Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 23-07-2006, 08:14 PM
AZCowGirl

The Master Key System

Hi new to the forum...looks like a fun, uplifting and interesting place...

I have recently put up a web site...I was inspiried by the movie "The Secret"

I have the "The Master Key System" on site, you can subscribe to the lessons
for FREE...lots of other good "stuff", too!

I think you will find the lessons interesting, challenging and very rewarding...

It is rumored that Bill Gates found & used this system while at Harvard...

Life is supposed to be FUN, so enjoy your journey...
Old 26-07-2006, 01:11 PM
dreamer

Hi AZCowGirl,

thanks for the link for the masterkey system above, I would recommend it from personal experience as a tool to take you wherever you want to go.
Old 28-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by km703
I'm curious.
So many of the visual/meditation techiques are too tranquil for my taste.
One of my favorite meditation/visualization is this:
(Shortened Greatly)

I'm sitting in a chair suspended in space.
I secure my arms and legs with wide leather straps and big buckles.
I telepathically flip a large lever.
Electrical current goes through me just like being electrocuted.
My body violently thrashes about.
As the current increases, the straps blow off and I curl into a fetal position.
I then compress myself to a small orb of White Light.
For a few minutes I will trob energy.
And then in an instant, the small orb bursts like an atomic bomb.
I see the aftershock waves rock the cosmos.

Like it!!! lol lol lol

Try not to rock the cosmos though eh? the minds a very powerful thing!!

Whoa the floor just moved??? Was that you???
Old 28-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by km703
So many of the visual/meditation techiques are too tranquil for my taste.

Me too KM!

I find the "atomic bomb" type approach works well when you want to shed a lot of love very quickly over a targeted area. Which has its uses.
I personally use a bomb that drops from a white aircraft, which explodes to create a god-almighty love burst.
I also use "thunderflashes" that emit a white light, although the bomb tends to pull me up out of my seat in euphoria, so I tend to use that one more!

Far too many A-Team / Star Wars episodes as a child, although if it works, who can grumble?

AM

P.S. I also use a white light "light-saber". Luke Skywalker-esque.
Very good at removing unwanted energies of the negative varierty!
Old 07-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Narayana

Truly, reading on this website is so inspiring!

I would like to offer something very simple, which can be beneficial as one approaches meditation or practices regularily. It is really nothing profound, but just, very simple.

If you put your hand into a fist and squeeze with all of your might, for as long as you possibly can, and then, gradually begin to open it, you may find that there is some pain in that opening.

Or, perhaps you are carrying a suitcase which is very heavy over a long distance, clenching the handle with great effort, and then when you put it down and begin to open your hand, there is some pain in that opening.

Just the same, if you are riding a horse and you are very tense, your muscles very clenched, it can be quite uncomfortable. Your back may become quite sore and your bottom as well. You may end up with many blisters if you are riding a long distance. Most importantly, though, it is very possible that you will bounce right off the horse! So, if you muscles are relaxed and unclenched, the ride will be much less painful and your chances of falling off will be greatly reduced. The horse will certainly appreciate it as well!

If we can think of the body and mind as a clenched fist, then we may look at the process of growth as an opening. So, really, to open, we need only relax and stop clenching. We need only stop clinging to things. When we have thought, we are clenching the mind. If you want to move your hand, you must first clench some muscles. It is the same with the brain. If you want to think, you must first clench that muscle. So, if we can stop clenching that muscle, it can open.

Each individual is like a brilliant sun covered in a thick fabric. The more we can stretch that fabric - the more open the weave can become - the more light can pass through and out into the world, for the benefit of all. Truly, while we are here, we are wearing some clothing. So really, it is a process of loosening the weave, so that the light inside may shine out. This is so beneficial.

As we learn to let go, gradually, we are cleansed. We are always accumulating surface negativity. The more surface negativity we can let go of, the more clearly we may see the deeper negativity. It is a process of letting go, deeper and deeper, cleansing each layer of the self, until the self is revealed. Then we may see that we are nothing, and being nothing, we are everything.

