Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 12-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Knower
winter sleep

I love the winter sleep of trees
how they drop everything
to attend to their rest

how they let go of all adornments
so they can begin again
when the time is right

how they bend wisely, lash with gusto
through violent storms

how they move with those currents
and shed twigs, limbs, branches
as if it were nothing

naked form, evolving, reaching
each year closer to the sky

and the honesty, the clarity
such stark simplicity, my mentors
my beautiful beloved winter trees

I started to write, inspired by the spring energy and assuming the poem would be about this .... but it became the above! and it made me smile because for many months I have been sitting and adoring the trees around my home, in their benuded state, and so it is perfectly fitting that my soul would have something to say about that!

( Mods I could not find a tree icon! May I request one for all tree huggers?!)
Old 12-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Experiencer
Delightful. I never met a season bereft of beauty, nor have you it seems.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 PM
Master
I love trees...I was out and about yesterday walking and enjoying nature. Winter trees are as delightful as the beauty in all seasons tree related..

I enjoyed this poem BW. I connected and felt the energy and feelings in me that you convey in your sharing.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 15-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Knower
Lovely, lovely! I too have written poems of trees. There something about their passive steadfastness that is inspiring, beautiful - no matter what is going on around them or how the seasons change. You have captured that feeling well!
Old 21-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Deactivated Account

brokenwings, you have such a beautiful way with words - have you consider publishing a book of poems?

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 21-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Knower
Thankyou for the comments

I have indeed Floatsy...I really appreciate the encouragement!
Old 22-04-2016, 03:18 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
brokenwings, you have such a beautiful way with words - have you consider publishing a book of poems?

Floatsy, BrokenWings... people have said this to me about my poetry. Me, who writes incessantly and shares liberally. I thought, "How many books of poetry have I, I who love poery, purchased in the last 10 years? Three? Only three?" So I said "I don't care!" and published my own book of poetry for Kindle, free on one of the free web sites. YES!!!! DO IT!!!!

Shortly, I will be publishing the book through one of the free associated "on demand" websites. I can purchase a sample to review for less than $10.00. Then I shall have it for my own. I can sleep with it under my pillow. I can lay it on my coffee table. I can order it for gifts for my friends and family. I can name rights to it in my will; my very own book!!!

This is an awesome poem. You might decide to include it. xoxoxo.