Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 18-09-2018, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Meditation does not automatically bring peace of mind, but it does make us aware of all the dross we carry around with us. It may be that your meditation is bringing these memories to the surface for you to release so you can become free of them. When we release these memories we feel freer and lighter.

Excellent insight and advice.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
So the right way is to label the thought by noting teqnique as described in headspace. Like thinking—>unpleasant —>anxiety.
Yes
Quote:
You say that if i do that regularly then over time these negative thoughts will stop emanating.
Yes, and a lot of other useless thoughts will stop too.
Quote:
How long do you think it will take?
They should start to subside after 10 or so sessions. However, since you seem to have a constant flood of them, it may take time before you can notice. On the order of 1000 noticings there should be a noticeable reduction in such thoughts. Depending on how dedicated and focused you are this might take a couple of weeks or a couple of month.
Quote:
Also i realised that i well inside (sometimes neck deep) in the thought before i note. I sometimes start rubbing my fingers in anger when i realise.
Good catch
Quote:
I guess i need to be constantly aware/observe in order to catch them early.
Being constantly vigilant is a exhaustive/tiring activity.
No need to be 'early', relax with this. Just label them as you notice them.
Do shorter sessions at first. Like with any meditation like thing, forcing it just creates incentive to stop doing the practice.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:59 AM
Seeker

Thankyou wstein. I suppose not just during meditation but i need to label the thoughts all throughout the day. Is that right? I am doing 20 minute sessions for now on headspace. Addiitonally i do 30 minute walking meditation occasionaly. I keep asking myself “what i am dping now” answer: walking. My anchor is inner energy field while walking.
Old 20-09-2018, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
I suppose not just during meditation but i need to label the thoughts all throughout the day. Is that right?
No 'need'. Any extras you happen to catch while not meditating are helpful towards the goal. The key, still, is to not try to do anything other than label.
Old 21-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Master
Probably if the same thought patterns repeat it may be a signal that we choose to indulge in them. Instead of suppression, try sublimation and then suspension of conscious thought... detached observation in as though we are observing ourselves.
Old 21-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Seeker

Today was a real bad day for me. I kept consuming myself negative thought throughout the day. I labeled about 20 thoughts. But many of them dragged me along and i became concious of it only when i was rubing my hands which is pretty late. In the evening i went for a walk in the park determined to be present but couldn’t keep it together even for 30 steps. After several days i rubbed my hands in the public.
Old 21-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
I feel that my own actions were responsible for the bullying i faced. I was 100% responsible. I lost my way when i was in 10th grade. Against the advise of my parents i associated with the wrong crowd. Also i used to talk a lot of rubbish. All this was the reason for the bullying. I regret.

In this whole thread, this sentence speaks volumes to me. It may be that unless you can let go of the thought that you are to blame, you will never let go of the anger, resentment, fear, feelings like you deserve it and more extreme behavior.

Allow yourself the fallibility of being human. It's what you would do for us so turn that inward and do the same for yourself and forgive what you think needs forgiving.

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Old 22-09-2018, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Today was a real bad day for me. I kept consuming myself negative thought throughout the day. I labeled about 20 thoughts. But many of them dragged me along and i became concious of it only when i was rubing my hands which is pretty late. In the evening i went for a walk in the park determined to be present but couldn’t keep it together even for 30 steps. After several days i rubbed my hands in the public.
It still a start.

It does not matter when you notice the thought, only that you do (and label it).
Old 22-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Master
Try Ho’oponopono, the Hawaiian prayer of forgiveness and letting go...bringing about closure