Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Administrator
" The Wisdom of the World is folly with God "

“The wisdom of the World is folly with God”
This is from the Bible.

What is the wisdom of the World ?

As the human animal we be man, we have a complex brain that brings on thinking, to at times an event that might well be thought to be good or bad. We often seek to understand things but fail to isolate them. It is so easy for our thoughts to wonder and become at times an illusion.

We seem to have this idea with us that we must define things as good and as bad, but is there such a true wisdom to that ? We wonder into that place of WHY and MAYBE. Two works that take us off that path of wisdom at times.

I find that when one asks “why” often they truly do not want to know that from whom they ask, but know that maybe if they hear it they might well learn some wisdom.

When one looks to the meaning of “folly” we might find it to mean to have no purpose other than to be an ornament. Will look to have a purpose to it but truly serves in none. Not necessary to the over all state of being.

If one is to look to the meaning of God there would be no wisdom to be learned there its already there. So if we are to think on the lines that we are extensions of God then do we not already hold in us all that wisdom there is. We just come forth with a path of learning of it. Not in good or bad, but in acceptance its all there.

If I was to answer what is the wisdom of the World I would have to say for man to finally see wisdom we must first learn to embrace that were walk on many a different path in life but we too are all the human animal being man. We have to learn that the World around us too has a Soul even if we do not see it as living.

Lynn
Old 04-01-2011, 04:20 AM
Greenslade

Buying a stranger an ice cream with chocolate sprinkles is a wise thing to do because you'll endear yourself to them. With a bit of luck, as she's enjoying the ice cream she'll relax a little more and you'll get a more favourable outcome when you ask her to the dance on Saturday night. That's the wisdom of the world. The wisdom not of this world is seeing behind the mask, and seeing behind the mask means you see two Souls who have shared a few Lifetimes together, meeting again for the first time.
Old 23-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I find that when one asks “why” often they truly do not want to know that from whom they ask, but know that maybe if they hear it they might well learn some wisdom.
Hi Lynn,
What you wrote here ^ reminded me of how at times, I've sought guidance from different people, when really what I needed was to go within for inspiration.
Also, spiritual (or Godly) wisdom isn't about intellectual knoweldge, as much as a higher vibration - LOVE.
Old 24-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Hi Lynn,
What you wrote here ^ reminded me of how at times, I've sought guidance from different people, when really what I needed was to go within for inspiration.
Also, spiritual (or Godly) wisdom isn't about intellectual knoweldge, as much as a higher vibration - LOVE.

Hello

That is the greatest of fear's we well might have, that going inwards. To trust in self for the reply we need.

I will honestly way it took me some 40 year's to trust in self. I am 48 and I have just in the last few year's learned to really TRUST me. Now its not self confidence or lack of self respect or self worht. That part of me was well in acceptance. What is was for me was trust in giving out from me. I would often have with me the messages somesone needed. Or a Spirit that went to them would come to me and go "tell them I am here" and I so fought with that, in that OMG I might not get it right or I might upset them. Not seeing that I could empathically FEEL that they would be ready for the message.

To put trust in other's for answers is not always the best laid plans as what is good advice for one is not good advice for another. I have come to find its better to put things out there for reply and listen on the inner level to what fits ye.

To me “Inner Spirit’ defines more one’s journey as one looks inwards . Going inside to find deeper meanings of truth ( for lack of a better word), finding one’s steps to Enlightenment.

When I think on “Higher Self” I go more to a collective consciousness and unconsciousness. It is again a journey but more one I feel one does not so take alone. It is finding in that meaning of why we might well be here. It is finding that worth one has to offer things to the World on lives.

Spiritual wisom might well be on the Soul level of learning . Be it God to some or like me Universal Light it seem to well flow in from a higer vibrational level as at times we know not really why we need to know it or even why at times we do know it.

I had that today in Church we had a Channel Medium there today at the end she gave messages to one's . I so am not big on wanting a message but I got one LOL> told me at times I am way to hard on ME and that I know of so much but I lack in the time to get it all out there. ( Being a wife and Mom ) that makes sense. The being hard on me I get that but its not in a negative way, more in a self protection way. Haveing in life travelled down a very dark path I so do no want that part of me to come forth again. So yes I am hard on me. To keep in that balance.

Too she told me I was on a path of learning as a healer and I would be truyly amazing at it as I have done that for so many year's already just never seen it as that work. I am takeing next Month Level 2 Reiki. Me instructor was there she got goosebumbs with that message and started to weep. VERY moving the enegy that too is really inner knowlege we have.

Lynn
Old 24-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Master
the wisdom of the world is science, mathematics. all reliant on logic.

therefore, the wisdom of the world depends on thinking.

this is the folly when one is seeking god. no amount of thinking can bring one there.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Blaze

Quote:
This is from the Bible.

As the human animal we be man, we have a complex brain that brings on thinking, to at times an event that might well be thought to be good or bad. We often seek to understand things but fail to isolate them. It is so easy for our thoughts to wonder and become at times an illusion.

We seem to have this idea with us that we must define things as good and as bad, but is there such a true wisdom to that ? We wonder into that place of WHY and MAYBE. Two works that take us off that path of wisdom at times.

When one looks to the meaning of “folly” we might find it to mean to have no purpose other than to be an ornament. Will look to have a purpose to it but truly serves in none. Not necessary to the over all state of being.

If one is to look to the meaning of God there would be no wisdom to be learned there its already there. So if we are to think on the lines that we are extensions of God then do we not already hold in us all that wisdom there is. We just come forth with a path of learning of it. Not in good or bad, but in acceptance its all there.

If I was to answer what is the wisdom of the World I would have to say for man to finally see wisdom we must first learn to embrace that were walk on many a different path in life but we too are all the human animal being man. We have to learn that the World around us too has a Soul even if we do not see it as living.

Lynn

It's an interesting subject Lynn. What I get from that line which ain't in contrast with my understanding of the life wither is that, no matter what wisdom you obtain in life it's still far from what God possess. You got to think for a moment that earth is a very tiny part of the whole universe. The earth residents try to explain everything about the whole universe base on what they make up of the formulas that they've invented in sucha tiny planet, which also has very limited boundary of survival compare to what you can imagine in a virtual domain.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:16 PM
thewordofgod

Quote:
This is from the Bible.

Lynn

Everything you see in on this earth came by the wisdom of the world. The world are the sinners who populate the earth.