Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Master
A Free Mother

How does the concept of a 'free mother' strike you? Either your physical mother or your spiritual mother. In many ways the notion of a free mother is a contradiction in terms......

Because I semi worship the divine feminine, and because I believe in freedom and selflessness this idea really appeals to me. It has only just dawned on me; but I shall certainly give it a lot more deliberation.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2014, 05:02 AM
Master

Actually, I'm not sure what you mean - what is a 'free mother' - free in what way?

I thought all mothers were free - maybe I'm naive, lol. I'm a mother and I'm free to do as I wish, although I'd be a lot more free to do more things if I had more money, lol.
Old 14-10-2014, 05:39 AM
Deactivated Account
Mother cannot be without father, their the same, without one or the other there is no balance.
Old 14-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Master
Have you shared with candyfloss?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 14-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Actually, I'm not sure what you mean - what is a 'free mother' - free in what way?

I thought all mothers were free - maybe I'm naive, lol. I'm a mother and I'm free to do as I wish, although I'd be a lot more free to do more things if I had more money, lol.

But Mothers have obligations and commitments. Once you have children your freedom diminishes sharply; no?

Old 14-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
Mother cannot be without father, their the same, without one or the other there is no balance.

Free Mother or Free Father......the principle is the same. But I suspect that in family life the Mother has greater significance.

Old 14-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver

No, I don't believe they are the same and these days you can have one without the other - mother can be without father. A female doesn't even need to be in a relationship to become a mother - a female can have donor insemination. However, I think it is nice if a child can grow up with both parents in a happy family unit.

Honza said that mothers have obligations and commitments - so do fathers - actually most people have obligations and commitments do they not?
Old 15-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Master
Having no children I was freer to do a lot of things where my peers with children had a lot more responsibilities
Old 15-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Master
The question was less about *being* a free mother, and more about *having* a free mother. Can you let your mother go free? Is your spiritual mother free?

Old 15-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Master

I guess there is a bit of the 'spiritual mother' in everyone. And the way to set her 'free', is through caring about all people and all creatures, in recognition that we are all One.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com