Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 26-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Dillon

what are fimiliar spirits? what do you think?

Spirits have been here on earth for a very long time, they have seen many people live and die and know everything about people who have lived in the past.

So when a spirit says, He is your borther Joe, could it be a fimiliar spirit who has seen Joe's life because they live so long. It has personal first hand knowledge of Joe, but is not Joe and is just fooling people who are grieving lost loved ones?

A "familiar spirit" is a demon. It is defined as "a spirit or demon that serves or prompts an individual" (Merriam Webster’s 7th New Collegiate Dictionary). Demons serve or prompt people to do evil, and to go against the commands of God. There are several references in the Bible to "familiar spirits," and they are all in a bad sense.

The word "familiar" seems to be added to the word "spirit" because the person in mind seems to have had contact with that spirit or demon previously; hence that person is "familiar" with that demon.

What do you think? Is this possible? Are we fooled by spirit guides?
Old 26-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Master

Every dictionary thinks that because it wrote a definition of something, the last word about it has been said. This is pretty much why noone buys dictionaries any more.

Spirit guides are not demons. I cannot guarantee that there are not a single demon working in the role as spirit guide, but I have not met a demon spirit guide so far in the 100+ cases I have had. I HAVE occasionally met negative entities pretending to be someone's guide, although they were not worthy of a title that powerful. When they were eventually banished the real guide usually showed up afterwards. On the other hand I have at times found angels working in the role as spirit guides, which make the whole claim that 'spirit guides are demons' rather ludicrous.

I have heard the term 'familiar' about some spirits. Usually as some kind of man-made energy construct, serving in a crude servant or pet role. Considering that spirit guides definitely do not take orders, this too becomes a wrong label.
Old 27-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Dillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Spirit guides are not demons. I cannot guarantee that there are not a single demon working in the role as spirit guide, but I have not met a demon spirit guide so far in the 100+ cases I have had. I HAVE occasionally met negative entities pretending to be someone's guide, although they were not worthy of a title that powerful. When they were eventually banished the real guide usually showed up afterwards. 'spirit guides are demons' rather ludicrous..

Are demons evil ? Could negitive energies be evil ?

Is this an example of how to banish a spirit guide?

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her boss much gain by fortune-tellings. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.
Old 27-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Master

[quote=Dillon]
A "familiar spirit" is a demon. It is defined as "a spirit or demon that serves or prompts an individual" (Merriam Webster’s 7th New Collegiate Dictionary). Demons serve or prompt people to do evil, and to go against the commands of God. There are several references in the Bible to "familiar spirits," and they are all in a bad sense./QUOTE]

Sometimes a familiar is thought of as a demon by people who don't understand what a familiar spirit really is.

I agree with WhiteWarrior on this.

A familiar spirit (often referred to as simply a familiar) is an entity that helps a Witch and also can be a protector. It often appears as an animal but can sometimes be seen as a human figure.

Perhaps the bible does give reference to familiar spirits in a 'bad' sense (whatever that means) but then the bible would, wouldn't it.
Old 27-11-2013, 06:26 AM
Dillon

[quote=Jenny Crow]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon

A familiar spirit (often referred to as simply a familiar) is an entity that helps a Witch and also can be a protector. It often appears as an animal but can sometimes be seen as a human figure.

Would you like to be Filled with Power by the Holy Spirit?
Old 27-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon
Are demons evil ? Could negitive energies be evil ?

Is this an example of how to banish a spirit guide?

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her boss much gain by fortune-tellings. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

Demons, the kind I have met, are evil. That does not mean that everything labeled demon is actually evil, nor does it mean that evil is always a demon. I am aware of a great many living people who do or have done evil deeds, for their own enjoyment or while hiding under a righteous banner. No demon I ever met could be worse than a man with a smirk and a weapon in his hand.

As for your bible quote, and please mark such quotes with the name of the source you get them from, I agree that it was a banishment of a spirit that had taken hold of the woman in question or rather her body and mind. Spirit guides will not do this unless it is a moment of lethal danger for their charge, and then only if the connection between guide and charge is good enough to allow it. Banishments will work if the banisher is strong of intent and energy and the targeted spirit is not too strong. I think we can agree that Paul was an exceptional individual in those areas.
Old 27-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Dillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I think we can agree that Jesus Christ was an exceptional individual in those areas.

WhiteWarrior, You are called to be a Warrior of the Glorious Light of the Lord Jesus Christ.

All your sins have been forgiven, past, present and future. What will you do with that Freedom?
Old 27-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Michael29

Light cannot exist without dark, humans are mere tools that are used by light and dark so that an unbalance doesnt happen. As for guides being demonic, it depends on that persons role in life, it is there choice by free will alone that leads them places in life, not the will of the guide.
Old 27-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Dillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael29
Light cannot exist without dark, .

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Old 27-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Master
Light casts a shadow,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx