Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 30-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Trieah

To be honest, for years I didn't want to have anything to do with one either. I heard all the stories too. In my teen years, a couple friends and I pitched in to buy one, but nothing bad ever really happened with it. And it was kind of obvious that one of the other girls was pushing the planchette around.

I really don't think they should be sold as toys though. And especially without any proper instructions on how to ground, shield, protect and properly close down the portal. That's just very irresponsible of the Hasbro toy company. The thing that I like about the Amy Zerner & Monte Farber boards, is that they give a full description on how to properly use and protect yourself with them.
Old 30-01-2012, 04:44 AM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I have an original--made by my entire Family from a FatherOak that was struck by lightening and fell in my back yard.

I have never had any problems--because it is only a Divination Tool and I use it with the proper reverence and knowledge.

Problems come-in (as others have already said) when people have used them irreverently--as if they were toys. The Spirit world probably takes a dim view of being seen as a game--or (perhaps) a joke.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 03-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Toandfro

I used them often as a teenager with friends. We probably made lots of mistakes. I felt it was similar to talking to the living. Sometimes we got truth and sometimes lies, some seemed quite happy to mess about for ages answering silly questions. Some would try and frighten us and some would get impatient and leave. Once told us that we were all going to die in the near future.

Undoubtedly, there would also be a lot of exaggeration and pretending in a group of teenagers anyway.

It did tell us to hold a pen instead of using the board and to all touch a mirror to see an apparition. (Didn't work with the mirror, which is expected between the giggling and fear of actually seeing something).

I think the problem is not the board itself. More that they're easy to use, even with very little knowledge and understanding of what you're dealing with.
Too much power for naive and amateur hands.

Saying that I'm far from an expert on the subject.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
GeminiTwin

Ive owned a ouija board don't take it out much, i can say i believe lower level energies often are what you contact with. However one time a friend made an ouija board out of paper in school. It worked quite fast and was calling me profanities really ugly stuff. I believe this has to do with partly with the people engaging. Just use caution as with anything. i don't think it should be feared at all. just know what you are dealing with when you '"play" with the board
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
iScorpio

I think it's safe as long as you know what you're doing and use proper protection.. It sickens me how they sell Quija Boards in kids stores (Like Toys Are Us).
Old 26-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Akaalis

Regardless if one puts up a protection spell, it is still of little benefit to use Ouja boards, all those boards are good for are for summoning and making contact with very low-level chaotic entities and spirits. Majority of the times such spirits have an agenda and ulterior motives of their own, you cannot communicate with God or summon Angels with these boards, the ability and power of these boards are unable to reach and penetrate into a high-level realm to begin, so the reply you receive every such time you make contact will only be from such messy things.

Thats all I can really say on this matter. If you have such a board dispose of it in the garbage or burn it entirely, so that no else may pick up such trash and consequently end up harming themselves.
Old 26-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Tammy

I think ouija boards have their place. i just caution you to be protected (dont think or assume because the board says it is protected you are...you MUST know you are protected, 100%.) also although your intent is for higher gain, please make sure you know what you are getting into and what you are doing (like you have now, by asking questions, good place to start)

so ground and protect, and have full understanding of how it works, and then take it from there.....that is my advice
Good luck.
Old 26-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by marganda
I actually want to connect with the angels and higher self. Im very impatient in meditation. So i want to learn want are thepersonal mistake of people so I will not do it.

Im still thinking of using or what but I want to only attract positive things.

yes i want to use it with highest light.
You can have the highest intentions and you can do whatever you want to protect yourself, but when it comes down to the nitty-gritty you have no control over what or who will manifest. Isn't that the whole point of using the board, to not control what it spells out? That also means you have lost control in other areas. There is no such thing as partial control, you either have it or not.
Old 27-03-2012, 04:36 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Marganda:

It has been my considerable experience (more than 30 years worth) that you do have control over the energies and Enties that you permit to come through.

NegativeEnergyElementals might knock on the door--but you do not have to answer. You will be able to banish them as long as you have yourself under control--which means you must approach this exercise soberly and reverently--it is not a game.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 27-03-2012, 08:38 PM
MorningMist

Interesting critters, ouija boards.

A few years ago, I was visiting a group of friends who'd just bought a ouija board that day, and were about to start their very first session with it. It was the first time I'd seen one.

While nothing negative per se happened during the course of the night (it went on for the entire night), it became apparent that whenever I left the room to go refresh everyone's coffee, all contact ceased. Upon re-entering the room, contact resumed.

This was somewhat disconcerting for me, particularly when friends posed the question, “why do you stop communicating when she leaves the room, and only start again when she comes back?”. No answer was forthcoming. (I'd been sitting in the background, not physically touching the planchette at all).

As night gave way to dawn, I was vaguely aware of my friends discussing the concept of sleep being desirable (I'd semi drifted off in an armchair by then), when suddenly, they began making muffled cries of – I don't know what – but I couldn't open my eyes then if my life depended on it - they were just too heavy with sleep.

For a good 5 minutes, they told me later, they watched a strange, light green mist draw itself out of my mouth and then move to a corner of the room, where it formed into the shape of a person, and then vanished entirely. They said they didn't feel or sense anything negative about it, that it was more like something that had been 'startled' to find itself where it was and left in haste, almost apologetically.

We never knew what that was all about.

I did visit them a few more times when they used the board, because they said it simply wouldn't work if I wasn't there, but whatever that particular incident was, it never happened again.

After a few more visits, I stopped going; I found the whole “it-won't-work-unless-you're-here” thing not just unnerving, but irritating and imposing, as though I had no right to a life of my own whenever they decided they wanted to 'play' on the ouija board.

Not something I'd ever be inclined to buy, personally, but it was an interesting experience, I suppose.

Hugs
MM