Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
as the new age dawns more and more are experiencing life beyond even as they live this life . that is how we know there is life as surely as we know there are other counties. i have not been to every country but i know they are there because of what others have said. i might go to them later. just as i will later go to the afterlife.

kk

But have people really experienced life beyond? I see things that I think are signs, so I don't speak with a closed mind, but I try to apply 'logic' and in doing so, I believe that my life here is the gift that I have been given, it is the opportunity to enjoy existence, I have no right to life beyond this life, even if it truly is what I would like.

Signs that people see... people will see a butterfly and say 'oh that's a symbol of my dad', I can understand that it grants them peace but I really can't see the link, other than the one in the person's head. The butterfly becomes a symbol of the dad due to the perception of the person who sees it, it might be likewise with other signs in life. How do we know that we don't just attach significance to signs just because we want to see it?

What if the only reason that I took notice of the songs that played was that I wanted to have a sign? If I didn't want a sign, the same music would have played and I would have thought nothing of it. Does that make sense?
Old 20-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Master

the signs are just a hook. something to get you interested. then you have to do the work. many start with being a medium. some as past life research. prayer. i cannot say enough about prayer. meditation. meditation makes the link. breathing opens the next set of chakras.

signs are only a beginning. there is more, there is always more.

kk
Old 20-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
the signs are just a hook. something to get you interested. then you have to do the work. many start with being a medium. some as past life research. prayer. i cannot say enough about prayer. meditation. meditation makes the link. breathing opens the next set of chakras.

signs are only a beginning. there is more, there is always more.

kk

I think we could have a good in-depth discussion about all of this. The chat would end up being like one of those chats that you have at the end of the night after beers, where you contemplate all the issues of the World and talk gets so deep that you chat about well... life and existence etc

Meditation is to close the mind to all other avenues but to focus on one's self, right? So, you close your mind to everything and suddenly you feel at peace, that's really no shock, it's like saying that if you put your hands over your ears, compressed enough, that you won't hear a ringing phone, even I that is still ongoing. You will feel a floating sensation as you have turned your mind off to the other thoughts of the World, so the only thing that you are aware of is.. the mind, so of course it feels like you are floating, but it's not really happening.

Prayer is possible but, trust me, I've tried praying and a lot of the time the only reason that I feel anything happening is because I'm saying the words out and that's quite a big release to let the words out in to the open. Plus, and this brings back to the talk of meditation, you start focusing on a life issue and so you improve that aspect of your life.. because you're focusing on it, and you have pushed through the hardness whilst talking it out loud. Talking out loud works well to release negative energy from the body.

Now, as for people praying for others and those others magically recovering, well, we're back to the signs issue again. We don't know whether people will recover anyway, irrespective of the prayer, after all the body is a miraculous thing and just because we don't fully understand the healing processes, doesn't mean that we can apply the words 'miracle', or 'because of prayer', when the person starts to recover. That's hanging phrases on what may simply be the body's recovery process.

As I've said, I want to believe that there's more, there are times when I feel distraught in believing that the end is the end but, I'm living by what I deem to be my reality.

I have never had any experiences in which I can truly say that something has happened which could not be explained away any other way than to say that there's more than this life.
Old 21-06-2015, 12:04 AM
spiritual wanderer

There are many different ways of describing the afterlife, that's for sure. Different spiritual traditions vary so much in how they promote it, I find I can't believe anything about it. There's a theory that what we believe in is what we'll experience when we're no longer in the body. Something to think on.
Personally I'm hoping just to be a freer Self.
Old 21-06-2015, 12:20 AM
yumi14

We do live in a very weird era... its surreal to me , too.
Old 16-09-2016, 12:31 PM
Guide

It depends on the level of your spiritual growth. The heaven is different for everyone...as well as hell.