Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:35 AM
sashwah

meditation

Hi guys,

i've been meditating for a couple of year now. At first i found it hard to sttle in and go under. I use crystals to help me focus. I know they're not necessary but like you Ancestral, i find it helps me focus. I use a lump of rough selenite. I wait until i can feel it pusing in my hand and them focus on the pulse, it takes no time at all now.

Neeraj_bhatt_2002. I have a suggestion for you, something to help polarise the energy travelling along your spine. Sit comfortably on the floor or on a stool. Place your left hand on the top of your head and your right hand on the base of your spine. You will feel that one hand is hot and the other is cool. Remain in that position for a while and you will notice that the other hand now feels hot and the other hand has cooled down. Sit until both hands feel at a normal temperature. You will have pulled your energies into line. This takes between five and ten minutes.

Hope that helps :)
Old 26-01-2006, 05:39 PM
AL

A big warm loving Hi to everyone. Been meditating for arround 25 years, (which means little), off and on in equal measures. I appear to be modulating my way to..........*
I can only give my viewpoint.
There is nothing to fear about meditation.
We all meditate 24 hours per day. Meditation is simply thinking. It is not about not thinking, but, thinking the right kind of thoughts.The mind is always thinking, why try to stop it doing what it does naturaly. Not thinking, is a thought itself.
OK, Hands up anyone who does not beat themselves up internally?........... It has to stop, you hear? it has to stop.
Meditation, an overview- Perhaps we all want something different from meditation. Rather than dynamic happiness and bliss, perhaps we are really looking for peace and contentment. If we have these, we will have the rest.
It is good to ask ourselves what we want from it, but not too much.
It is better to aim for deep and wise, than high and famous.
We can sit e.g. twice a day ritualy for 15-30 mins at a time, then in the other 23h 30m cause chaos in our own and others lives. Still, better to med. than not at all. On the other hand, if we are getting nothing from it, it may be best to have a break, it is not religion after all. It may be best to stay off the hamster wheel of rigid fear and repetition, there is no self respect in this approach, though, we will all meet it within ourselves sooner or later as that religious mechanism is there, so we have to transform that to its pure original form also.
We dont want to destroy ego, we want to TRANSFORM it also, back to its original form, which is self respect.
So, the weaknesses are not to be attacked and destroyed.They are simply our positive natural spiritual qualities and virtues, turned to their negative end of the spectrum (entropy). Our task is to gently transform them back to their natural original pure nature. Self abuse is not on the menu. "Learning to love our SELF is the greatest love of all". When we love the self, we will have love for others automatically. While we are quoting song lyrics, there is always Sting's "we are spirits, in a material world"
CHANGE THE SELF, TO CHANGE THE WORLD.
We can get as intelectual as we like, it is ok, but it does not mean we have true self respect.
Simplicity is a big part of spirituality/ meditation in my experience. Western minds in particular should beware of this, we can get a little complex and intelect orientated.
It should not always be a slog.
I mean, what size is a thought?.....what colour is a thought?,.......how much does a thought weigh?.......Everything we perceive ourselves to be, and the world arround us to be, is done through thoughts. That makes you and I invisible. No one ever taught me that I am actualy invisible. Why not? What else did "they" err.. forget to tell us? Not that I am suggesting that anyone would deliberately dumb down society, (ahem)
It may be best to turn the tv off and do something creative instead while meditating. Better still, put it in a cupboard.... or bucket.
Thoughts are like sound, they travel in the direction we send them. And each thought carries a vibration with it, to its destination. The air is thick with traffic. What vibes are we sending others? We really just need to fucus on our own awareness, that changes the world.
Dont compare the self to others, we are not sheep, follow your own personal path to your own personal beauty within. We all have different experiences. I am not saying, dont join a group or centre etc.
Guilt will destroy your self respect, do not go there,ever,no matter what you have done. (That is not a licence to do it again). And dont feel guilty about ..um..feeling guilty.
In short, I AM A SPIRITUAL BEING OF LIGHT, MY TRUE ORIGINAL NATURE IS PEACE. This is all anyone needs. Simple.
Dont try too hard, thinking is natural, keep it loose and light, enjoy Al.

Last edited by AL : 09-11-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 28-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Ancestral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarkandeya
Hi Ancestral,

"Spiritual Adepts" is a term widely used in reference to people otherwise known as "masters", "sages", etc. More often than not, they are "hidden" and have little or no followings. They appear as "needed" to share what is most helpful at that time.

Without going into detail, I was fortunate to attend a Kumbha Mela in India with a person widely considered to be a saint in that country. The Kumbha Mela is a spiritual happening in which sages, saints, and others (that term will be left undefined) converge at some auspicious place. There, I was blessed to meet some special people who were solitary figures without a following and who showed no signs whatsoever. However, through somewhat unconventional methods that make lasting impressions, they were able to impart to me that which was important at that particular point in time.

