Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 22-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,112
  Morpheus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Unless Christianity has changed over the past few decades, this is not taught as the truth. Angles do not have free will. This is the point we're talking about. Do they (the church) still formally teach this, angles do not have free will. You do make a valid logical point of contention. One would expect this to represent free will but apparently is not or totally ignored. I'm totally interested in this subject to. Let's see first if it has changed then we can say how many theories are in error, not just one. Any here with formal and advanced levels of training. If it is said it is not true, then you can ask the church. We are giving information nothing more than that.

Keep in mind when you say "your", who is that but our ancestors....

In saying "your", I was referring to your reference of the spelling, "Angles".

True, regarding church. However, because humanity interprets things from the organic perspective, in the lesser reality of space and time, there is misunderstanding.
But when the modern conclusions of the scientists is included, and theoretical physicists, (as the Wachowskis had done), our perception and understanding is greatly enchanced.
Time and space is the foundation of our material reality. Which, the mathematical conclusions tell us, is illusory.

The true state, and greater reality is Spirit. Involving eternity, and the timeless.
This is about the heavenlies, from which we actually originate. From whence Jesus came to redeem and retrieve the, "lost sheep:.
__________________

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."
-C. S. Lewis

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein







Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-06-2017, 07:15 PM
Morpheus Morpheus is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 5,112
  Morpheus's Avatar
If it is true that time and space are "illusory", which are the foundation of the matetial world, then what is the true origin of humanity, and what really is birth, and death?
__________________

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."
-C. S. Lewis

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein







Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:38 AM
icebluefaerie icebluefaerie is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 74
  icebluefaerie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
To say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people'' is like saying ''bow to my superior knowledge, mortals. For I know more than you do, and I am the key to your advancement''

First of all, not everyone who believes they are an incarnated angel goes about bragging, preaching, or trying to impress others with their beliefs about who they feel they are.

What about those who feel they resonate with being an IA, but choose not to discuss it with people? Maybe they know that not everyone is open minded enough to try and understand, or may think they are stupid or selfish for believing in what they do?

For someone to say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people''is like saying "bowing to my superior knowledge" is very untrue. You are basically labeling and stereo typing them all into one box. Maybe you have had experiences like that with people who were conceited or haughty who think they are an IA? I don't know. But the truth is, it is wrong to label ALL of them this way. Can you tell what's in a person's heart based on by what they are saying alone? No.
__________________
~By choosing to be our most authentic and loving self, we leave a trail of magic everywhere we go.~
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:38 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 970
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebluefaerie
First of all, not everyone who believes they are an incarnated angel goes about bragging, preaching, or trying to impress others with their beliefs about who they feel they are.

What about those who feel they resonate with being an IA, but choose not to discuss it with people? Maybe they know that not everyone is open minded enough to try and understand, or may think they are stupid or selfish for believing in what they do?

For someone to say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people''is like saying "bowing to my superior knowledge" is very untrue. You are basically labeling and stereo typing them all into one box. Maybe you have had experiences like that with people who were conceited or haughty who think they are an IA? I don't know. But the truth is, it is wrong to label ALL of them this way. Can you tell what's in a person's heart based on by what they are saying alone? No.

Sorry if it sounded sort of rude. Since recently I don't believe in angels anymore unlike when I created this thread, so in the end from my personal view I still deem it unlikely for earth angels to exist. But you are right that there may be those who claim to be earth angels and those who keep it to themselves that have good intentions.
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Greenslade Greenslade is online now
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,872
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sorry if it sounded sort of rude. Since recently I don't believe in angels anymore unlike when I created this thread, so in the end from my personal view I still deem it unlikely for earth angels to exist. But you are right that there may be those who claim to be earth angels and those who keep it to themselves that have good intentions.
The 'el' part of angel comes from the Sumerian Enuma Elish texts, not the Bible. The root is the word 'Elohim' which means 'Shining One', a phrase that has been used throughout history - and in the Bible itself, which is why angels shine, or have always been portrayed as beings of Light. Around 450-something cultures have carried that on throughout history so angels in one form or another are deeply embedded within our psyches. Not only is the word 'angel' Sumerian in origin but the names of the names of the angels are too - Samu-EL, Rapha-EL.... etc.

Bringing that up to the modern day we are all earth angels, we've all come from those 'heavenly realms' and reincarnated. We are all beings of Light... yadda yadda.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:32 PM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 970
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I learned the word ''angel'' is Greek in origin as it descends from ''angelos'' literally meaning Messenger.

Quote:
Bringing that up to the modern day we are all earth angels, we've all come from those 'heavenly realms' and reincarnated. We are all beings of Light... yadda yadda.

