Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Heightened awareness?

Hey!

I'm posting because I have been experiencing some very strange things during falling asleep or waking up for years now and from looking into the "symptoms" a little it can apparently have to do with spirituality and hightened awareness which makes sense to me as a quite spiritual person but I want to be sure!
I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time around two years ago after having triggered it myself out of curiosity and reading online how you can put yourself into sleep paralysis... it was much like meditation as you were supposed to lay entirely still and just breathe almost like you're already asleep. It didn't happen right away but maybe two mornings later it happened and in a very odd way... I was sleeping but awake and aware at the same time and I was having a dream!... then all of a sudden the dream stopped and I was only awake but I could not move and I started to panic. What happened next is that I would see people moving in and out of my room and after a while someone just sitting down to stare at me and I tried really hard to scream but I couldn't make a sound and I was terrified. All of a sudden it's like I actually LEAVE my body, like I can see myself laying in my bed, and then I scare myself and this brings me out of the sleep paralysis and I just sort of sit up in my bed and let out a scream (out of body experience?)
After that incident i've had less terrifying sleep paralysis that have lasted shorter periods of time and without any hallucinations as far as I can remember.
Apart from the sleep paralysis I have experienced twitchings in my body when falling asleep or waking up along with a very strong feeling of confusion almost as if i'm really drunk or something and just completely gone lol. It sometimes also feels like electricity rushing through my head and occasionally making my arm or my leg twitch and sometimes i'll fall asleep during this and dream but still be awake and aware at the same time as I am dreaming! I don't know how else to describe this (it's almost like lucid dreaming but still not) and I don't know how often it happens as i'm sure I don't always remember it but I very often wake up with a strange headache and I often feel very confused/spacy/disorientated during the day as well as very exhausted although I have been sleeping the right amount of hours and I often have aches in my arms, legs and back that cannot be explained as well. Last time this happened I BARELY remembered it, I was just thinking about a dream i'd had and all of a sudden I just remembered what had happened while I was waking up and then it made sense why I felt so strange.
I have googled around about this and many people blame it on stress or anxiety which is very likely as I have both of those things but I am also a quite spiritual person and I read that this can have to do with like I wrote earlier - hightened awareness.
If this is what it could actually be then I would really like to know more and find out if there is anything good to experiencing such a thing and how to handle it exactly.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:04 PM
Experiencer
well God sits beside each & every person & gives them dreams & lifts their soul out of their bodies, & also there are various angels that help God take care of your soul & that's why you were shown various beings coming & going, & a being sitting watching you.

So you were given the deepest most sacred secrets of life by God when you sought some kind of spiritual experience.

But you seem to have been convinced that it is all hallucination & nonsense caused by stress. So perhaps you should just forget about the spiritual path & avoid a lot of confusion. You will still find in the end that God & The Angels are right beside you & always have been. They don't want to disturb your earth life by distracting you with countless spiritual experiences.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousgirL
I have googled around about this and many people blame it on stress or anxiety which is very likely as I have both of those things but I am also a quite spiritual person and I read that this can have to do with like I wrote earlier - hightened awareness.

*chuckles at such a mundane explanation and by-pass as 'stress and anxiety' *

Just keep exploring, you don't need anyone to validate this for you. Evolution of consciousness and Heightened Consciousness are the most natural thing in the world. Don't lean on others explanations. You are the Witness, the First Hand Experiencer. Study it through experience - your own experience.
Be your own authority through repeated and repeatable experience and observation.
You Got This!

When asked by a reporter how it felt to be the smartest man alive Einstein responded "I wouldn't know, ask Tesla."

www.crystalarrays.com
Old 22-04-2017, 11:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfection
well God sits beside each & every person & gives them dreams & lifts their soul out of their bodies, & also there are various angels that help God take care of your soul & that's why you were shown various beings coming & going, & a being sitting watching you.

So you were given the deepest most sacred secrets of life by God when you sought some kind of spiritual experience.

But you seem to have been convinced that it is all hallucination & nonsense caused by stress. So perhaps you should just forget about the spiritual path & avoid a lot of confusion. You will still find in the end that God & The Angels are right beside you & always have been. They don't want to disturb your earth life by distracting you with countless spiritual experiences.

I'm not religious and i'm not interested in religion...
But I can see what you mean from a spiritual point of view and I do believe in guardian angels and the power of the Universe.
I suppose what I could be experiencing if not hallucinations are other dimensions, like maybe the people I see during sleep paralysis are really there ?
I'm very open minded and have always been so it's not impossible to me lol, but it doesn't make it less scary when you aren't sure what is going on and how to handle it. :p