Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 24-03-2016, 05:44 AM
Pathfinder
Book1 Is there a title or descriptor for a created yidam?

I have created a thoughtform of sorts through deity yoga, this isn't my first.

I created her with astounding success and speed, much faster than my first. (Even though the creation process differed)

Quote:
What is a Yidam?
In the broadest, loosest sense a Yidam is a meditational deity. The symbolic representations of the Yidam—conveyed with attributes such as poses, mudras (hand gestures) and symbolic items—help the mind focus on the needed deity.

The deity can be understood different ways. A Buddha has two main bodies, known as Dharmakaya, the truth body, and Rupakaya, the form body. The “body” means a collection of qualities that help us to understand. The Dharamakaya is the enlightened mind, the Buddha that has eliminated all defilements. The Rupakaya is a skillful means by which the Buddha can communicate with unenlightened sentient beings. Since we cannot, at this time, know the mind of the Dharmakaya, we rely initially on the Rupakaya. Personal Yidams benefit us by presenting Rupakaya’s that can benefit us now, at our current stage of practice.

Yidams allow people to overcome obstacles, obscurations and defilements. For example, a person who lacks compassion, may follow a Yidam known for compassion. A person, in advanced practice, may follow a fiercer version of the Yidam. It is best to allow your teacher to guide you on a choice of Yidam, even though some people are automatically drawn to specific Yidams naturally.
Source

I created her in the same process that a yidam would be welcomed into the person or otherwise created, of course, she is not a deity. As "deity level cute" as she is, she isn't a deity.

I am intrigued as to why the Buddhist path specifically provided such rapid and successful results. I am familiar and practiced in the creation of thoughtforms in other paradigms, none of them have been as successful as this.

A couple of days ago I was running down the stairs, I was obviously looking downwards as I did not want to fall, I saw my body as hers.

One of the major differences between my two thoughtforms is that one is part of me (the most recent) and the second is a spirit of sorts, she is her own person. (She is created more as an egregore)

So, has anyone encountered any terminology in regards to creating a new Yidam or otherwise creation of thoughtforms within Buddhism specifically?
Old 24-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpecula
I have created a thoughtform of sorts through deity yoga, this isn't my first.

I created her with astounding success and speed, much faster than my first. (Even though the creation process differed)

Sourcek

I created her in the same process that a yidam would be welcomed into the person or otherwise created, of course, she is not a deity. As "deity level cute" as she is, she isn't a deity.

I am intrigued as to why the Buddhist path specifically provided such rapid and successful results. I am familiar and practiced in the creation of thoughtforms in other paradigms, none of them have been as successful as this.

A couple of days ago I was running down the stairs, I was obviously looking downwards as I did not want to fall, I saw my body as hers.

One of the major differences between my two thoughtforms is that one is part of me (the most recent) and the second is a spirit of sorts, she is her own person. (She is created more as an egregore)

So, has anyone encountered any terminology in regards to creating a new Yidam or otherwise creation of thoughtforms within Buddhism specifically?

Imagination is a perfect title/name
Old 24-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Imagination is a perfect title/name

Imagination is part of the creation, moreso visualisation is. But it goes beyond that. Very much so.

I am also over simplifying.. I was lead to her, basically. You could say I asked a certain divine entity for certain things, and she was delivered to me. So it was less create, more.. unbox.
Old 25-03-2016, 04:32 AM
Pathfinder
Sprul-pa fits perfectly well.

Yidam being the type of sprul-pa.

Quote:
magical creation, emanation, [nirmita]; phantom; divinely emanated artisan; apparitional, magically created appearance, apparition, manifestation, incarnation, emanated, incarnated, rebirth, miraculous, emanating, emanation disciples, incarnate, incarnated, created [magical forms].

Quote:
magically apparitional, magic apparition, magically created appearance, manifestation, emanated disciples, incarnated state, phantom, rebirth, miraculous appearance, tulku, nirmanakaya.

Quote:
apparition, emanation, cause illusions, make magic, create phantoms, appear to change, transform one's self, disembodied spirit, bardo ghost, miracle worker, activate apparitions, miraculous creation, incarnate, miraculous, specification, an incarnation, emanation, miraculous emanations

Source