Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
...Would love to hear your views on the origin and purpose of the animal realm, and its connection to the human-soul realm.
I just might take you up on that.
Old 29-10-2018, 03:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
why you came onto the planet Earth as a human?
Maybe you have wondered, as I do, who or what or why you were born right at the top of the league of life - were life a football match you'd have to win all your games to get the pride of place at the end. In other words what have you done to have deserved such a privilege?
Being born into this life as a human is, on balance, quite a rare thing. There are millions of life species on this globe and countless members of some of these species. And yet, here you are, right at the top of the table, so why are you not a Siberian Tiger (an even rarer form to assume than a human) or an elephant (still rarer than a human but not as rare as a duck-billed-platypus). One could under the circumstances even ask why you are not a giant redwood tree or a tulip.
Should I care to ask my neighbour why she is a human she'll say 'because of my mum and dad', if I go further and ask her husband he'll tell me about genes and DNA strings. Richard Dawkins would carry on in the same words but with much more details.
Nevertheless one does wonder. In that void, before you were conceived, where were you? Who 'said' let's make Busby a human being, male, white and keen on tennis. If my mother had quickly changed places with a girl friend seconds before conception would I still be the person writing this?

What are we not seeing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...begins-when-s/

Obviously there are plenty of ideas about where you were before you were precipitated into life and you should be thankful that things turned out quite well. You do after all (presumably) have walls which surround you, a roof over your head, and food on the table. Some people don't. Had you been born as a polar bear you have nothing and have to fight for every sardine you can get. So, repeating the question, why weren't you born as a polar bear? What made the difference.
You could of course tell us about evolution in the real materialistic sense and make Richard Dawkins happy - although I doubt if he'd want to hear anything about re-incarnating. Maybe you'd tell us about spiritual development/evolution which is just as difficult to explain as this would mean we'd been hanging around in the void waiting for the next bus so to speak.
Personally this quandary, (why am I not an elephant) tends to keep my mind busy early in the mornings. This has puzzle has accompanied me for years. I as well as you must have done something to be on the top rank of things and not have to go sniffing in the sewers for lunch.

How did we manage that?????????

yet again you are caught into thinking, and yet again you are made miserable.

perhaps your path to God is not through the mind. ever thought of that?
Old 29-10-2018, 07:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
yet again you are caught into thinking, and yet again you are made miserable.

perhaps your path to God is not through the mind. ever thought of that?

Sorry, obviously there is a lot to ignore, something which I have as today failed to understand. However I do have to say in my defence that I am not miserable. In fact I consider myself to be the happiest man on this planet - you, in case you think this title belongs to you - will have to wait.
Please inform us/me just how, in view of your statement, the path to 'God' doesn't go through the mind. Throwing statements like that around does need some explanation and could save us all a lot of time and wasted energy.

We are all eager to know.
Old 29-10-2018, 02:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Sorry, obviously there is a lot to ignore, something which I have as today failed to understand. However I do have to say in my defence that I am not miserable. In fact I consider myself to be the happiest man on this planet - you, in case you think this title belongs to you - will have to wait.
Please inform us/me just how, in view of your statement, the path to 'God' doesn't go through the mind. Throwing statements like that around does need some explanation and could save us all a lot of time and wasted energy.

We are all eager to know.
Wow! Didn't know you had all THAT 'in' you, Busby!

Woohoo!
Old 01-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Ascender
Talking Wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I could try to be funny ... I could try to be serious ... Which to choose?

Years ago, I also began to wonder: Why am I here? What am I supposed to do? Why do people reincarnate (when I started to believe that we reincarnate)?

In a few words ... I currently believe that souls are on a path of evolvement. We incarnate in Physical because we can't yet "be for long" on a higher plane of existence. We incarnate as humans, because we progressed enough not to incarnate as an animal form of life. Humans aren't all on the same level of evolvement.

More specifically ... Humans almost mastered their instincts, and are currently focused and driven by emotions. We can't be for long on a thought-responsive plane of existence (as the higher planes are) because our emotions (fear especially) push us quickly into a nightmarish scenario. So, we mainly need to learn to master our emotions, before our physical reincarnation cycle could end. At the same time we have to improve our intellect (which human just started to develop), and intuition (which humans barely are aware of).

At the same time, each one of us has our individual lesson / experience for this life, that is caused by karmic balancing of the though forms we created in previous incarnations.

Funny reply ... If you ask why you aren't a lower form of life, maybe somebody "up there" hears you, and grants your wish ... (?)

Did I leave a message for myself?
Old 19-11-2018, 02:40 AM
Suspended

I've attempted a few times to remember if I could remember anything from before I was born, especially recently because of my belief that I'm meant to enter the fictional world of Annabelle Creation