Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Master

i like what the Gospel of Mary says about sin
it says sin is simply acting not in accordance with God's will, that is doesn't exist beyond that. it is created by what people choose, it doesn't exist, it is created by choices
in a sense, 'sin' is a shorthand for 'choices made out of harmony with God's will'.
it has negative effects though as God's will is good
knowing what God's will is... that is not so easy to map out completely although there's some more obvious than others, trial and error
sin is all about choices and trying to live nicely
if it's not God hates it then call it lack of love, the old saying he hates the sin but not the sinner seems helpful
I guess i mean sin is not some ritual state of uncleanness its based on choices..
Old 05-06-2018, 06:23 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i like what the Gospel of Mary says about sin
it says sin is simply acting not in accordance with God's will, that is doesn't exist beyond that. it is created by what people choose, it doesn't exist, it is created by choices
in a sense, 'sin' is a shorthand for 'choices made out of harmony with God's will'.
it has negative effects though as God's will is good
knowing what God's will is... that is not so easy to map out completely although there's some more obvious than others, trial and error
sin is all about choices and trying to live nicely
if it's not God hates it then call it lack of love, the old saying he hates the sin but not the sinner seems helpful
I guess i mean sin is not some ritual state of uncleanness its based on choices..

In thewilderness at Jesus weakest point( 40 days fasting) satan asked Jesus to do an act of worship to him, He wanted Jesus to do a sin.--sin = worship to satan.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Master
no I dont think God hates sin. I think God wants us to realize our highest potential and live the best life we can. Sins are things that impede our highest potential (in my opinion).

Everything is within Gods potential. If God didn't want sin to be here then it wouldn't be here.

God in its infinite love has decided that we deserve free will. We have all the time in the world to complete what we need to complete. If it takes us a million lifetimes then we have that much time. No matter what we do, God understands, and loves enough to be there for us through the hard times and to always give us another chance no matter how great our sins are.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:33 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sublime, hi,
If someone really wants to know seriously why Jesus died...where he is now...what he is up to...personally,
I don't think they should rely on hearsay.

It is not the common thing to do...but...go within...be still..
all the answers are there...they will be shown to the one who waits with an open heart and has no doubt...
they may not come for 5 years...so...sit and wait each day.

Like Joyce Meyer says...You can be as close to God as you want to.
It all depends on how much time you want to put into it.

Can you sit waiting in silence for 3 hours? For 6?
An hour at least each day...more when you can?
For decades setting a place for Him in your being?

Because, that's what it takes.

This Path, knowing God, is not for the faint of heart.
Reading and believing what others say or have written is easy in comparison.
The direct contact route is for me.
And with that direct contact you get to know up close He is Unimagineable Love...there is no 'hate' in Him...it is simply not possible...
I don't make this stuff up! LOL!

I don't care what a 100 versions of whatever books say, or
how many quotes someone types...

Thanks Miss Hepburn

I believe that too but i only use my mind to think that the other stuff they say about God does not make sense so i am guessing in a way and maybe my intuition is telling me that it does not make sense.

I believe God only knows love and like you say he is simply not possible to not love. Also believe that there is only love so if there is only love what is negative stuff, it is just the lack of love. The love shines like a light from God to us and like if we have problems like issues and stuff that causes to block the love and like a shadow is created and the shadow is the lack of love.

I can wait for an hour a day but if i do other meditations to heal my body and mind could i continue doing that while waiting?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
In thewilderness at Jesus weakest point( 40 days fasting) satan asked Jesus to do an act of worship to him, He wanted Jesus to do a sin.--sin = worship to satan.

I don't know on this, maybe, but worship satan comes under not doing God's will also

satan is just a fallen angel and doesn't boss Jesus around or tell God what to do. Jesus was angry at evil and wanted to strike it down and us to strike it down good is rising up to strike it down. it's good vs evil just like the kids cartoons have it, that is correct and right
Old 06-06-2018, 10:37 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
I don't know on this, maybe, but worship satan comes under not doing God's will also

satan is just a fallen angel and doesn't boss Jesus around or tell God what to do. Jesus was angry at evil and wanted to strike it down and us to strike it down good is rising up to strike it down. it's good vs evil just like the kids cartoons have it, that is correct and right

Yes but unfortunately for mortals satan is very powerful and cunning compared to mortals. He beat Gods chosen over and over-1/3 of the angels fell. (2Corinthians 11:12-15) he transforms into an angel of light. Throughout the majority of the bible and to this day-99% mislead. Satan just has to get one to do a single practice of something off the table of demons. 1Cor 10:21) and they will not be considered a child of God no matter what they do for God. Centuries ago satan put things off of that table in the worlds celebrations.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:36 AM
Newbie ;)

I attended Bible college and I've been surrounded by many Christians for most of my life. I'm soon to be 33. If I claim any Christian doctrine, it'd be Lutheran doctrine, as it literally focuses on Christ - rather than US, like "life application" / "relevant Christianity" does.

I haven't pondered this question, since beginning my journey into spirituality.

So, I'll do that, now:
Within my shaky belief in "God" (as Christians see God),
He created everything. He created Lucifer / Satan.

In this, God knows everything. Past, present, future.
So, when He created Lucifer, God knew what Lucifer would become.

It was His plan, as I see it.

Christianity teaches that God wiped everything away with the Flood.
God hated all that was and chose Noah and his family to continue on. But God knew what would happen - after that, ... right?

Does God hate sin? I think God is against sin. Scripture does say (as someone mentioned) that God does hate things - and all of the things listed are "sin."

I'm against my children doing things that are wrong.
I HATE anything that would influence my children to steer away from a good path in life.
But I know that those things do and will exist. I'm accepting of this.

I believe God must feel the same.
He's aware of what will steer us from a "righteous path."
He hates the things that would steer us away from this "righteous" Christian path.

I guess, after thinking about it, I think God hates what takes us away from Him. And sometimes those things are not sin, per se.

It could be a GOOD thing that leads us away. Something we idolize. Something we put above Him and the Christian "righteous path."

He hates what draws us away from him.

- my opinion, apparently. :P
Old 08-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Che Lazou

So, do you believe that God hates sin?

In Orthodox tradition, sin simply means separation from God. The ultimate aim of Christianity is union with God or Theosis. Hate is the absence or beginnings of love. Thus if we are separated from God, love, in a state of sin, then we are hating at some level. True love, theosis, absence of sin, may never be really possible in an open universe, but within bounds it is certainly attainable. Thank you.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Jesus never hated anyone. Jesus couldn’t sin because part of him was God,

I would like to add to this a part of all of us is God. Jesus was just more evolved and better able to develop and connect to that God part within himself than the rest of us and encouraged the rest of humanity to find the God within and do the same. That was the gist of his message to humanity.
Old 19-06-2018, 06:39 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
I would like to add to this a part of all of us is God. Jesus was just more evolved and better able to develop and connect to that God part within himself than the rest of us and encouraged the rest of humanity to find the God within and do the same. That was the gist of his message to humanity.

Jesus appointed teachers back then= apostles--they in turn taught others to teach--If not taught by the real teachefrs who have Jesus= confusion and thats what occurred-34,000 different religions claiming to be christian.
Jesus promised to appoint teachers here in these last days-He has-Matt 24:45-- otherwise this wouldnt be a truth=Daniel 12:4-- truth becomes abundant here in these last days. How? By the appointment of the real teachers who have Jesus.