Obviously, one does not have to travel to India to experience such things. My first such experience many years ago was with a person who appeared to be a homeless wanderer on the streets of New York. I would encounter him spontaneously over a period of two years before he revealed himself for what he was. During that two-year period, I egotistically thought that I was doing "good deeds" for some one far below my state of "spiritual advancement". I soon discovered that my little candle of light was dwarfed by his "sun". Overall, he would appear to me on the streets of New York quite spontaneously and unpredictably over a period of nine years before he departed from my life altogether. At that point, he assured me that "a greater teacher will take my place." His words, of course, were true.

I hope that this has shed some light in response to your question. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you. Ask and you shall receive. This is the law of the Universe !

Peace.

I believe that I did not properly thank you for answering my question. My apologies and life got crazy and now it is even crazier. That is not a excuse though for my lack of manners. THANK YOU, take care.
Old 30-01-2006, 07:21 PM
AL

meditation on true self and the supreme being/(re)creator

It is against my principles to charge money to teach this knowledge/ meditation, It is not my knowledge, I understand it to come from a divine source.
Perhaps the most difficult thing we can attempt in life is to change ourselves.
If you are just looking for a bit of relaxation in your life, this may not be for you. If you want to (re)discover the true self, and (re)creator (the creator is an artist)...then read on.

The first lesson is........ WHO AM I?
The last lesson is ....... WHO AM I?
Well,I guess that just about raps it up,good luck. C.U.

Ah,....still here?.....need it broken down a bit more perhaps?
What if we were to rephrase that last one and say-
The first lesson is........ WHAT AM I?
The last lesson is ....... WHO AM I?
WHAT AM I? refers to my form. In fact,it is a scientific question.The human soul can be thought of as an infinitesimal(beyond measurement with physical instruments) point of light.
Think of your (?) name..e.g.Oliver Manwell, or (O.M.).........that is the name of your material costume, given to you at birth, but you are not your physical body.
A common misconception at this POINT can be to think that we understand, but are actualy in the awareness of being a body which has a soul. "my soul" "I have a soul".
It is important to get the cart behind the horse here before we can move forward.
So...I AM a tiny point of light, like a little star, inside my head. I look out through the eyes.
I, the soul , have a material body, a wonderful machine, which I use to express myself through as I interact with others and the material world/nature, in general. (like any wonderful machine, it needs to be taken care of with good diet etc. also, stress from the mind can cause bodily illness)
The human soul cannot be created or destroyed, the personality/consciousness however, can change. You are imortal, eternal. What is there to fear?,.........ever.
The human soul can be divided into three areas. MIND-INTELECT-PERSONALITY.

MIND-It simply creates thoughts all the time. All the time. Thoughts give off vibrations.

INTELECT- It retains all knowledge learned, and discriminates over the thoughts which the mind creates.

PERSONALITY- the accumulation of the recorded experiences and actions through using a material costume, or indeed,many.
When the intelect has knowledge that it is in fact a spiritual point of eternal consciousness, who'soriginal personality is peace, it can then take control of the thoughts which the mind creates, such as,when we try to meditate. But then, these thoughts which we dont want keep emerging, distracting us.The mind chatters away.
This is beacuase the body conscious personality traits have been used to having control over the thoughts created in the mind, habitualy/automatically. The more we do something, the deeper it becomes ingrained, then habits form e.g. thinking ourSELF to be physical, gendre, age, colour, nationality etc.There is nothing wrong with these things, as long as we have them in context to WHAT/ WHO am I?.
When we lose control of our thoughts/ mind during meditation, gently swing it back. Try not to get intolerant of this, it will only make things worse. It happens, but there are those glimpses and moments, which is a bonus compared to before. So we are breaking old cycles of negative thought, and creating new positive ones. Have mercy on the self. You are a wonderous being of beauty, and you deserve better. With practice, we dive beneath the many layers of actions and experiences and personality on the surface, to the true self deep within. You really are a beautiful spiritual being. All are....
At this point, it helps to understand environment/ dimensions. Lets keep it very simple this time and break it down to two dimentions. 1st, This material universe with solar systems and galaxies, including a crazy little place called earth.
While the experience may suggest that we are part of the material world, sooner or later, we must conclude that this is unlikely, if we are spiritual energy.
We souls are not from the material universe, our spiritual home is a dimension of peaceful GOLDEN red light, which is silent. (heaven, nirvana, brahm element etc.) That is not to say that everything is not connected. It helps to separate these things at first for practical reasons.
As a little exersize, let us adopt the awareness that we never actualy left that expanse of peaceful golden light and have been mearly projecting our consciousness from this dimension of light, as beings of light, into this coporeal world manipulating matter and that, Over time, we started to think that we are the body's which we use as instruments.
So this does away with the labour of getting there, from the material world. So,We are already there.
While in this dimension of golden light that we have existed in all along, gently emerge an awareness of what it was like when you were there, before you ever took a body in the game of life. Try to dwell on each point and EXPERIENCE the knowledge, remember, spiritual knowledge is limited, untill it is experienced. The process is- KNOWLEDGE- EXPERIENCE- REALISATION, it becomes real over years, or, the rest of your life.
So, lets meditate, first on the self, then we are in the correct consciousness to approach Shiva, God, Allah etc.This one is not interested in communicating with O.M.(body), that one only recognises our original form and personality, the one that I was before entering the game of birth and rebirth, my eternal personality, so we must adjust our dress of consciousness first, or we are likely to fail to make contact, or, get a response. It is very subtle. Dont try too hard. Lets say, when I think of God, God thinks of me.
Some meditation type music may be useful, quietly brushing the air in the background. If you can, sit cross legged with a straight back, but it is not essential, whatever you find comfortable. Astraight back dining chair is probably more conducive for keeping a straight back than the comfy sofa. (if you already meditate, you could do your usual thing)
Dont close your eyes, this is what we do to go to sleep, use the minds eye to see.e.g.Imagine your kitchen sink,(when tidy,...oh,...I see).....you just used the minds eye, and were not aware of what the physical eyes were seeing, though, they were open. (try a few times if you like,with anything) It is also good practice for daily action. A few gentle deep breaths,relax the shoulders,and,remember to breath,though,it can slow down and become shallower.We dont want to starve the brain of oxygen though,which could cause a headache.
The dots signify pauses for contemplation. No expectations, and, Take as long as you like on each POINT.
Knowledge is to be experienced, so take your time on each POINT.
Remember, in this one, we have never used a material body on earth before -
MEDITATION COMMENTARY

