical pain in her abdomen where the demon had attacked her in her dreams. I knew I had to do something. After work, I prayed continuously for 40 minutes finally no longer felt any presence of the demon.

What you say is absolutely true, about how they will target those who are doing the praying. That night, I was awoken by the demon. It looked like a man with sharp teeth in a white nun outfit. I was rocking left to right in my bed, and inside my head, it was spinning at a million mph. Although it tried to scare me, I had no fear. I prayed and called on God to help me, and in the same way I removed it from my sister, I commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, and it was no more.
Old 20-09-2019, 12:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
On July 22, 2019 a demon attacked my sister in her dreams. She didn't tell me about it until the 24th. I went over to her house and prayed to God and commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. It's energy subsided greatly so after two hours of being there, I left.

The next day, on the 25th, my sister told me she had real physical pain in her abdomen where the demon had attacked her in her dreams. I knew I had to do something. After work, I prayed continuously for 40 minutes finally no longer felt any presence of the demon.

What you say is absolutely true, about how they will target those who are doing the praying. That night, I was awoken by the demon. It looked like a man with sharp teeth in a white nun outfit. I was rocking left to right in my bed, and inside my head, it was spinning at a million mph. Although it tried to scare me, I had no fear. I prayed and called on God to help me, and in the same way I removed it from my sister, I commanded it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ, and it was no more.

These experiences, I'm pretty sure you have more. Your sister is really blessed to have you.

It's my belief that the true Light work is not only in being loving, kind and generous but being violent to demons oppressing those to whom we are loving, compassionate and caring to.

I remember I was praying from a certain lady who had been oppressed by a sorcerer who wanted to misuse her and this touched me. I then the sorcerer for hire turned on me and struck me in the spiritual realm, and I slowly started to feel the physical blow on my head which felt like I was actually punched near the eye. God showed me who it was and I proceeded to pray at length until she was totally free from that opposition. I remember during prayer, this sorcerer turned into a lion and we wrestled, and I subdued him in the name of Jesus Christ.

It's real!!! It gets crazy up in there (the spiritual realm).