Reincarnation might be real, who really knows? But I believe a better term would be just ordinary souls or spirits rather than angels and/or light beings, considering humans are certainly from my point of view NOT angelic in nature at all (and I guess I don't need to explain why I think so).
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 19-06-2017, 07:41 PM
shivatar shivatar is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,143
  shivatar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
From my perspective, angels (if they exist) are non-human beings who are not only more powerful than humans, but also more wise and their knowledge and wisdom is far beyond our comprehension. We're talking about beings that are possibly thousands of years old, and therefore, have no need to incarnate as lowly humans. What makes some people have those extroardinary claims that they are high and mighty angels in human form? Is it because they WANT to feel like their existence in this world is more meaningful and important than others? Or simply because some otherwordly being(s) told them that? As with strangers in our waking life, otherwordly entities aren't simply to be trusted, no matter how charming or persuasive they seem. I don't know if any of you have seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but in it's lore is a being called Sauron, who let's say is an evil and immensely powerful demon lord sitting on the right hand of Satan himself, is so charismatic and deceptive that he even nearly deceived the elves (who are like superly advanced and wise beings comparable with angels) into becomming his servants, and is known to tempt men with lies while appearing in a form so fair and beautiful that it's practically very hard if not impossible to see it's true nature. I know at first it sounds silly to bring a fictional character from a high fantasty story into this, but who is to say there are no entities like Sauron in our own world? Just because there were entities, angels, or even ''guides'' telling you that you are an angel in human form, does that make it automatically a fact? Sure, some may not say that they feel like they are more important than other humans and that they merely ''incarnated'' to help people instead, but that basically goes the same way... To say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people'' is like saying ''bow to my superior knowledge, mortals. For I know more than you do, and I am the key to your advancement'' which seems like an ego problem to me. By no means do I wish to offend anyone with this, but I'm only saying what I think. If there's anyone who can prove me wrong or attempt to help me comming to a better understandment about incarnated angels, be my guest. Though know it won't be easy... I am someone who is very dedicated to what I think and feel.


idk man. why does dementia exist? why does alzheimers exist?

I have no clue but it's out there.

In my OPINION there could be angels incarnated. However I've never met someone who I could say without a doubt they are so. Most of what I've experienced it's like they are toyying, they will hint and let their charisma/aura do the talking but they will never say they are anything other than human.

I have experienced people who claim to be angels, channeling angels, or an incarnated angel, and uhhh.. they all seem unwell. lol. Like there is a disease of the ego that manifests as a person seeing theirself as angelic.

In my experience they are generally people who were raised in a heavily religious household and practice a christian religion. usually Catholicism. then they have a spiritual awakening and the angelic identity usually surfaces then.
__________________
On battlefield Earth love is the most powerful weapon
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 20-06-2017, 04:34 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is online now
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,872
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I learned the word ''angel'' is Greek in origin as it descends from ''angelos'' literally meaning Messenger.
I'm not going to argue, it's certainly where the 'el' in the names of the angels came from, and Greek was often used so it's not so much of a stretch to think they borrowed it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Reincarnation might be real, who really knows? But I believe a better term would be just ordinary souls or spirits rather than angels and/or light beings, considering humans are certainly from my point of view NOT angelic in nature at all (and I guess I don't need to explain why I think so).
The term 'angelic' is from the religion of the person who uses the word, nothing more, the same as you have your own dictionary. Some people use 'angelic' because it's pretentious or holier than thou, but getting caught up in that, well it's worth letting it go because it's baggage you don't need. It's just a word and if you're letting it rattle your chops......
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 20-06-2017, 11:37 AM
SlayerOfLight SlayerOfLight is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 970
  SlayerOfLight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I'm not going to argue, it's certainly where the 'el' in the names of the angels came from, and Greek was often used so it's not so much of a stretch to think they borrowed it too

I'm not going to argue as well, I merely stated what I learned myself.

Quote:
The term 'angelic' is from the religion of the person who uses the word, nothing more, the same as you have your own dictionary. Some people use 'angelic' because it's pretentious or holier than thou, but getting caught up in that, well it's worth letting it go because it's baggage you don't need. It's just a word and if you're letting it rattle your chops......

Well each to their own then, I think the chance is greater that one day cows will be flying through the sky than that I would ever have the guts to refer to myself as angelic. Everyone can believe what they want, it's just that I personally don't ever want to associate myself and the rest of humanity with angels in any way.

Have a nice day
__________________
The dawn will never rise again for my eyes
And I will never sleep again
I've lost my hope time after time
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 20-06-2017, 03:42 PM
epoch epoch is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 11
 
I want to reply to this thread because although I have an unsteady relationship with the concept of incarnated angels, it’s a subject that has deeply affected me. This is just my own account and I can’t comment on anyone else’s personal experience or feelings, and I’m not able to say definitively that any of this isn’t the result of a mental health problem.

