Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-10-2018, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Even with past lives, this life will show you where it all installed to activate it again.
It seems as if all our energy patterns lie in ambush, in readiness to be activated by circumstances.

But not all conscious or subconscious (past) energy patterns inherited or gained by nurture are negative or to be gotten rid of.
Imo. and experience traditional indigenous way is very much being open to energy body awareness and listening to the body wisdom without the conceptualization overlay. Over-the-top conceptual overlay is the (‘mental hospital’) funny part/stuff to notice and heartily laugh at, whereas the conceptual mind in turn seems to see this “generating conceptual cognition” as a proof of a high IQ.

And our modern Western mode imo. is more about that mental conceptual overlay, ‘the white wall’ or the ‘mask’ than interoception: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interoception

So these 2 realities (usually subconsciously) inherited or created by nurture are very different, at odds and sometimes difficult to juggle and understand what one is dealing with.
Scary too when with conceptual (map/script) overlay there is no openness anymore to “what is” and when there is a disconnection “between the body’s signals and the brain’s interpretation and prediction of those signals” happening …..

But thankfully there is a way to bridge the gap by understanding what both are about and experiencing both modes.

Right now I am looking at two ways of practicing a way from conceptualization to direct experience:

Chögyam Trungpa Vajrayana/Tantra lineage:
Norman Elizondo on the Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness, 2017 WMI:
https://vimeo.com/294416792

And ………………
Amrit Yoga – Tantric Hindu one about Regurgitating the Past:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISncWZnMSZg

Both are similar practices and talk about a similar thing, though with a bit different kind of interpretation or spin on it.

And the key really is relaxation, I personally prefer Yoga Nidra, but Reggie is on point imo.:
https://vimeo.com/205296551

Last edited by sentient : 20-10-2018 at 06:45 AM.
Old 20-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
It seems as if all our energy patterns lie in ambush, in readiness to be activated by circumstances.

But not all conscious or subconscious (past) energy patterns inherited or gained by nurture are negative or to be gotten rid of.
Imo. and experience traditional indigenous way is very much being open to energy body awareness and listening to the body wisdom without the conceptualization overlay. Over-the-top conceptual overlay is the (‘mental hospital’) funny part/stuff to notice and heartily laugh at, whereas the conceptual mind in turn seems to see this “generating conceptual cognition” as a proof of a high IQ.

True this could work fine for some. I personally like pulling out the entire root system that sprouts in every which way. But this is my way. I prefer to clear out everything more aware of its composition. (supports my awareness deeper in what lays in there connected) Others perhaps not. As an example one young woman crying her way through three years of release, just wants to be happy. She is yet to experience the underlay of joy and happiness that is always present as I know. The seriousness of her own pain and suffering is still holding a greater balance in her to know differently. No matter how much she knows logically or intellectually what everyone aware is saying, she herself has to attain to that point within to actually shift her focus from suffering to joy.

Quote:
And our modern Western mode imo. is more about that mental conceptual overlay, ‘the white wall’ or the ‘mask’ than interoception: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interoception

Quote:
So these 2 realities (usually subconsciously) inherited or created by nurture are very different, at odds and sometimes difficult to juggle and understand what one is dealing with.
Scary too when with conceptual (map/script) overlay there is no openness anymore to “what is” and when there is a disconnection “between the body’s signals and the brain’s interpretation and prediction of those signals” happening …..

Openness is the key to allowing everything as your own process requires. It is a big factor as I see it.

Quote:
But thankfully there is a way to bridge the gap by understanding what both are about and experiencing both modes.

Right now I am looking at two ways of practicing a way from conceptualization to direct experience:

Chögyam Trungpa Vajrayana/Tantra lineage:
Norman Elizondo on the Somatic Practice of Pure Awareness, 2017 WMI:
https://vimeo.com/294416792

Quote:
And ………………
Amrit Yoga – Tantric Hindu one about Regurgitating the Past:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISncWZnMSZg

Quote:
Both are similar practices and talk about a similar thing, though with a bit different kind of interpretation or spin on it.

Quote:
And the key really is relaxation, I personally prefer Yoga Nidra, but Reggie is on point imo.:
https://vimeo.com/205296551

I will take a look when times permits.
Old 20-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Karmic patterns, subconscious energy patterns, samkaras – as in subconscious or semi-conscious habitual tendencies - all I think, speak of the same or similar things, the way we react when these patterns are triggered.
And according to Karma: “Who you are is a result of who you have been. And who you become is the result of who you are now.”

Here these samkaras or energy patterns really can get in our way of growth, keeping us going round and round on the same ‘level’ circling the same problem on and on, till we resolve them or it (one at the time) or transcend them.
Some of these energy patterns are more on the surface, some deeper in the subconscious and some can even stem from past life.

In the Buddhist narrative, reaction/volition creates a potential which is called sankhara, and that potential will manifest in experience when all the necessary conditions come together. And, as one continues to react/voltion to what manifests, more sankara/potentials are propagated, which end up manifesting, and around the kammic cycle goes.

Quote:
When it comes to early childhood energy patterns, those are very deep in the subconscious, hence difficult to change. We have to become conscious of them first.

Yes, so these long held traumas (could be called sankhara) originate in extreme reactions had at the time in the past when the person was traumatised.

