Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2019, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Maybe I am a wimp, but if I turned around and saw a cucumber proportionate to me as the cucumber was to the cats, I would jump and run for 'hell'.

But then as I said to one of my friends "Don't leave home without your KY".

Glad some of YOU are having fun.
Please don't tell me that you used "cucumber" and "KY" together in the same post...dear lord.

There is fun to be had if you avail yourself of it.

Which leads me on to the topic of moral acceptability when it comes to responsibility and ownership.

In that video, Matt talks about the ego as being a "scoundrel" who just loves the taboo..who loves drama and controversy...so the more we realise we "should not" be doing something, the more we are gonna do it because it is "evil"...it is juicy and delicious, but then again, who makes all those rules?

If there are no written laws saying that a person cannot do this or that or face fines or imprisonment, what are the rules and guidelines that one needs to live by and who makes them? Society? bearing in mind that there are many deviants in society who will use cucumbers to scare their moggies or know what to do with one and a tube of KY personal lubricant OR know how to make a delicious salad or tsatziki out of one...just saying.

Well, this is what folks get when they tell me to "be myself"...their fault. LOL
Old 19-09-2019, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Please don't tell me that you used "cucumber" and "KY" together in the same post...dear lord.

There is fun to be had if you avail yourself of it.

Which leads me on to the topic of moral acceptability when it comes to responsibility and ownership.

In that video, Matt talks about the ego as being a "scoundrel" who just loves the taboo..who loves drama and controversy...so the more we realise we "should not" be doing something, the more we are gonna do it because it is "evil"...it is juicy and delicious, but then again, who makes all those rules?

If there are no written laws saying that a person cannot do this or that or face fines or imprisonment, what are the rules and guidelines that one needs to live by and who makes them? Society? bearing in mind that there are many deviants in society who will use cucumbers to scare their moggies or know what to do with one and a tube of KY personal lubricant OR know how to make a delicious salad or tsatziki out of one...just saying.

Well, this is what folks get when they tell me to "be myself"...their fault. LOL

It’s no skin off my cucumber if you be you..hehe
Old 19-09-2019, 02:18 AM
Master
Quote:
You are very welcome.

There is a deeper level of understanding and awareness which I am also bringing to the fore in this thread...it goes way beyond what is being typed here.

When I watched that Matt Kahn video last night, words were said that totally bypassed my rational mind, but my heart heard them loud and clear...but I also realise that what works for me personally, probably will not work for others either if they don't believe...so it is a two-way street.

Does that mean that Matt was giving me Shaktipat? or just saying what I needed to hear at the time? I don't feel that anybody can give you anything that is not already within yourself and all they can hope to achieve is facilitate the awakening of it...but that is also very personal and individual.

The Guru doesn't give you anything.

I guess it all boils down to trusting that someone whom you have never met before is going to know you better than you know yourself to be able to provide the right environment or space for your flower to unfold...like the gardener attending his crop...all he can ever do is plant the seed, but it is up to Grace to do the rest.

No guru is gonna drag my a$$ out of bed at 4am to meditate. No guru is gonna shove kale juice down my throat twice a day instead of coffee.

What happens when the universe tells you what to do but you don't listen? feel totally unmotivated to do so? For no matter what a guru may say or do, in the end, it is up to the individual to act on it and if they either do not or cannot, then c'est la vie or c'est la mort - whatever the case may be.

Illuminating what already is..
Activating through connection works in lots of ways, lots of different connections. It’s not singular it’s almost anything that hits the spot.
It’s called alignment, timing, openness and readiness. And when it hits the spot you might not even be ready or think your open, but it still hits something..hehe

What your saying rings true..

As Buddhism often says. There is no doer..
Old 19-09-2019, 02:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You are very welcome.

There is a deeper level of understanding and awareness which I am also bringing to the fore in this thread...it goes way beyond what is being typed here.

When I watched that Matt Kahn video last night, words were said that totally bypassed my rational mind, but my heart heard them loud and clear...but I also realise that what works for me personally, probably will not work for others either if they don't believe...so it is a two-way street.

Does that mean that Matt was giving me Shaktipat? or just saying what I needed to hear at the time? I don't feel that anybody can give you anything that is not already within yourself and all they can hope to achieve is facilitate the awakening of it...but that is also very personal and individual.

The Guru doesn't give you anything.

I guess it all boils down to trusting that someone whom you have never met before is going to know you better than you know yourself to be able to provide the right environment or space for your flower to unfold...like the gardener attending his crop...all he can ever do is plant the seed, but it is up to Grace to do the rest.

No guru is gonna drag my a$$ out of bed at 4am to meditate. No guru is gonna shove kale juice down my throat twice a day instead of coffee.