Namaste
Old 12-08-2006, 09:06 AM
e-ma

Yeah, Jesus, km703, that meditation was powerful to read.. I felt like I was being cattle-prodded in the head just reading it!

I need to start meditating again, or perhaps I want to start up again. When I first succeeded, all kinds of **** came out of me and I just went a bit mad, which scared me off for ages, but I think I would like to try it again.
Old 22-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Rsng5

Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narayana
As we learn to let go, gradually, we are cleansed. We are always accumulating surface negativity. The more surface negativity we can let go of, the more clearly we may see the deeper negativity. It is a process of letting go, deeper and deeper, cleansing each layer of the self, until the self is revealed. Then we may see that we are nothing, and being nothing, we are everything.

How do you let go? I have been TRYING (bad, I know) to meditate. I have been using guided meditation cds to help me visualize. I am frustrated. I can't get anywhere or feel anything, except the ocasional feeling of almost falling sleep. And to top it all up, I come out of the room craby. I try to meditate for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Sometimes I just stop at the first hour because I don't see the point...

I took up meditation about 2 months ago. I was going to meditation classes, but everything is so subjective. We all are different and therefore, whatever you do as an individual is OK.

PLEASE HELP!!
Old 25-08-2006, 06:28 AM
Narayana

Hello!!

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. One can become frustrated from the practice and then become frustrated because they are frustrated! It can become quite a cycle!

So many things are circular. So many cycles. The planet is whirling around and around, the galaxy, the moon. Sometimes our actions can reflect this. We may become angry and then become angry because we are angry. Or we may become sad, and then sad because we are sad. Around and around it goes!

Really, that is the first thing to let go of. The cycles. Maybe we can just accept that a thing is. If we become angry, it does not further to become angry about it, because it has already happened. We need not give any more energy to it. If someone says, "Oh, you are angry, what a terrible person you are.", don't feel badly about yourself. It has happened, and if you have allowed it to, it has also passed away, like a spark cast from the fire at night, which burns brilliantly for just a moment.

A great poet said, "This being human is a guest house."

We are always receiving visitors - anger, happiness, sorrow. We should treat them all as guests in our house, for we can not know what gifts they may bring. Sometimes the thing that harms us the most also brings us the most benefit. So ideally, if we can learn to think that everything serves to further, then although we may suffer, we need not allow it to consume us.

So, perhaps when you sit down to meditate, try considering that there may be some benefit from that action of sitting down to meditate, even if you did not experience what you were hoping to.

Try having the intent to, in every moment, become more loving. It is so simple. Then, after a time, you will find all things more easy to accept, because by having this intent in every moment, you are no longer a changing thing. Instead, you become change itself. If your focus is on love and you are change, there is nothing that will not serve to further.

So, I know I have said a great deal that probably sounds a lot like nothing. I will try to be more specific.

When you meditate, simply observe yourself. Which areas are tense? Is your breathing in your chest or in your stomach? Does it want to rise up to the chest? Do you feel tightness in different areas of the body when you try to relax? These are good places to begin letting go. Think of the tension as a closed fist, and simply open it, as you would your hand. It is no different. Just let go of all the tension. You will know when you are successful because the area will feel very nice and relaxed!

Let the belly be very loose. That is the most important, and often the most difficult to truly relax. Many people think they have got it and then a week later discover a whole new area of the belly which was tight. Some relax the top of the belly and forget about the bottom, then focus on the bottom and forget about the top!

Let things go in the body, as deeply as possible. The chest is also very important. We hold a lot of tension in the chest. Let it relax. There may be a sensation of drowning if you are really successful in relaxing it deeply. Many experience it. Let that go. That is you clinging to the tension. When you let it go, you will notice a profound difference.

I am speaking a lot about tension. The negative energy is held within the tense area. When you release the tension, you release the negative energy. Then new energy can flow in and through. This is a process of purification.

So that deals with the body. There is a lot to work on in the body. A lot to learn.