Quote:
I’ve got one and I know it stems from early childhood ‘external weather conditions’ – having to deal with a family member with a Narcissistic personality disorder. Always having to walk on egg shells, and just when you think the situation is harmonious and easy and that we have got communication going – BANG! Out of the clear blue sky, totally from the ‘left field’ blind side this rage of accusations come, which do not relate to anything happening and are totally irrational high emotional dramas about something or another you have no clue about, but are accused to be responsible for, guilty of - you name it .....

Ok. now I know what the Narcissistic personality disorder is like and why they behave the way they do. They cannot help it, so you just watch the patterns go through their cycles within the vastness of space and stay detached. Besides you have forgiven them long ago, so no blame.

But as a small child – how did I deal with it?

We just do what we need to do the get through the day, and blocking the full emotion is what we have to do. It's how we survive, so it's a good thing. Later on in life after we develop a more stable mindful balance we can let it come through without being severely disturbed.

Quote:
Well, I froze and had a lot of migraine headaches to stop thinking.

But now, no matter how far I think I have gone into “The Enchanted Forest” (Spiritual Realms), at one point or another I freeze and turn back.

That's Ok. Near enough everyone has a limitation to how much they can handle, but we can improve our mindful stability to enable us to handle much more than before.

Quote:
I have got this freezing pattern, this 'deer in the headlights disorder', which I now think perhaps stems from my past life, when at times of extreme duress – I froze.

So what to do?
This has got to be cleared up without medication

Meditation is integral to clearing stored sankhara, but I mean 'meditation' in particular way, which I'm more than happy to talk about.

Quote:
Conscious intent to clear it up will probably bring external situations to trigger it, which is why we need them, to turn our patterns around on the spot of duress.

Besides, “how far down is this the rabbit hole going to go?”
Not really looking forward to it - yet looking forward to it at the same time.

Well, it's better to start with one step and keep going from there...
Old 21-10-2018, 03:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
True this could work fine for some. I personally like pulling out the entire root system that sprouts in every which way. But this is my way. I prefer to clear out everything more aware of its composition. (supports my awareness deeper in what lays in there connected) Others perhaps not.
This – “I did it myyyyy way” sounds good to me The only way to do it really.

Somebody recently said that MIND is the ‘DOING’ aspect - and BODY is the ‘BEING’ aspect.
Sounded about right to me.

I have got cousins that learned ‘doing’ as their first modus operandi to relate to the world.
I in turn learned ‘being’ (or ‘not-doing’) as my first modus operandi.
Between us - there is a gulf of perception, but I don’t impose this ‘being mode’ upon them, because you just can’t stitch the gulf up with words or concepts.

So it depends, where you are ‘coming from’, as to what you have to do. If you only know ‘doing’ then there is quite a bit to unlearn. If you ‘come from being’ (or not-knowing) background, then it is good to get some understanding what this ‘doing’ business does. Though it can become a bottomless pit really to look too much into it.

Quote:
As an example one young woman crying her way through three years of release, just wants to be happy. She is yet to experience the underlay of joy and happiness that is always present as I know. The seriousness of her own pain and suffering is still holding a greater balance in her to know differently. No matter how much she knows logically or intellectually what everyone aware is saying, she herself has to attain to that point within to actually shift her focus from suffering to joy.
Sometimes the cause of depression can be as simple as a severe zinc deficiency or hypothyroidism.
So zinc supplements might be in order and for thyroid – would bumble bee breathing help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ZBzlIwzQ0

One could also start from totally not-knowing and set up an intent to find out experimentally – what joy is?
Joy slowly grows and expands or gathers like the wind beneath ones ‘wings’.

First *sign* of coming out of depression could be a glimpse of joy expressed by a swallow sitting on a boat catching a breeze, then the light in the eyes of an excited young puppy catches your attention, the next you start to notice your own renewed enthusiasm for life and with that you also start to see the quality of brightness and lightness of auras on people who are happy and joyous. (Reality being a bit like a mirror - reflecting – 'where you are at' with it).
Unless of course one makes pain and suffering or twisted bitterness one’s ‘occupation’, because with that, one can try to manipulate/hoax people and milk attention energy from others or something like that.

Quote:
Openness is the key to allowing everything as your own process requires. It is a big factor as I see it.
Yes, absolutely! And the ability to relax your being into that openness - come what may.

Old 21-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In the Buddhist narrative, reaction/volition creates a potential which is called sankhara, and that potential will manifest in experience when all the necessary conditions come together. And, as one continues to react/voltion to what manifests, more sankara/potentials are propagated, which end up manifesting, and around the kammic cycle goes.

Yes, so these long held traumas (could be called sankhara) originate in extreme reactions had at the time in the past when the person was traumatised.

We just do what we need to do the get through the day, and blocking the full emotion is what we have to do. It's how we survive, so it's a good thing. Later on in life after we develop a more stable mindful balance we can let it come through without being severely disturbed.

That's Ok. Near enough everyone has a limitation to how much they can handle, but we can improve our mindful stability to enable us to handle much more than before.

Meditation is integral to clearing stored sankhara, but I mean 'meditation' in particular way, which I'm more than happy to talk about.

Well, it's better to start with one step and keep going from there...

Yep, that's it
Old 21-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Yep, that's it

I watched the video on somatic awareness, and that was one of the most sensible talks I've heard in a long time.

I will watch another of your links now and see what I make of it