Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Experiencer

Is God Perfect?

OK.. In Galatians chapter 5 it tells you about what is against the spirit and what is of the spirit. It says that acts of the flesh such as Jealousy and Wrath are sinful activities. Yet in the 10 Commandments God openly admits that he is a Jealous God and His Wrath is all throughout the old Testament. I have been thinking about this for a long time. Here God admits to partaking something that is against his own spirit. Jealousy and Wrath. How can God sin? How can God do a practice that is against his own spirit? I cant compromise and say well God is God and therefore it is Ok for him to do something against his spirit. But the thing is He IS DOING things against his spirit. Now if God is supposed to be perfect and perfectly aligned with his spirit he would not do something that he Proclaims as sin. Then obviously there is something wrong here.. After years of thinking about this and reading the Bible I have come to the conclusion. If God is perfect and I see that this God who proclaims to be perfect yet does what he calls sin. Then what is in error is the Bible. Because God is supposed to be perfect and he cannot reject his own spirit. But as you can see he is a Jealous God and a Wrathful God after proclaiming that these traits are sin. The Bible I believe must be in error otherwise God would be perfect and not reject his own spirit. It shouldnt be a Do as I say and not as I do attitude. What are your thoughts on this subject?
Old 19-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
OK.. In Galatians chapter 5 it tells you about what is against the spirit and what is of the spirit. It says that acts of the flesh such as Jealousy and Wrath are sinful activities. Yet in the 10 Commandments God openly admits that he is a Jealous God and His Wrath is all throughout the old Testament. I have been thinking about this for a long time. Here God admits to partaking something that is against his own spirit. Jealousy and Wrath. How can God sin? How can God do a practice that is against his own spirit? I cant compromise and say well God is God and therefore it is Ok for him to do something against his spirit. But the thing is He IS DOING things against his spirit. Now if God is supposed to be perfect and perfectly aligned with his spirit he would not do something that he Proclaims as sin. Then obviously there is something wrong here.. After years of thinking about this and reading the Bible I have come to the conclusion. If God is perfect and I see that this God who proclaims to be perfect yet does what he calls sin. Then what is in error is the Bible. Because God is supposed to be perfect and he cannot reject his own spirit. But as you can see he is a Jealous God and a Wrathful God after proclaiming that these traits are sin. The Bible I believe must be in error otherwise God would be perfect and not reject his own spirit. It shouldnt be a Do as I say and not as I do attitude. What are your thoughts on this subject?

I was wondering this at first myself but I came across answers to your questions after reading a couple very insightful articles on the internet

"For example, throughout the Old Testament, God is declared to be a “compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,” (Exodus 34:6; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 4:31; Nehemiah 9:17; Psalm 86:5, 15; 108:4; 145:8; Joel 2:13). Yet in the New Testament, God’s loving-kindness and mercy are manifested even more fully through the fact that “God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16). Throughout the Old Testament, we also see God dealing with Israel the same way a loving father deals with a child. When they willfully sinned against Him and began to worship idols, God would punish them. Yet, each time He would deliver them once they had repented of their idolatry. This is much the same way God deals with Christians in the New Testament. For example, Hebrews 12:6 tells us that “the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.”

In a similar way, throughout the Old Testament we see God’s judgment and wrath poured out on sin.

Likewise, in the New Testament we see that the wrath of God is still “being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness” (Romans 1:18).

So, clearly, God is no different in the Old Testament than He is in the New Testament.

God by His very nature is immutable (unchanging). While we might see one aspect of His nature revealed in certain passages of Scripture more than other aspects, God Himself does not change."

https://www.gotquestions.org/God-different.html

Also...

Question: "Why is God a jealous God?"

Answer: It is important to understand how the word “jealous” is used. Its use in Exodus 20:5 to describe God is different from how it is used to describe the sin of jealousy (Galatians 5:20). When we use the word “jealous,” we use it in the sense of being envious of someone who has something we do not have. A person might be jealous or envious of another person because he or she has a nice car or home (possessions). Or a person might be jealous or envious of another person because of some ability or skill that other person has (such as athletic ability). Another example would be that one person might be jealous or envious of another because of his or her beauty.

