Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 08-09-2012, 12:44 AM
madein71

selecting a hypnotherapy course?

i am interested in learning hypnotherapy the courses here in Oz are very expensive ..........soooo i thought i would ask for those that have studied hypnotherapy.......

could you suggest what to look for in a course ?

any important questions i should be asking the trainers when choosing a course?

also for those who have studied did you attend classes or was it online?

how much experience should the people teaching the course have?

thankyou in advance for your input
Old 09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madein71
i am interested in learning hypnotherapy the courses here in Oz are very expensive ..........soooo i thought i would ask for those that have studied hypnotherapy.......

could you suggest what to look for in a course ?

any important questions i should be asking the trainers when choosing a course?

Good questions. Here's what I'd ask:

1. "What do you think of NLP?" Being somewhat trained in NLP is a good thing.
2. "I have problem X, how would you go about fixing that?" Anyone who doesn't talk about finding out a lot more about you and your problem should be avoided.
3. "Can you hypnotise me right here right now?" Kinda obvious, might not feel appropriate and if it's over the phone, "Probably not" is an acceptable answer.

Quote:
also for those who have studied did you attend classes or was it online?
Online training is not even worth the time.

Quote:
how much experience should the people teaching the course have?
The more the better although people like about this sort of thing and they might not have have become much better hypnotherapists over time.

For what it's worth, I've been a hypnotherapist since 1996.
Old 13-09-2012, 06:23 AM
madein71

thanks for the good advice Aquarian!

update

i have been looking at some courses here in Sydney and have booked into a free information night for one in early october, estimated cost to be around $10,000.......so i want to have some questions i can ask on the night.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Gregatha

Hi Madein...when you get your questions together.....it might be worth having a chat with alistair Horscroft.....he seems pretty switched on.

Cheers
Old 15-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Aquarian

In Sydney, at least talk to the Collingwoods, Inspiritive NLP.
Old 16-09-2012, 06:39 AM
Master

There is a good hypnotherapist called Sydney Hypnotherapy and self hypnosis centre. It is located in Macquarie Street, Sydney or at her home address in Pennant Hills. Courses are available. She has had many years experience. Do not take my word that she is good, ask her questions if you are interested. You can do a google search and find out all about her. There is a lot of information about what she does. She charges $180 for one hour. There are other times and prices. The first session is free.
Old 16-09-2012, 07:42 AM
madein71

thanks for the suggestions! I will follow up on those.
Old 16-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Master
If you were in the UK, I would say - check the professional register
http://www.hypnotherapy-directory.or...don&uqs=380558

I suggest you do the same in Oz.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM
jnms

Make sure to avoid all those 1-day or 1-week courses. And as norseman says check the professional register...
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Krishna-prem

Hi,

As a trainer, these are the things I look out for when selecting courses to take

When considering a trainer, get a sense of them as a person and change worker first and foremost. We tend to take on some of the traits of our mentors and teachers so choose wisely.

Next, consider their professional experience, are they seeing clients, are they a trainer from a professional organization, etc. Have they been trained to be a trainer and will taking their course result in a certification in said organization. What are others saying about their course?

In terms of the training, length is no indication of value. I have seen week long courses that are more on point and solid than year long courses. The important thing regardless of length is to recognize that this is only the first step in a life long process of learning. Keep educating yourself and nothing will take the place of practice.

So ask if the training is hands on and if there will be opportunities to practice. I also would invest my time or money on courses that rely on scripts. Also I would recommend staying away from online courses. They tend to give knowledge but don't help you develop instinct.

Cheers,
K-P