Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
I have been lying

I have been tempted by Satan to lie at this forum.

For that I'm really sorry.
Old 21-06-2018, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator
minxoto, try to forgive yourself. There will barely be one person here who has never told a lie in their life!

Remember what Jesus said "Go, and sin no more." That was like saying yes it is always possible to make a fresh start.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto

You haven't lied because of satan, you lied because you chose to. Sometimes we cannot face the truth or we invent situations in our minds and relate to these situations as being the truth. If you really believed what you posted was the truth then you didn't lie, a lie is when you deliberately say something that you know is untrue to decieve others.
You are a human being and I would imagine 99% of us have told a deliberate lie, a good thing you can do is to try and understand why you feel the need to lie then it will help you stop repeating this habit.
Be yourself, don't worry about what others think, speak the truth as you understand it to be, as long as you don't hurt others then it's ok. Forgive yourself and move on
Old 22-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Administrator
I have to agree with sky on this but Tobi brings up some good sense to

Namaste
Old 22-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Hi,
There is so much power in truth...it is freeing.
Being honest about everything is a wonderful thing;
admitting mistakes or whatever it may be.
It (truth or honsesty) overcomes shame...the core of lying.
And if you believe in a devil shame is a tool used in 'his' toolbox to keep us separate from God.

I find many people (usually not intentionally on a spiritual path) think
a 'white lie' is fine....some do it pathologically, oh boy, do they!
But, the truth is like a fresh breeze on you;
with it comes power, clarity, confidence, humility and wisdom..
along with becoming a magnet to others.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Master
minxoto,

I have enjoyed reading quite a few of your postings here in this forum, as well as some others you have visited.

I as well am very agreeable with Sky's words and advice to you.

That said, do not be too hard on yourself, we all have made mistakes.

I see something good with this thread. You have admitted you think you may have made a mistake. That takes courage, and common sense to see a mistake may have been made.

It shows the willingness and ability to work through theses things.

Something we are all here doing ourselves, here at a spiritual forum- seeking to improve ourselves, not for the approval of others, but for self respect, and honesty with ourselves.

Blessings to you minxoto, and thank you for the thoughts you have shared here with us, may you continue to share with us, with a new and fresh start.
Old 22-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Master

One has to be careful about personifying evil...….i.e. naming Satan. Perhaps it is not intended but it essentially provides an excuse for bad behavior(sin). Whenever we err(sin) we can trace almost the totality of this sin to our ego. It is self-induced.
Old 23-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Guide

Hi minxoto. I’ve only been active here for about 2 to 3 weeks so I’m not familiar with everyone here, but I just wanted to say I’ve been there.

I lied a lot before. I wanted to show off. Grew up bullied and outcasted, and I guess I just wanted some attention.

The hardest part about recovering from all that lying was finding people who won’t guilt me from admitting it. Some people act as if you haven’t emotionally “punished” about your issues enough, but many times this is what makes consistent liars to go back to lying more.

I just wanted to say I’m happy you’re honest about it, and glad you’re in a safe space for it.

Take care.
Old 23-06-2018, 01:57 PM
What a bunch of nice people here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Master
I have been lying

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto

Minxoto,

You have given yourself the gift of a perspective that only you have the power to do: You have given yourself the gift of being true to yourself.

Nothing, except for the Gift of Life that our Creator has given to each of us to choose as we we will....is more precious than what you just did: Choosing to be true to yourself.

That's a pretty good way to learn about the wonder of our Selves and especially about the Giver of such a gift as the capability to make mistakes. Through such a gift, you realize how serious our Creator is to have us freely discover the Absolute Truth about ourselves, FOR ourselves....don't you ?

Can I just say, I'm proud of you? Why?

...for reminding us with the 4 simple words in your post's title, how good it feels to release the burden of lies from one's heart.

Miss Hepburn is right about the folks in this Forum.

For that I'm really happy.

Hope this, and the reference below, helps....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...6&postcount=16
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 24-06-2018 at 04:54 AM.