Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Space_Man

Has the concept of what folks (especially those from a Christian background) understand
Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Poppies

Re:

[quote=Space_Man]

Has the concept of what folks (especially those from a Christian background) understand
Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM
DASA

Think about it...

How could an All-Loving Supreme Person throw us into Eternal damnation or Eternal Heaven after one rather confusing life on this Earth?

What about People who leave their body at a young age? What about Animals and plants? Where are all these souls coming from? Are we just 'created' from nothing?

Hell is a place on Earth and Heaven is when you take the love of God (Krishna) into your heart.

All you need is LOVE

Hare Krishna !!

Das
Old 11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Elen0Sila

That is a fascinating article, Space Man. The confusion that ensues from mistranslation ... :shock:

When I hear people talk about a God who condemns people to eternal suffering if they don't feed the narcissism of His son by placing their faith in him; who saves people if they appeal to His vanity, whether or not they have lead good lives; and who set up a system of eternal punishment that could only be transcended by His son suffering on a cross ... then I have to wonder what these people think Satanism could possibly offer. They're basically worshipping The Great Sadist. :?

I know this post could offend some people, and I appologize if it does. I know that many Christians do not see God in this light, and even those who do, believe Him to be a God of Love. But for a non-believer who hears some sermons and reads some texts ... this is the way it translates (in my mind).
Old 12-01-2006, 12:01 AM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
How about you share your thoughts!
You know, to be honest
Old 12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
DASA

Jesus after the Crucifixion

"TO EVERYONE: How do we now reconcile the story of Jesus descending into hell after his death on the cross
Old 12-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Elen0Sila

I'm with DASA on the question of Jesus descending to Hell ... never heard of that. :o I should really read the entire New Testament in order to participate more fully in these discussions.

Quote:
the whole concept of hell has long muddied his teachings

I can well believe that. Because as long as believers believe that only belief in Christ can save people from eternal suffering, they will feel compelled to lecture, upbraid, and convert (and in the process sometimes kill, torture, and imprison) as many people as possible, instead of letting the beauty that their faith lends to their lives speak for Christ.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
I'm not really an expert on Christianity, but have never heard that one before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elen0Sila
I'm with DASA on the question of Jesus descending to Hell ... never heard of that.
The Apostles' Creed reads:
[quote]"I believe in God
Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Poppies

[quote=Space_Man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
How about you share your thoughts!
You know, to be honest
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Space_Man

I wanted to quickly toss this into the mix, as well. This was apparently written by the recently-deceased Pope John Paul the 2nd. Although it still does little to address the nature of hell, it offers some startling information about who ends up going there and why:

[quote]It is not a punishment imposed [lit. inflitto dall'esterno
Closed Thread