Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Greenslade Greenslade is online now
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,872
  Greenslade's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by august2803
There is so much talk of what lies beyond the physical.
Is the third eye and whats beyond the physical intuition and stuff like that or are they talking about light and different entities?
If you could go back to 'child you', at that time you think there's a man in the moon and Santa Clause. What would you tell that child of yourself and what's in your head right now?

Whatever our perceptions of the next Life are they've been 'filtered and adjusted' so that the mind can grasp them, and therefore what they seem is a long way from what they actually are. And yes, people have had experiences with the Light and talked to light beings - as have I - but I'm also aware that they appeared that way simply because my mind couldn't deal with what they really are.
__________________
"Take your legacy and understand what has gone before. Make a new tomorrow in Love, Light and Faith."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-05-2017, 05:33 PM
MicroMacro MicroMacro is offline
Knower
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 102
  MicroMacro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Why can it not come from nothing? Something from nothing is what creation is.

One can certainly make a reasonable case that 'idea' is not the primary source of all else. However, as long as you say anything comes from something else, if followed up the chain you reach a <whatever> without a source. That leaves either a <whatever> that sprang from nothing or there was never only nothing to start with.

In my view ideas are made of combinations of essences (attributes of reality). They really are not that different from potentials other than they lack the essence to enable manifestation directly. Beings are one place ideas can be manifest as the being supplies the manifestation.


I don't believe that something from nothing is what creation is. The something from nothing got there somehow. This means that the something didn't, in fact, come from nothing - the nothing had help. Cause and effect.

VI. THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.
"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law."It explains that: "Everything Happens according to Law"; that nothing ever "merely happens"; that there is no such thing as Chance... only law unseen.

What is the appeal that something came from nothing rather than there has always been something?

How did you arrive at your idea? Why did you settle on this one and disregard others?

Last edited by MicroMacro : 07-05-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Ghost_Rider_1970 Ghost_Rider_1970 is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 414
  Ghost_Rider_1970's Avatar
What lies beyond the physical? The beauty of 'nothingness'
__________________
I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Current resources:

Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Frank Kepple: Wider Reality

Astral Projection: Phasing http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/xa...hasing-primer/


Currently reading:

Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
How to reach Enlightenment: Polly Campbell
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-05-2017, 02:38 AM
wstein wstein is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,115
  wstein's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
VI. THE PRINCIPLE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT.
"Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law."It explains that: "Everything Happens according to Law"; that nothing ever "merely happens"; that there is no such thing as Chance... only law unseen.
Even as you write it (or quote it from somewhere), its a 'PRINCIPLE' not a 'law'. Even if you take it to be a law, where does this law apply? Is there any evidence that everything is bound by this law? My experience it that while cause an effect is common here (Earth plane) it does not apply completely and certainly not everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
One can certainly make a reasonable case that 'idea' is not the primary source of all else. However, as long as you say anything comes from something else, if followed up the chain you reach a <whatever> without a source. That leaves either a <whatever> that sprang from nothing or there was never only nothing to start with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
What is the appeal that something came from nothing rather than there has always been something?
There is no appeal for either one, those are the two viable possibilities. I have no preference for one over the other. I will point out that neither indicates it's cause and effect all the way back. Saying something always was does not indicate if it had a cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
Why did you settle on this one and disregard others?
I am not sure which things you think I have disregarded
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
How did you arrive at your idea?
Most of what I say comes from extensive contemplation and very extensive OBE explorations.
__________________
no sugar coating here, I tell it straight as I see it
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-05-2017, 03:20 AM
MicroMacro MicroMacro is offline
Knower
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 102
  MicroMacro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
I am not sure which things you think I have disregarded
Most of what I say comes from extensive contemplation and very extensive OBE explorations.

Disregarded ideas in favor of the conclusion you've arrived at - the truth you know.

Did you not experience shuffling ideas around - a process of elimination?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-05-2017, 07:20 AM
wstein wstein is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 2,115
  wstein's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
Disregarded ideas in favor of the conclusion you've arrived at - the truth you know.

Did you not experience shuffling ideas around - a process of elimination?
I wouldn't say that much shuffling, but I do explore lots of ideas. There are many reasons I 'kept' some ideas and discarded others. I guess the most often (not the one I use a majority of the time) is my ability to 'see' beyond the surface of things to the underlying essence. Much like intuition (which I use a lot too), this avoids exploring a lot of dead ends and keeps me from being distracted by how things appear on the surface. Another thing that comes into play is my ability to recognize and identify patterns, especially dynamic patterns. Certainly in the local parts of reality (Earth planes and similar) forms and structures are held in place by forces and energies. In the cases where I lack enough information to easily identify a pattern I can 'shuffle' the known bits (forms and forces) until they align in a reinforcing pattern. Sometimes there are multiple ways that 'work' but its pretty easy to eliminate a lot of possibilities. Being willing to stare into most anything can open vast amounts of understanding. Some examples are staring into infinity, or looking directly into the inner divine (FYI it can be daunting to do so). Doing that just 'burns' away SO much non-sense.

There are many supporting factors that open the doors to perceive that which is otherwise unnoticeable. This includes inner silence, willingness to accept a conclusion even if I don't like it or don't want it to be true, having an open mind, realizing that what I know may not be right, being willing to be wrong, utilize something I know to be wrong in order to move 'ahead'. These are more things that allow me to find better ideas than to eliminate lesser ones.

Not sure if any of this is what you are asking, if not reword the question.

And finally, just because it is impossible, does not mean it isn't that way.
__________________
no sugar coating here, I tell it straight as I see it
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums