Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 23-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Does this kind of thing exist?

Hi,

I always was interested in finding a way to use energy. When I was younger I tried to understand if it exists, and now I’m in a place where I’m convinced it indeed exists (justly or not – it’s another story) but unable to use it the way I would like to. I would like to be able to use it in combat, and to have my body strengthened with it.

I’ve been practicing Chi kung for a while now (if anyone is familiar with the book “the way of energy” then I’m in doing the standing exercises for more than half a year) and it has healed my body in many ways but it has not made me stronger and I don’t think that it ever will in a way I want. There is a story that someone once told me and it represents exactly where I want to be. This guy told me of what his friend encountered:

The friend encountered a few people sitting on the floor and he was told they’re practicing. He mocked them and proclaimed that he can beat them easily. One of them accepted the challenge and stood up to fight him. They stood one in front of each other and then the other man pushed his hand forward, he never touched him but the other guy flew backwards and he later said that he felt as if a truck hit him.

This is how I would like to learn to use energy. Anyone knows if this kind of martial art exists?
Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old 24-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Ivy

Learning a martial art form, is a journey of understanding where you are at the moment.

While you are desiring to be a stronger person then you aren't in the moment, your mind is somewhere else.

The friend in your story had his mind in some other place, whereas the man sitting on the floor was where he was in that still moment, and adapted with ease to meet the next moment.
Old 27-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Sorry, but I didn’t understand what you wrote. And if it’s an answer to what I asked or simply a statement.
Old 27-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Master
Hi black cat i used to do karate many years ago, then later tried a few sessions of chi gong, when practising the energy the master stood in front of me and explained what to do, i was amazed to see him jump back, if im not mistaken it is all do with chi our energy.
Keep perservaring or try a few classes of chi gong ;)
I hope this helps
Love GA x
Old 27-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat
Sorry, but I didn’t understand what you wrote. And if it’s an answer to what I asked or simply a statement.

it is all to do with chi, and yes, apparently there are those who have that control over their chi energy.

The point I was trying to make though, is that unlike building muscles by giving yourself a target and working out hard in order to reach it, tai chi and chi gong is more about letting go of thoughts about where you want to be next week or next year, and connecting to where you are now. In this way, to set out with a goal to be able to do something specific, is probably more of a hinderance than a help. At least that is what I've learned (though I am no master).
Old 28-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Angel
Hi black cat i used to do karate many years ago, then later tried a few sessions of chi gong, when practising the energy the master stood in front of me and explained what to do, i was amazed to see him jump back, if im not mistaken it is all do with chi our energy.
Keep perservaring or try a few classes of chi gong ;)
I hope this helps
Love GA x

Thank you for the answer.
I would like to hear your opinion on something: from what I understand chi gong is a very popular practice, if it was possible to do such things without touching a person wouldn't it have been publicized to the public already? I mean, from the millions of people who practice it there are bound to be a few hundreds who would want to 'show off'.

Another question: how physically demanding is the practice? Is this like normal exercises? Because in chi kung even after a practice of more than half a year I don't feel my muscles become stronger at all.
Old 28-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadows
it is all to do with chi, and yes, apparently there are those who have that control over their chi energy.

The point I was trying to make though, is that unlike building muscles by giving yourself a target and working out hard in order to reach it, tai chi and chi gong is more about letting go of thoughts about where you want to be next week or next year, and connecting to where you are now. In this way, to set out with a goal to be able to do something specific, is probably more of a hinderance than a help. At least that is what I've learned (though I am no master).

I know what you mean. The exercises I do right are exactly the same. About letting go of thoughts. The problem is that I don't know if it will ever get me to the point of being able to control my chi, or if it's supposed to. And by now I didn't get physically stronger at all. It's kind of frustrating because I feel that I might have accomplished more if I was practicing in the gym.
Old 28-05-2014, 04:29 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy

Agreed...it is all about being present in the here and now--so that you can draw upon and project your Chi (or Life Force).

I have even heard of Buddhist Masters that can breath Chi back into Plants that are severely neglected--even to the point of apparent no return.

The practice of Tai Chi is what caused an incredible heat to start building in my hands--which is what lead me to study Reiki.

Tai Chi and Qi Gong are the practices that can help you to develop the skills for which you are searching--BlackCat. However--it takes discipline and dedication and is not something that is achieved over-night.

You have to pay your dues and earn it and that is why--not just anyone and everyone can do it.
Old 28-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Agreed...it is all about being present in the here and now--so that you can draw upon and project your Chi (or Life Force).

I have even heard of Buddhist Masters that can breath Chi back into Plants that are severely neglected--even to the point of apparent no return.

The practice of Tai Chi is what caused an incredible heat to start building in my hands--which is what lead me to study Reiki.

Tai Chi and Qi Gong are the practices that can help you to develop the skills for which you are searching--BlackCat. However--it takes discipline and dedication and is not something that is achieved over-night.

You have to pay your dues and earn it and that is why--not just anyone and everyone can do it.

Like I said to the commenter above: what you mentioned is exactly what I’m practicing right now. But I have been doing it over half a year and I don’t feel that I’m learning to use chi and I don’t feel that I become stronger physically.
Old 29-05-2014, 02:00 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat
Like I said to the commenter above: what you mentioned is exactly what I’m practicing right now. But I have been doing it over half a year and I don’t feel that I’m learning to use chi and I don’t feel that I become stronger physically.

It is not about becoming physically strong--it is about learning to project your life force. Qi Gong and Tai Chi are two different disciplines.

Six months is not much time--when you consider that The Shaolin Monks dedicate their entire lives to Mastering these disciplines--which ultimately lead to their Mastery of Kung Fu.

You need to study the history of what you are attempting to do and understand that these practices are basically for balancing the aggressive masculine and passive feminine forces within us.

It is about self-mastery.

Perhaps it would be better for you to enroll in a Martial Arts Class--so that you have a Leader to properly guide you.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra