Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 26-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Master
When men get interested in divination...

I've mostly known women who have been into divination - Tarot, Angel Cards, pendulums, runes, and other things. I'm wondering what sorts methods guys tend to gravitate toward these days, if they take an interest? When we read about traditional and ancient cultures, women are well represented in divination - but so are men. (In anceint China, men used to heat a tortouse shell in a fire and the resulting cracks were used for signs - apparently, some scholars believe this is the origin of the I Ching hexagrams.)

Last edited by Tanemon : 26-02-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 26-02-2014, 08:19 PM
Master

I've met quite a few men who are great Tarot readers.
Old 26-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
I've mostly known women who have been into divination - Tarot, Angel Cards, pendulums, runes, and other things. I'm wondering what sorts methods guys tend to gravitate toward these days, if they take an interest? When we read about traditional and ancient cultures, women are well represented in divination - but so are men. (In anceint China, men used to heat a tortouse chell in a fire and the resulting cracks were used for signs - apparently, some scholars believe this is the origin of the I Ching hexagrams.)
From what I know, men use the same methods women do for divination. There does seem to be fewer men than women doing divination in public.

A funny thing, I have traveled extensively around the USA doing metaphysical things (includes divination). In many circles of various types and discussion groups I have heard women comment that there aren't many men doing these kinds of things. Yet, every time I hear this, I take count. Never has there been a notable imbalance towards more women (once towards men). This suggests to me there is no imbalance or that men and women do in fact attend slightly different events.
Old 28-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
I've mostly known women who have been into divination - Tarot, Angel Cards, pendulums, runes, and other things. I'm wondering what sorts methods guys tend to gravitate toward these days, if they take an interest? When we read about traditional and ancient cultures, women are well represented in divination - but so are men. (In anceint China, men used to heat a tortouse shell in a fire and the resulting cracks were used for signs - apparently, some scholars believe this is the origin of the I Ching hexagrams.)

I keep a pendulum in my wallet.

I dowse often with rods but I'm not particularly proficient with them.
Old 28-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Guide

I'm a guy — not sure if I'm average or not though? Lol

I do tarot, pendulum, aura reading, clairvoyance, claircognizance, and probably a few other clair abilities. Personally I feel I am quite infantile when it comes to my abilities though.

I would train to be a Pythian oracle. But alas, I'm not a woman :P

I'd actually love to learn augury (an ancient Roman practice) but I just have so much on my p,ate already.
Old 28-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusmaximus
I'd actually love to learn augury (an ancient Roman practice) but I just have so much on my p,ate already.

Hehehehee!!

Old 28-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

Most of the most knowledgeable tarot readers I know are men, not women.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Phantasmic Fox

Male, or female, you can practice divination. One gender has no power over the other and neither hold dominion in divination above the other. Divination is an ability, like writing, speaking. or standing firmly upon the hands. Anyone can learn it to its full potential; and it is, in fact, an inferior method of practising psychism, which is the energy that works behind divination, and is
similar to a doorway between the concious mind and the divine being.

Why does your inquiry favour separation of the sexes to judge?

The way you type, it is easy to assume you favour the women above the men, yet you seek the power that only men can harness. Is this jealously of the power of men, or is it fear? What is the question you truly seek to answer? This is not the one. You ask this question so you may answer the real question yourself, as if you doubt yourself. Do you ridicule yourself, is this why you hide behind pretentious questions that may or may not lead to the truth?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Master
Of my friends, I only know of one male who openly admits to divination. However, non of them ever refused to do a divination with me.
I like using the Osho Zen Tarot cards.
Old 18-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmic Fox
Male, or female, you can practice divination. One gender has no power over the other and neither hold dominion in divination above the other. Divination is an ability, like writing, speaking. or standing firmly upon the hands. Anyone can learn it to its full potential; and it is, in fact, an inferior method of practising psychism, which is the energy that works behind divination, and is
similar to a doorway between the concious mind and the divine being.

Why does your inquiry favour separation of the sexes to judge?

I suppose it's because women are closer to their emotions than men (not without exception, however) and are associated with the Moon, the sphere of the psyche, dream, clairvoyance. It may be an entirely false association these days, applicable when men went to war, hunted etc. Some of the famous oracles have been female but that doesn't mean it's the province of women only.

Quote:
The way you type, it is easy to assume you favour the women above the men, yet you seek the power that only men can harness. Is this jealously of the power of men, or is it fear? What is the question you truly seek to answer? This is not the one. You ask this question so you may answer the real question yourself, as if you doubt yourself. Do you ridicule yourself, is this why you hide behind pretentious questions that may or may not lead to the truth?

Best to assume nothing. Assumption is...well, you know the saying....