Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 16-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Master
If we do create our own reality....

....then what is wrong with creating a world where our Father is the Creator and Jesus is the saviour and so on.
If we create our own reality then why not create the Christian version? It is just as good and as valid as any other version of reality.
Over the years I have come across thousands of different versions of reality. The Christian version is still amongst my most favourites.
I for one DO want God to be the Creator. I DO want Christ to be the saviour.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 17-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Master
In an ever-changing world where truth is entirely subjective according to what we believe at any given time, one must ask if any grand or ultimate truth exists which surpasses any 'fake truths' that people will just blindly believe.

I could, for the sake of argument, say "I disagree with you - God can be directly perceived and doesn't need a go-between in the ultimate realisation thereof" however, that is just mere speculation or personal experience on my part.

A favourite saying of mine lately is 'that is your truth, it isn't mine' however the problem arises when each claim their truths as the only truth, but it still makes no difference when we see that certain world leaders and heads of state have become inaugurated on the basis of a personal set of beliefs, truths and values which do not seem to be in accordance with those of a larger set of society or their beliefs, right?

If anything, it only goes to show that the whole notion of creating a reality is individuised, irrespective and oblivious to the beliefs of certain influential individuals or even a mere subset of them.

So, if your beliefs lead you to a place of peace, love, acceptance and tranquility, that is all that can ever be hoped and asked for. If Christianity and the tenets therein ring true for you, then it is true for you, nobody else - even though there are others who may hold the same beliefs you do about the same subject. On a very fine level, even within the restraints of organised religion or faith, you're going to find that no two people are going to agree on every single minute aspect of it.

We are each observing the Whole from a different perspective and nobody is correct or incorrect - it's just a different perspective, until it comes time when we drop the limitations of any beliefs or perspectives which may shroud our understanding of the totality of God - placing no limitations on a limitless entity whatsoever.
Old 17-05-2017, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Yesterday you told me:
Quote:
I keep telling you that I'm not Christian.
Anyway, I wonder why you ask. Create you belief, create your reality, and live it. Something for me is getting lost in the translation here. I don't understand what your issue is, why you're turning this desire of yours into a question. If you're questioning it, that suggests you're not all that sure about what you actually want.
Old 17-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Master
We are eternal souls. We reincarnate many times. We incarnate to evolve our soul understanding. And we evolve our soul understanding in large part by learning to love ourselves, to love others, and to love life.

This is the sum total of my spiritual path. These are the truths I follow. This is everything I know. Not everything I believe; everything I know. I don't question it. I live it. Every moment of every day. And by living it in each moment, you could say I create it as my reality. But I don't create anything as I see it. Because it's already there for me. It's my path and I just live it.
Old 17-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Master
She wants whatever is systematically and intrinsically opposite to the "I AM" movement...whatever that is.

If there's a religion called "I AM...NOT" then that's Jan's religion.

Hence the pre-occupation with Christianity at this time...they are the furthest away from the "I AM"... she even denied Jehovah saying it.

That's the nutshell of it.
Old 18-05-2017, 05:57 AM
Master
You two speculate about my purpose; but you are not close to the truth in my opinion. You hardly know me except through my writings about I AM. The truth is complex in my opinion. So is my understanding of it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Master
I just got through saying, in another part of the forum that any 'understanding' of the truth, isn't true.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=112960&page=7

Forgive me for the speculation, however. Maybe if you would like to elaborate on this 'purpose' and why you are so reticent to have any tolerance towards the whole "I AM' principle you seem to have an unhealthy preoccupation with, a limited understanding of the matter may be gleaned by all and sundry.

I just notice that all you ever write about is the 'I AM', which, if you were comfortable in whatever other belief you hold, it wouldn't bother you so much in that you feel the need to always write about it, practically from the date you joined.

How's that for getting at the crux of the matter?
Old 18-05-2017, 07:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
....then what is wrong with creating a world where our Father is the Creator and Jesus is the saviour and so on.
If we create our own reality then why not create the Christian version? It is just as good and as valid as any other version of reality.
Over the years I have come across thousands of different versions of reality. The Christian version is still amongst my most favourites.
If we do create our own reality then I ask is Christianity the best we could come up with? The God of the old testament is certainly a quite unpleasant person, and people continue to create this reality based in the distant past. The same goes for Islam.
Judaism, predating the two mentioned seems to be kinder and more human than they are and I thought that the world would progress. Doesn't seem to be the case.

That is why many people go and create a different reality for themselves of Bahai, Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, atheism, etc.
Old 18-05-2017, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
If we do create our own reality then I ask is Christianity the best we could come up with? The God of the old testament is certainly a quite unpleasant person, and people continue to create this reality based in the distant past. The same goes for Islam.
Judaism, predating the two mentioned seems to be kinder and more human than they are and I thought that the world would progress. Doesn't seem to be the case.

That is why many people go and create a different reality for themselves of Bahai, Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, atheism, etc.
Weird thing being, the God I worship in Hinduism actually can be rather 'unpleasant' in much the same way that Jehovah or Allah can be...He isn't called 'The Destroyer' without good reason.

Thing is, people are soft and don't see that the 'vengeful God' or the 'punishing God' is only upholding the Dharma or universal balance by destroying ignorance and negative influence.

Say God was to come down and kill a mass murderer, before any other people could fall victim to the heinous fiend...many people wouldn't know that God's victim was a mass murderer at the time...God does...so God will be seen as being an unpleasant, vengeful, cosmic dude who punishes those who don't live in accordance with peace, love, harmony...God's plan for mankind...I can see nothing wrong with this.

God coming down and wiping out all the 'evil guys' to make the world a nicer place for everybody else, so that they all can live in peace sounds like an 'okay God' to me....but all the 'evil guys' will be the first to decry God's actions as being unjust, unpleasant and downright murderous and if they are very influential, they'll have all the 'soft/kind-hearted' people in total agreement.

Whenever my God lops off the head of a greedy, arrogant, malevolent character, my heart leaps up into my throat and quivers out of pure love...not fear.

Here's a fan-made video to show my God, Shiva in action, after a greedy, arrogant and controlling king (His son-in-law, King Daksha) caused Shiva's wife, Sati to commit suicide after Daksha basically kidnapped his own daughter and forbade her to return to Shiva ever again - the separation and verbal/emotional abuse became too much for Sati to bear...and here's what happened after that...tears of pure love and devotion for Shiva start flowing whenever I recall the tale of Daksha's Sacrifice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSRBEPzci-o

This just goes to show that a similarity exists here.
Old 18-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
If we do create our own reality then I ask is Christianity the best we could come up with?
I laughed out loud at that. Different time back then, different consciousness; humanity collectively resided in a kind of group soul awareness where the priest acted as the wisdom intermediary. They didn't have the sense of individualism we have today; didn't hold their own individual spirit beliefs. Dark Age thinking, writing and art overlapped the Renaissance for about 100 years and then faded away completely. Likewise it will be several more decades before Pisces Age religious belief and church teaching fades away completely in this new Aquarian Age of individual soul-spirit understanding.