Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 27-05-2018, 12:55 AM
Master
Can this item be used properly for Scrying?

Hello all,

I have recently come across a small purple glass buoy- this small buoy is very modern, man made, not an antique or old buoy from an old ship, or any ship.

I am wondering if this such item despite not being very old, can be used for scrying?

It is an old myth that sea witches would use such glass buoys washed ashore from ships for scrying purposes.

Whether this is actually true or legend, I am very interested in knowing if this type of glass item can be used in the way of scrying, and I am also wondering please if anyone has any possible tips on how to scry in this way, by simply looking into glass, think of old glass ball type scrying techniques.

Here is an image of the type of item in which I speak:

That is what I mean. If this type of scrying is possible, and any recommendations, or suggestions on how to begin to try and do this?

Thank you for reading.

And any help.

Blessings,

Kind regards.
Old 27-05-2018, 01:13 AM
Administrator
Hello

I would make sure that you clear any energy from it first, saying a blessing over it. Then ask for permissions to use it spiritually. You can simply hold it and see how it feels when asking.

Its very nice, age in this case does not matter. You found it for a reason it seems.

Lynn
Old 27-05-2018, 01:29 AM
Master
Any reflective surface could be used for scrying. Whether it's a bowl of water/oil, marbles, or crystals, modified mirrors. Colored glass may even make it easier to scry with than clear.

Since you have acquired this from someplace, saging and cleansing it would be a must. Clearing out any prior energies that were used for this item in the past. Like Lynn said it would not hurt to ask it its permission to do so. I would also set ones intention of making this a scrying item, and keep that as it's specific and only purpose. Don't go using this for other uses. Don't mix energies like that.

Tips for scrying with it, once all that is done. Would be, to really get into your normal routing for relaxing. Dim down your lights, and perhaps get a soft light to give you some ambience. And then just gaze at it. It may help to gaze indirectly at it. You could also put a candle behind it, and allow it to light it up that way, and see if anything comes through that way.
Old 27-05-2018, 03:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Posted by Lynn

Hello

I would make sure that you clear any energy from it first, saying a blessing over it. Then ask for permissions to use it spiritually. You can simply hold it and see how it feels when asking.

Clearing and blessing, seems like a wonderful idea, I do know that it does have some personal history behind it, not all of it good. Blessing and clearing energy seems a perfect thing to utilize with this item. Perhaps a ritual devoted to that. With its personal history, I do wonder how strong of a blessing will be needed. I don't know too much about it, but do know its past isn't all light either. Nothing grizzly, but regardless. Asking permission too seems right. Of course any item one uses with divination, spell, ritual, or in any spiritual practice really, healing etc, I feel it is a good thing to feel out if the item will work with you. Thank you for the suggestions. I've written them down, and will think of a way to bless and clear energy.

Its very nice, age in this case does not matter. You found it for a reason it seems.

Thank you. I realize age probably does not matter in such things, and yes it does not come directly from a ship of any kind, probably factory made, but I still do have that nostalgia for things past, with great history. Thank you again for your suggestions.

Lynn

Quote:
Posted by innerlight

Any reflective surface could be used for scrying. Whether it's a bowl of water/oil, marbles, or crystals, modified mirrors. Colored glass may even make it easier to scry with than clear.

Since you have acquired this from someplace, saging and cleansing it would be a must. Clearing out any prior energies that were used for this item in the past. Like Lynn said it would not hurt to ask it its permission to do so. I would also set ones intention of making this a scrying item, and keep that as it's specific and only purpose. Don't go using this for other uses. Don't mix energies like that.

Tips for scrying with it, once all that is done. Would be, to really get into your normal routing for relaxing. Dim down your lights, and perhaps get a soft light to give you some ambience. And then just gaze at it. It may help to gaze indirectly at it. You could also put a candle behind it, and allow it to light it up that way, and see if anything comes through that way.

You say to set intention for it to be a scrying item. May I ask the how of one goes about setting intention? I practice a form of self taught witchcraft so I am not new exactly to the idea of setting one's intention, but my ways of doing this may be quite different than yours, can you share how you normally would set an intention for something? I do not mean to bug. I am merely wondering if my way is actually setting intention for something or if what I do is considered something else. With certain items I use I tend to visualize energy- often pure white, other times colored, entering into the item, with focus on what I intend to achieve. Would this properly set my intention, or is what I am doing something different than that?

Thank you for the tips for scrying, I've written this down as well to have on me close when I am ready to begin trying to scry for the setting up of the atmosphere and practice.

You said I could use a candle behind it for more lighting, would setting near to a Himalayan salt lamp achieve a similar effect to a candle do you think?

Again thank you both very much for your help and suggestions. I will be taken them into consideration, and have them written to refer to incase needed.

Blessings and well being to you both.

Old 27-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
You say to set intention for it to be a scrying item. May I ask the how of one goes about setting intention? I practice a form of self taught witchcraft so I am not new exactly to the idea of setting one's intention, but my ways of doing this may be quite different than yours, can you share how you normally would set an intention for something? I do not mean to bug. I am merely wondering if my way is actually setting intention for something or if what I do is considered something else. With certain items I use I tend to visualize energy- often pure white, other times colored, entering into the item, with focus on what I intend to achieve. Would this properly set my intention, or is what I am doing something different than that?

Thank you for the tips for scrying, I've written this down as well to have on me close when I am ready to begin trying to scry for the setting up of the atmosphere and practice.

You said I could use a candle behind it for more lighting, would setting near to a Himalayan salt lamp achieve a similar effect to a candle do you think?

Again thank you both very much for your help and suggestions. I will be taken them into consideration, and have them written to refer to incase needed.

Blessings and well being to you both.

Yes, setting your desired outcome that you wish to achieve is setting your intention. For instance, if you have a rose quartz crystal, and you want to bring in new love into your life. You would set the intention of bringing in new love, into the crystal. How you place it into the crystal, such as using white light and filling it, with your intention, is up to you. The more personal you make it, the more strength you will put into it. In this world, as you know, it's all about your intention and energy to manifest what you wish you achieve in life.

If you are making this a divination tool, I would of course, keep that as the only intention you use this for. You wouldn't want to be mixing divination with other things. After all, divination is basically a portal to communication with the world of spirit. Taking that, and then going, well know, I want to use it differently, would mix up those energies that you used as a portal. And the portal may still exist.

A salt lamp may also work. One should experiment with lighting, and ambience, to help them achieve what they are looking for. Some people are able to use the lighting, and shadows from the lighting, to help them with their scrying and seeing. For others, they may find it distracting. Again, all experimentation to find what works best for you.