Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 02-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No, the small brain that is in the heart. I find this very interesting and as the Buddha was way ahead of his time I was thinking mybe somewhere in his teachings he might have mentioned something about it. I have been searching around but up to now I cannot find anything that could be connected, of course I could be searching for something that isn't there.

You definitely need to check out the write-up on this subject matter composed by the HeartMath Institute... I'll message you a link....

"The heart is, in fact, a highly complex, self-organized information processing center with its own functional “brain” that communicates with and influences the cranial brain via the nervous system, hormonal system and other pathways" ~ HeartMath Institute
Old 02-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
You definitely need to check out the write-up on this subject matter composed by the HeartMath Institute... I'll message you a link....

"The heart is, in fact, a highly complex, self-organized information processing center with its own functional “brain” that communicates with and influences the cranial brain via the nervous system, hormonal system and other pathways" ~ HeartMath Institute

Thank you, I have downloaded the file and will spend some time on it this evening, it looks really interesting. Much appreciated.

Now..... can you tie it up to some of the Buddhas teachings please
I have plenty of spare time in the evenings to digest your info: thanks again
Old 02-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you, I have downloaded the file and will spend some time on it this evening, it looks really interesting. Much appreciated.

Welcome...

Quote:
Now..... can you tie it up to some of the Buddhas teachings please

Wish I could help but I have not studied Buddhism extensively... The thread caught my attention because of the title and my familiarity with the Heart-Brain research/findings....
Old 02-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Welcome...

Wish I could help but I have not studied Buddhism extensively... The thread caught my attention because of the title and my familiarity with the Heart-Brain research/findings....

Hey wolfgaze, any chance you could share that link on this thread, I'd be interested in having a look at it.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM
Knower

Quote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of any Buddha's teachings which refer to the heart brain please.

I've looked around but cannot find any yet, mybe there are none to be found, who knows.
Try Abhidhamma Pitaka.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulyo13
Try Abhidhamma Pitaka.

Thanks, I have downloaded them and I will start reading them this evening.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Master
Could Karma be cellular memory ?
Old 02-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Suspended
Master

Your work is to discover the world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it. Buddha.

Teach this triple truth to all… A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
Buddha.

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. Dalai Lama

There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first; when you learn to live for others, they will live for you. Paramahansa Yogananda

Religion is a matter of the heart. Mahatma Gandhi

The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart. St. Jerome

Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius

Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. Carl Jung

Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart. Mahatma Gandhi

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking. Khalil Gibran

Sunlight fell upon the wall; the wall received a borrowed splendor. Why set your heart on a piece of earth, O simple one? Seek out the source which shines forever. Rumi
Old 03-05-2016, 05:54 PM
Master
'The mind resides not in the brain but in the heart'

Thanks Mulyo, I am going to delve into Hadaya Vathu to see what more I can learn....