Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 13-06-2011, 07:11 AM
bebelee

Tarot cards

I once heard that i shouldn't buy tarot cards for myself. Someone else should give them to me. Is this true?
Old 13-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Medium_Laura

I buy them but I'll tell you that my gift decks read better. It's personal choice.
Old 21-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Neth Rana

Interesting...I've never heard that. But now that I think about it, the deck my boyfriend bought for me reads better than the one I bought for myself.. Interesting!
Old 22-06-2011, 06:59 AM
bebelee

hmm i wonder if i were to give someone the money to get them for me... I wonder if that would still work better than buying them myself.
I really would like some and want to get the best benefits out of them and that is the whole reason i don't own any.
I should just get some myself though, i feel bad for asking someone to go out and get them for me. Ohhh i don't know lol.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:05 AM
Master
I started reading with a Rider-Waite deck that I bought. Never really took to it. Then my daughter bought me the Sacred Circle as a birthday present and the connection was immediate. Coincidence ????
Old 22-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Master
well i brought myself a pack of Tarots once, that night i thought that I would pick one card to see what sort of week i was going to have, the card that I picked was the card of death or change, as it is also read. the night after i was shot by some random shooter along the highway just out of town, well what a big change that was to the rest of my life. I ended up burning the cards when i recovered, so that's a little story for you to think about.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:26 AM
bebelee

I just googled it :) My mother told me when i was younger and of recent that it is bad luck to buy your own and that they must be a gift.
I have been really scared to buy my own. I feel silly i didn't google this earlier lol. I'm going to buy myself some tomorrow now that the fear has just been swooshed away :)

Thanks for your input, one day i may get them as a gift and it would be interesting to see how they read different but as for now i'm quite excited i can finally own some :) yay!
Old 22-06-2011, 08:15 AM
bebelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
well i brought myself a pack of Tarots once, that night i thought that I would pick one card to see what sort of week i was going to have, the card that I picked was the card of death or change, as it is also read. the night after i was shot by some random shooter along the highway just out of town, well what a big change that was to the rest of my life. I ended up burning the cards when i recovered, so that's a little story for you to think about.

Oh my goodness! That definitely gives me something to think about!!
Old 22-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebelee
Oh my goodness! That definitely gives me something to think about!!
But I also have to add, in those days i was pretty well ignorant about a lot of things such as Tarots, now that i have realized that there is no power than what i already have, I have no fear in buying my own deck, I have since the shooting brought about three decks with no problems at all, just realize that nothing can hurt you if you don't allow it.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:38 AM
bebelee

My mum came up to my sister & i when we were 7 and 9 years old telling us that her tarot cards told her she was going to die that day. No wonder i have been so fearful! Back then i just knew 'something' but reality has shaped me, im just finding my way (i have a strong as intuition that i never really listened to, just starting now). Sorry i probably make no sense, i guess im trying to think out loud.
I will be buying a deck :)

psychoslice - thanks for adding that last post. It makes perfect sense to me