What happens when the universe tells you what to do but you don't listen? feel totally unmotivated to do so? For no matter what a guru may say or do, in the end, it is up to the individual to act on it and if they either do not or cannot, then c'est la vie or c'est la mort - whatever the case may be.

i could agree with you on a lot here.

for me the only purpose of a guru is about the energetic component that works behind the scenes. presence and or shaktipat. but it only shows you what is already within us.

everything else is nonsense. just noise. nobody knows me better than i know myself. this is just me sharing what i have found. like i said much i agree with u. some i don't. and thats ok. we are all different and on our own journey.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 19-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i could agree with you on a lot here.

for me the only purpose of a guru is about the energetic component that works behind the scenes. presence and or shaktipat. but it only shows you what is already within us.

everything else is nonsense. just noise. nobody knows me better than i know myself. this is just me sharing what i have found. like i said much i agree with u. some i don't. and thats ok. we are all different and on our own journey.

So how do you see the guru in all this running. What role are they playing?
Old 19-09-2019, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
As Buddhism often says. There is no doer..
"Amen to that!"

Or as Taoism says:
Quote:
OBLIVION OVERCOMING KNOWLEDGE.
1. The scholar seeketh daily increase of knowing; the sage of Tao daily decrease of doing.
2. He decreaseth it, again and again, until he doth no act with the lust of result. Having attained this Inertia all accomplisheth itself.
3. He who attracteth to himself all that is under Heaven doth so without effort. He who maketh effort is not able to attract it.

Not that I became Christian all of a sudden, but the same sense of elation of freedom joy applies:

"There is no doer!":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oif8xjHLrD4

Though just prior to the recognition of it ‘we’ often do go through the pits of “What about meeeee” – blues.

Old 19-09-2019, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
"Amen to that!"

Or as Taoism says:

Not that I became Christian all of a sudden, but the same sense of elation of freedom joy applies:

"There is no doer!":

Though just prior to the recognition of it ‘we’ often do go through the pits of “What about meeeee” – blues.

That song is lovely.

It is also synchronous with the video I posted. I do not intend to push it upon others, nor use it as any basis for my argument, but I can see the recurring trend in this thread here as well as what I saw last night and I believe it is called "joining the dots".

In the video, Matt spoke about being in alignment, and the process of achieving it, which he called "going gospel".

"Going gospel means to find passion in everything you do, no matter how small or seemingly irrelevant it is...oh wow.. breathing... totally nailed it!

It also goes back to Mindfulness and putting full awareness into the action instead of doing it by rote and on autopilot because once our body knows how to do something, it will tell the mind "I got this...you are free think...to do other things" and thus the plasticity of the brain becomes set into a total mind/body disconnect...this gives the subconscious mind free reign over biological processes which lead to psychosomatic illnesses based upon past traumas.

When awareness is brought back to the connection and the mind once again reigns in the body, it becomes the faithful servant rather than a rogue operator and the way to do this is through self-love and passion (going gospel) and once that alignment is made within the internal energetic system, then it will self-cancel like matching sound frequencies..and then a higher level of vibration will be attained.

If there was anything I actually learned last night, it was that.
Old 19-09-2019, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
"Amen to that!"

Or as Taoism says:

"There is no doer!":

The me I am..doesn’t care about ‘what about meeeee’.. it cares about what I am as me..

Nice tune..

Here’s one to indulge all the senses..

https://youtu.be/4vJaBKEqM2o
Old 19-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
That song is lovely.

It is also synchronous with the video I posted. I do not intend to push it upon others, nor use it as any basis for my argument, but I can see the recurring trend in this thread here as well as what I saw last night and I believe it is called "joining the dots".

In the video, Matt spoke about being in alignment, and the process of achieving it, which he called "going gospel".

"Going gospel means to find passion in everything you do, no matter how small or seemingly irrelevant it is...oh wow.. breathing... totally nailed it!
When synchronicities are happening left, right and centre & things are falling into place within and without and yet ‘there is no doer’ – I guess it is as if rediscovering ‘alignment’ anew, so one cannot help but break out in ‘gospel’.

Quote:
It also goes back to Mindfulness and putting full awareness into the action instead of doing it by rote and on autopilot because once our body knows how to do something, it will tell the mind "I got this...you are free think...to do other things" and thus the plasticity of the brain becomes set into a total mind/body disconnect...this gives the subconscious mind free reign over biological processes which lead to psychosomatic illnesses based upon past traumas.

When awareness is brought back to the connection and the mind once again reigns in the body, it becomes the faithful servant rather than a rogue operator and the way to do this is through self-love and passion (going gospel) and once that alignment is made within the internal energetic system, then it will self-cancel like matching sound frequencies..and then a higher level of vibration will be attained.
When the thoughts from our mental-map-of-reality (the knowing) arise to meet every new circumstance - that is an autopilot mode of functioning.

I really do not mind ‘spiritual teachers’ encouraging people to sense the ‘isness’ of “I amness” – because it just brings one into ‘pure awareness –what is’.
Or use a bit more expansive TIME. SPACE. MIND. – (reset) formula to anchor that ‘isness’ into the present in order to explore ‘what is’ (within and without). …. moment to moment anew ….

Because those teachers are just trying to guide you to you … and into realizing the nondual (or ‘emptiness’) reference point beyond the relative reference points of both of us ......

Something like that.

Old 19-09-2019, 07:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe

Here’s one to indulge all the senses..

https://youtu.be/4vJaBKEqM2o

Wow!
Really liked the peacock display effect