I am a tiny spark of pure consciousness,................peacefuly suspended in a dimension of silent golden light.........It is very very peaceful here.....Soft..........silent............my true original home..........and I am ignorant to what a material costume is..........I was Never created,.........and will exist forever.........eternal.........who am I who is and always has been eternal?.....who am I who has never used a body in the world drama...... weightless.......pure.........and however small I see myself as being as a tiny star of light,....I travel into the centre of the point......... becomming smaller ..and smaller....and smaller.........(continue this)...............

We are now in the accurate state of awareness to approach the supreme soul.......
without fear.............This pure soul who has never taken a body on the world stage and never ever judges anyone........This one cares for me very much and I feel myself being pulled closer to the centre of the other point of light............we are both suspended in the expanse of silent golden red light..............still.............no fear............I feel accepted............Light gently pulses from the centre of that one............radiating out.................it is a warm loving light...and I focus on the point.........travelling into the soft..gentle..pulsating point of light........and it gets smaller .....and smaller...(cont)......the gentle pulsating waves which emanate from the centre point wash over me.........these waves of light pass through I the point of light.......soft and peaceful......healing me.......cleansing me............this light has an abundance of qualities and spiritual beuty.........it is gods light...........pure and inocent............sweet and loving...........I am home........with my eternal spiritual parent...........the unlimited one..........we have never used body's on planet earth............I feel pure ......inocent.....and child like......egoless.......I am with my eternal spiritual parent......the one who always has been.......and always will be my eternal parent..............and friend............teacher.............liberator... ........the coolest....most expansive thinking....open minded being I have ever met...........and I am the eternal child of this one,as I bath in the warm gentle glowing point of pure personality......the most buitiful personality of all souls...........and, as the child of this one......... I am also like this..........my true original nature......I have nothing to prove to this one.........this one knows me very well........I belong here........I belong to this one........my sweet eternal parent........we have no gendre....age...or size.......we are invisible.........just pure consciousness...............as I continue to travel into that point.........in our home of light..........the home of all souls...........and in this huge expanse of golden red light......I become aware of millions and billions of other points of light....like little stars....gently glowing....I feel compasion towards my fellow souls...........we are all here............and there is a warm and sweet vibration of love among all souls............I send out feelings of warmth and loving compasion to every soul in the peaceful world of light and silence..........all are ignorant to life on earth.............................and we all resonate love together....in our spiritual home...........we have always been here,naturaly.............it is where we souls reside.............and all arround me..I can here silence......the environment arround me IS silence..................I sit suspended in the powerful silence and light........as light.......a tiny tiny point of pure consciousness.............I am peace......................I the soul am pure.............................
.................................................. .....Iam.......................................... ........................ .................................................. .......*

Last edited by AL : 09-11-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 27-02-2006, 01:30 PM
AL

free courses in meditation

Group meditation is generaly more powerful than on your own. The synergy effect in terms of vibrations allows us to be helped by others, and our own vibe's helping others and contributing to the atmosphere.

Last edited by AL : 09-11-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 28-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Maarkandeya

The great jnani yogi, Nisargadatta Maharaj, once said: "Traveling in pairs and groups is for entertainment only. The real journey is in solitude."

While he makes a great point for advanced meditators, I agree with the previous poster that, in the formative developmental stages, group meditation can be very helpful.
Closed Thread