Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Guide

i'm trying to tone it down.
trying to say 'i dislike it' instead of 'i hate it'
saying stuff "i hope they get what they deserve' instead of 'i wish they died'

i do think rapists, killers, and other similar offenders deserve the capital punishment because nobody has the right to torture others.. but then, in applying that punishment we become the very same type of individuals we punish.. :(

i can't turn my other cheek, but i cant do 'an eye for an eye' thing either. so i can only hope there is some sort of karma to take care of stuff
Old 07-05-2017, 02:28 AM
Thanks Horace.
I love your honesty, Mused.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-05-2017, 02:44 AM
A story effected me very much...and I should remember it more often.
So a very mean man died...this is his story of his NDE...
Scene after scene of his nasty life was placed before him and Jesus...
(he later realized it was Jesus, that is).
And each time a nasty scene played where he was just terrible to someone,
Jesus kindly said something like, "Yes, I understand why you did that ...you had a very hard childhood;
when your uncle did 'such and such' to you, it hurt you deeply..."

I was all, "What?"
''Oh, this IS how love is, isn't it?''

Whew...what an experience for this man...to be with such an example of utter love...manifesting in understanding,
compassion, empathy, with absolutely no judgment or chastising ...simply
understanding, with a tad of sympathy.

I'm gettin' there!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
so i can only hope there is some sort of karma to take care of stuff

My advice here is to leave it. Leave the karmic thinking. You do not want it, you do not need it, and these thoughts are not helpful at all.

They indicate a hidden guilt type of thinking - (as: you are guilty, so karma will strike you back). True Forgiveness is better.

Quote:
i can't turn my other cheek, but i cant do 'an eye for an eye' thing either.

Please allow me to explain this 'turn the other cheek' type of thing:

You are living in Paradise. You just do not know it.
You see, In Paradise,they think differently.

You are, even here, invulnerable. I know you do not believe it. But it is so.

That means that nobody can hurt you, but it must mean, that you can not, and do not want to hurt anyone.

So how would you behave, if nobody can hurt you, and you do not want to hurt anyone ?

You would be at peace (and happy), right ? (at least this should your answer be :p ) (edit: well imagine it, feel it and be it)

So, somehow, an attack thought entered your mind, and you have reacted. And by your reaction you have learned that you are vulnerable.

If you can accept this, then you must see, that what has happened is gone, and that you are still invulnerable now.

So turning the Other Cheek means, simply, that you have allowed an attack thought to slip your forgiveness, and by it you became vulnerable.

Recognizing this fact, an inner shift happens, where you say (and think, and mean): Wait a minute, you can not hurt me, it is ridiculous.
And so you can ask him to hit you on the 'other cheek'.

And with this you will learn that he can't hurt you, because you would not feel the pain.

There was an youtube video, where a man was having an interview, and he explained the effects of Guilt.

He first told the Reporter to stretch his arm, and he would try to push it down, and he could not.
Then he told him, to recall and have guilty feelings, and as he pushed, his arm felt down, as it had no power at all.
And again, he asked him to think some confident thoughts, and he could not push his arm down.

(usually i set such videos on the "Watch Later" list, and probably i have pasted it on this or some other forum too, but i can't find it now)

You can even try it at home. This example explains the effects of negative emotions. And as i wrote above, you do not want them, neither for yourself, nor for others. Because it would hurt you, if you want to hurt them.
If you catch yourself using such things unintentionally, then do not make the mistake to feel guilty about it.
Forgive yourself, and be thankful that you had recognized it.

Guilt, Fear, Hate, Jealosity etc etc makes you really powerless, because they go Hand in Hand, and one follows the other.
And you will act according to their rules, instead of finding a Loving sollution.

Being thankful and feelings of love and forgiveness, usually, helps you to get out of negativity.

Thanks for reading.