My beliefs have undergone a lot of upheaval over the years including an intolerable stretch of complete skepticism during which I couldn’t connect with anything spiritual and I was overcome by the lack of scientific evidence for anything intangible, and I felt utterly dead inside. That was so confusing for me because I’d had for most of my life an overpowering sense of not being human and I couldn’t explain why I felt that way, and that disconnection partly arose because I was so desperate to find a solid reason for that feeling that I exhausted books and subjects and a variety of spiritual and scientific material, and combined with a descent into heavy drug and alcohol addiction in an attempt to dull that inner wrenching, I ended up in a soulless void. Soulless because I couldn’t see how there wouldn’t be some scientific proof of the soul’s existence, and because addiction rips it out and replaces it with something unrecognisable.

When I was a teenager I experienced a massive breakdown/spiritual awakening that completely incapacitated me, during which I was relentlessly visited by entities claiming to be gods - Gaia, Isis, and Set - who would channel through me via both automatic writing and taking full control of my body, and amongst other things told me I was a god. This thoroughly confused me because it aligned with that overwhelming feeling of being inhuman, but I couldn’t understand why I was being told this and how that was truly feasible, and I would constantly ask for solid, undeniable signs. There was this sense of being torn between knowing there was truth in what they were saying yet seeing nothing tangible that would prove it, and I was bewildered because it sounded so completely arrogant and yet I felt like less than nothing. There were a lot of indicative signs but most of these had the possibility of alternative explanations, although some did stand out, such as being singled out of a crowd by an energy worker who was discussing angelic energy and being told by her I had very high angelic vibrations.

Despite constant spiritual experiences, none of this ever really matched up with the narrative of my life and my behaviour, where I have been out of control, selfish, full of rage and abusive, consumed with obsession… how I’ve repeatedly destroyed relationships and also been ostracised from social groups through little fault of my own, and often when I’ve thought that I’ve reached a place of personal growth, somehow managed to pull it all apart and reach unprecedented lows, all the while convinced that I have a soul-calling to truly help people, to the point that desire choked me with emotion. And that alongside feeling a boiling hate towards the human race, while being so in love with humanity it hurt.

Most nights I embark on intense dream and AP work, and I have immensely detailed visions that I discussed in another thread in which I was asking a question in a similar vein to this subject, wondering if it was possible for angels of some form to become trapped within perpetual incarnation as a form of punishment - ie, fallen angels, if you were to interpret the biblical account of rebel angels becoming bound on earth in that way. It was suggested that what I was seeing - forms of multidimensional technologies and the function of what seemed to be angelic frequencies within the application of this technology - might have been akashic records of alternate universes or even connected to the Annunaki, but I can’t shift the sense of it being connected to something specifically angelic. I’ve had an uncomfortable affinity with the story of Lucifer because I feel as though in my life there’s been a running theme of being demonised and treated as the scapegoat, and I’m conflicted by not wanting to sympathise with the devil but having this uneasy position of understanding him. I don’t think the biblical account is literal - it’s adapted from stories based on events that have influenced world myth - but I believe there’s a basis for those events in reality. Whether those events are spiritual or mundane in nature is up for debate, but I’ve seen and felt in exhaustive detail this scenario of entities that were originally benevolent forces with a directive to help and assist humanity, become corrupted by rebelling against divine providence, which then led to punitive measures, such as being imprisoned within the cycle of reincarnation. And I wish I could impart some of the sensation of being so rocked internally by my feelings of connection to that, like my internal organs are being squeezed by knowing that this is part of who I am, yet being entirely bewildered by it, because how the hell can that be true? A feeling doesn’t mean it’s real.

So I’m left with this uncertainty and confusion, and when I read threads like this it rattles me, because I’m returned to that sense of why the f**k do you feel any of this? I understand the position of people who think it sounds ridiculous, because there’s a large part of me that thinks the same.

But if the soul truly exists in perpetuity then I don’t think that the concept of a specific class of entities having the ability to incarnate as humans is any more unusual. One of the more solid supernatural experiences I’ve ever had was as a thirteen year old, lying in bed after the household had settled down for the night. An angry disembodied voice suddenly yelled my name directly outside my bedroom door, after which I hesitantly called out to my mum asking if she’d called me. Her response, from her bedroom on the other side of the house, was ‘no, I heard it too’. I pretty much cr*pped myself, but I have no mundane explanation for it. And I sometimes think to myself, it should be impossible for a voice to just materialise out of nothing. If that can happen then it stands to reason that all my other experiences and feelings and visions must be equally as viable.

Maybe that’s flimsy reasoning, but impossible is impossible, except when it ain’t. If one thing defies that convention, then what else can?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums