Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Experiencer

The Witnesses of Rev 11

Has anyone thought they were these guys? I'm just curious if people have thought they were the witnesses.
Old 14-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Master
Revelation, like everything in the Bible, is an allegorical narrative. An imagination, meant to open the soul to higher truths. The content is intended to be interpreted symbolically, not literally.
Old 14-05-2017, 02:12 PM
Experiencer

Did I ask what is Revelations standpoint in the Bible? NO. I asked are there people out there who have thought they were the witnesses not whether Revelations is fact or fiction.
Old 14-05-2017, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Did I ask what is Revelations standpoint in the Bible? NO. I asked are there people out there who have thought they were the witnesses not whether Revelations is fact or fiction.
So you're asking if people fantasize about being this or that person in these various allegorical Bible stories? Is that what you mean? If so, what would be the point of fantasizing like that? What would be the purpose of spiritual daydreams of that sort? Does it matter if I believe I was, say, Pontius Pilate in another life?
Old 14-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Experiencer

Back in 1993 I heard a voice tell me that I was one of the Witnesses in the book of Revelation. It told me to hitch hike to Georgia to find the other. When I got to Georgia I met a guy who believed he was the other witness.

So I'm wondering if this is a common occurrence. Have other people thought they were the Witnesses?
Old 14-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Master
Alternatively I've heard statements about them being persons, and also, two Christian nations.

As far as persons, Enoch and Elijah, who were both caught up to heaven with God, without seeing death.

As far as nations? England, and America. Two Christian nations in origins, no matter what the disaffected secularists want to state.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Has anyone thought they were these guys? I'm just curious if people have thought they were the witnesses.

this scriptures isn't referring to actual men, but Jehovah God and Jesus spiritual organization. though out human history, especially after Jesus died. false ministers and governments tried to stop their people. remember, the Pharisees thought Jesus true teaching would end once he was put to dead, it didn't!, it only slacked up.

Saul had the ok from human higher power to arrest "THE WAY",(what Jesus followers were called after Jesus death ,(Acts 22:4 And I persecuted "this way" unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women). because he thought he beliefs were the truth, it only slacked

yet later they became strong and continued their preaching work. and it's still going on today. and will continue up to the end ,(Matt. 28:19,20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen).

so for a while the true teachings might seem dead to those who had a hand in it. but Jehovah God and Jesus will revived it. peace
Old 29-05-2017, 05:42 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
this scriptures isn't referring to actual men, but Jehovah God and Jesus spiritual organization. though out human history, especially after Jesus died. false ministers and governments tried to stop their people. remember, the Pharisees thought Jesus true teaching would end once he was put to dead, it didn't!, it only slacked up.

Saul had the ok from human higher power to arrest "THE WAY",(what Jesus followers were called after Jesus death ,(Acts 22:4 And I persecuted "this way" unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women). because he thought he beliefs were the truth, it only slacked

yet later they became strong and continued their preaching work. and it's still going on today. and will continue up to the end ,(Matt. 28:19,20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen).

so for a while the true teachings might seem dead to those who had a hand in it. but Jehovah God and Jesus will revived it. peace

They have revived it. We are far along in these last days.
Old 31-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Experiencer

My question isnt who these guys are. My Question is has anyone thought they were these witnesses.. It's not a theological debate.. I'm wondering if other people have thought they were these witnesses.