In Exodus 20:5, it is not that God is jealous or envious because someone has something He wants or needs. Exodus 20:4-5 says, “You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God...” Notice that God is jealous when someone gives to another something that rightly belongs to Him.

In these verses, God is speaking of people making idols and bowing down and worshiping those idols instead of giving God the worship that belongs to Him alone. God is possessive of the worship and service that belong to Him. It is a sin (as God points out in this commandment) to worship or serve anything other than God. It is a sin when we desire, or we are envious, or we are jealous of someone because he has something that we do not have. It is a different use of the word “jealous” when God says He is jealous. What He is jealous of belongs to Him; worship and service belong to Him alone, and are to be given to Him alone.

Perhaps a practical example will help us understand the difference. If a husband sees another man flirting with his wife, he is right to be jealous, for only he has the right to flirt with his wife. This type of jealousy is not sinful. Rather, it is entirely appropriate. Being jealous for something that God declares to belong to you is good and appropriate. Jealousy is a sin when it is a desire for something that does not belong to you. Worship, praise, honor, and adoration belong to God alone, for only He is truly worthy of it. Therefore, God is rightly jealous when worship, praise, honor, or adoration is given to idols. This is precisely the jealousy the apostle Paul described in 2 Corinthians 11:2, “I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy...'

https://www.gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html

So as you can see, God is Perfect and has never sinned.
Old 19-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Well, wether he is perfect or not is not up to me to decide. However, I can't say I understand and/or approve of his policies...
Old 19-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Master
I am going through a time of lack in belief of or faith in a God, that I would not be remotely interested in worshiping at this time. I am in the process of considering he does not exist and is not worthy of a second more of my invaluable time.
Old 19-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Master
all i no
no 1 is [erft we amm mal msitks evn god he/she wi;; mak bgst mistaks thy willl

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 30-04-2017, 11:37 PM
Experiencer

If you take for instance a man who is married and another man comes and Flirts with his wife and the husband becomes enraged in jealousy. He beats up the other man who flirted with his wife untill he has to goto the Hospital because he is soo badly beaten. Is this acceptable behavior for a man? No it is not.. If we expect so much froma man why not God? God isnt exempt from sin simply because he is God. His Jealousy and wrath is similar to this Jealous man. I'm convinced that the Bible is in error..
Old 05-05-2017, 11:18 AM
Newbie ;)

I read the Bible from cover to cover when I became a Christian in my teenage years. I was appalled at the behaviour of this so called loving God. I quickly lost my faith in Christianity.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:01 PM
dundana66 and SatuninePluto,
Yes, the way God is depicted in the Bible as a murdering, wrathful God is nothing like my personal experience of 'Him',
Who has no gender.
I do know that many are repelled by even the idea of a God because of the Bible itself.
Lemme tell ya...God is all around us and in us and if you open in stillness to feeling
this Divine Presence; not listening to the concepts from others, you know...boy, will you
be filled with peace and an awareness of an ever-present, living
Love all around you.
But, ya gotta be very still and open....like a child, in innocence and wonder.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Master
My experience of God was a very loving Being who is multifaceted and an enigma. As for the Bible I do not know how to reconcile God and the Bible both the New and Old Testaments are problematic. As for whether God sins or not, He is everything and nothing and does not have the duality that we have.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Master
Brahma thought for a long time and then said, "Here is what we will do. We will hide their divinity deep in the center of their own being, for humans will never think to look for it there."

All the gods agreed that this was the perfect hiding place, and the deed was done. And since that time humans have been going up and down the earth, digging, diving, climbing, and exploring--searching for something already within themselves.

St Augustine wrote... I sought you everywhere outside myself, but you where within me.

St Theresa wrote... If God is to be found he will be found within.