But also consider the brain. It is the most complex muscle. Even just the smallest thought causes some tension in the brain. So it is best to have a simple approach. Just relax the brain. Observe it for a while, not as the thoughts and images, but as a muscle.

Observe how it feels as a muscle, rather than as a series of thoughts and feelings. Just focus on the physical tissue. Let that relax. Feel it as a muscle, relaxing. This is possible. Let the muscle relax. There will be a sensation of expansion. This is like a fist unclenching. As soon as you think about that, it will tighten up again! So just be very focused on relaxing the muscle. This is not really very much thought, because relaxation of muscles is something the brain is so well practiced at. You don't have to think very hard to open your hand! It is the same with this. So with the brain, you only need to start thinking of it as a muscle, and then you can allow that efficient part of the brain to do the work of relaxing it with minimal thought.

Things will come up. Old emotions. You may begin dreaming about past events which you never got over. Perhaps in the dream, however, you will resolve the situation. Forgive this person or that person, or forgive yourself. Sometimes emotions will come up strongly, and you may experience them as such. You might wonder where it came from. Just let it be. It is happening for a moment, and then it will pass away, like the sparks. Just let it pass away. Don't cling to it by becoming involved in it. So when you become angry because you are angry, you are clinging to the anger rather than letting go. If you cling to it, you feed it, and then it may consume you!

So let go of the negative energy. As you do this, more energy will move through you, because you are not clenching so tightly with your mind and body. The more energy that moves through you, the more purification will take place. Let there be a stream moving through you, cleaning the dirt off of stones that fall in and smoothing out the rough edges of those that are already within it.

Well, I certainly hope that in all of this, somewhere, you will find something useful! There certainly is a lot to sift through! Good luck!

I hope that your meditations can be more pleasant and I hope that you can find some peace!

Namaste

Last edited by Narayana : 25-08-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 25-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Master
Hi Rsng5,
just a short note, you will get several methods of meditation offered by the kind and knowledgeable people on this site, the one above by narayana is beautiful I`m sure others will be proffered, Pick one and stick with it for several weeks, don`t try and take this from one and that from another. FOLLOW ONE WAY ABSOLUTELY.
Its a bit like cooking, two different recipes with seperate ingredients both produce a wonderful dish. But just because one ingredient in one recipee seems nice doesn`t mean it will work well in the other dish. Gravy on duck a` l`orange is gorgeous (sorry to the veggies its just an illustration) but put that gravy on a strawberry pavlova and the end result is harsh!!
One way the ego breaks down effective meditation techniques is by getting the meditator to mix and match. Unless your under instruction from someone who knows what they are doing refrain from this. (You probably arent mixng and matching , but just in case!)

Last edited by peteyzen : 25-08-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 25-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Rsng5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi Rsng5,
just a short note, you will get several methods of meditation offered by the kind and knowledgeable people on this site, the one above by narayana is beautiful I`m sure others will be proffered, Pick one and stick with it for several weeks, don`t try and take this from one and that from another. FOLLOW ONE WAY ABSOLUTELY.
Its a bit like cooking, two different recipes with seperate ingredients both produce a wonderful dish. But just because one ingredient in one recipee seems nice doesn`t mean it will work well in the other dish. Gravy on duck a` l`orange is gorgeous (sorry to the veggies its just an illustration) but put that gravy on a strawberry pavlova and the end result is harsh!!
One way the ego breaks down effective meditation techniques is by getting the meditator to mix and match. Unless your under instruction from someone who knows what they are doing refrain from this. (You probably arent mixng and matching , but just in case!)

Hello peteyzen,
You are right on. I have been mixing techniques within the same session. No wonder! A good example of what I am doing: I start with a guided meditation to find my spiritual guides (20 min.), then I continue with the meditation on Twin Hearts (Master Choa Kok Sui - 20 min) and finish with chakra meditation (about 25 min.)... A little schizophrenic. And, of course, I get nowhere.

Blessings
Closed Thread