Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Experiencer
"The gods are real" - what does this quote mean?

“The Gods are real, not as persons, but as vehicles of power. Briefly, it may be explained that the personification of a particular type of cosmic power in the form of a God or Goddess, carried out by believers and worshippers over many centuries, builds that God-form or Magical Image into a potent reality on the Inner Planes, and makes it a means by which that type of cosmic power may be contacted.”

Would anyone mind explaining this... Just a little bit confused. Is this quote trying to suggest that gods like Thor and Loki and Zeus and Hera are real? That the mere practice of worship renders every god imagined into existence?

Just trying to understand this better! Thank you for your help :)
Old 23-03-2014, 01:35 AM
Akkadian

Yes and no really.

We cant take any mythology at face value, the ancients had a sophisticated and different way of understanding the universe in their days through a particular lens. Since very little information survives as to how these so called 'pagan' religions once viewed their gods, it's not right to assume the way we understand gods right now today, were the same way they understood gods in their day..

These forces are multi-dimensional, with infinite facets. To communicate with such forces would be to induce a heightened state of conciousness to be receptive to the energy one INTENDS to interface with. This is the conceptual framework we hold up like a net within our minds to 'capture' and interface with this force or energy, to personalize it, interact with it. The force itself, is beyond anything we can grasp of it. It is NOT the actual "thought form" itself, because it is so much more beyond it.

So do gods such as Zeus , Thor, and Loki exist? Not literally within relative consciousness in our realm, however in our minds we identify these forces with such identity's to facilitate the processess of communication and processing and streaming of mental information being put forth.

So the gods dont literally exist,(in my opinion) but yet these forces or higher concious energy can assume those forms and personalitys in order to get through to us.

I know they do enjoy being venerated by humans.

-Akkadian
Old 23-03-2014, 01:36 AM
InCarna

In certain forms of spirituality and magic, they talk about thoughtforms being created by people's consciousness and taking on a life of their own. That's what this quote is talking about. It's saying, in essence, we created the gods. We came up with ideas and fed so much belief into them that they came to life and could start talking back to us. (And it's incorrect, by the way.)

It is true that certain people can create thoughtforms with limited capabilities and usually very temporary lives, quickly dying out when no longer sustained by people's consciousness. However, that is only part of the equation. There is the other part that nobody likes to think about, and that presumably whoever produced this quote likes to plug their ears and sing "la-la-la" about - and that is that the spirit world, or whatever you'd like to call it, also has that same capability. One affects the other, and the other affects the one, back and forth. What power is had on this visible, physical side is also had over us. It makes both spirits and manifest beings uncomfortable, since we (manifest and non-manifest) are uneasy bedfellows with little choice in the matter, seemingly always at some kind of unrest.

What I mean to say is, the gods exist, and they are very real - just as real as we are. To us they look both fuzzy (or even invisible) and powerful at once. To them, some (NOT ALL - just as not all spirits are powerful; don't buy into the nonsense they sell you that all people are equally special, I'm sorry but it's just not that way, on either side of the mirror) of US are in fact fuzzy and powerful. They crave the attentions of those people, and we in turn crave theirs. When they reach out to us, we feel stronger. When strong people or large numbers of people reach out to them, they feel stronger. On both sides, we try to manipulate each other into feeding into us - the gods vie for worship, and we vie for their attentions.

The truth is so much more complicated than this quote. We should never buy into the lie that the universe revolves around us; and always remember how tiny we are in the grand sense. We didn't make the gods. We're just the food they sometimes crave - just as we constantly bug them for attention.

It's all one big crazy symphony out there, and we're just a single cricket singing in the night.
Old 23-03-2014, 01:40 AM
Adept

It's saying that the gods are not objectively real, yet the power that comes from the ideas of gods is very real.
Old 23-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Akkadian

The gods are as objectively real as they are subjectively real. It depends on the frame of reference being used, and the correlation and relationship between any number of 'selves' under one's particular model for reality is. Relativity then comes into play.

-Akkadian
Old 23-03-2014, 01:50 AM
InCarna

Actually, right now (things are very cyclical - what is true right now is probably not always going to remain true)...right now, this works to the advantage of the spirit world, or the aether, or the astral, or higher dimensions, or whatever you and your respective sets of ideas and labels prefer to call it. Right now it's an uneven match in certain ways. Spirits with the ability to deceive do lots of it. "Oh hey, check it out. I'm Jesus. Er, uh, Archangel Michael. Yeah. Do what I say." - and they get whatever they want from you. Usually energy, which to them is very manifest and can be maybe compared to food or gold or something like that in our terms - or using you as a little cog in larger longterm plans to continue to produce that for them. There's a certain shortage, and there are many complicated reasons for that. Right now, spirits are doing lots and lots of pretending and misleading.

I think it's important to point out that the gods, the archangels, the aliens, all those high beings that lots of us like to worship and look up to and channel - don't exist in the way most people perceive them in their respective sets of beliefs. I don't want to say "The gods totally exist" without mentioning that, because I'm just imagining someone going "Oh sweet, that archangel I've been talking to is totally real!" when unfortunately it's just not that easy. The truth is a lot more complicated and a lot less pretty.

So yes, what people call "the gods" do exist in a very real sense, but not in the way most people perceive them, because of all the crazy deceptive stuff that goes on day-to-day.

Just felt like adding that. :P
Old 23-03-2014, 01:51 AM
Akkadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InCarna
Actually, right now (things are very cyclical - what is true right now is probably not always going to remain true)...right now, this works to the advantage of the spirit world, or the aether, or the astral, or higher dimensions, or whatever you and your respective sets of ideas and labels prefer to call it. Right now it's an uneven match in certain ways. Spirits with the ability to deceive do lots of it. "Oh hey, check it out. I'm Jesus. Er, uh, Archangel Michael. Yeah. Do what I say." - and they get whatever they want from you. Usually energy, which to them is very manifest and can be maybe compared to food or gold or something like that in our terms - or using you as a little cog in larger longterm plans to continue to produce that for them. There's a certain shortage, and there are many complicated reasons for that. Right now, spirits are doing lots and lots of pretending and misleading.

I think it's important to point out that the gods, the archangels, the aliens, all those high beings that lots of us like to worship and look up to and channel - don't exist in the way most people perceive them in their respective sets of beliefs. I don't want to say "The gods totally exist" without mentioning that, because I'm just imagining someone going "Oh sweet, that archangel I've been talking to is totally real!" when unfortunately it's just not that easy. The truth is a lot more complicated and a lot less pretty.

So yes, what people call "the gods" do exist in a very real sense, but not in the way most people perceive them, because of all the crazy deceptive stuff that goes on day-to-day.

Just felt like adding that. :P

Wholeheartedly agree my friend.