Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Administrator
You are an individual embrace what you are.

Namaste
Old 28-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Knower

Has anyone noticed how more complex life becomes? I mean I heard how people talk that today we have all the technology that makes life easier, navigation, instant video and messaging, wireless convenience. But how is it that more people are depressed? Well it's because of complex life society created for itself isn't it? Convenience comes at a cost. Today we have economy of scale which helps leverage labor at minimum wage. This allowes even average joes with limited business to start something of their own. But it also creates higher expectations for lower paid wage people (I am not including 3rd world here). So people have to work on more jobs and keep their ends meet. There's no security and those who find jobs that align with their sould are lucky, yet there's still insecurity. Businesses push other businesses due to constant strive to innovation and make it better than another. Some companies measure employees by performance.

Well what do we have from that? I will tell you what we will not have. Freedom and indepenence unless we adapt and stretch ourselves or become part of those who complicate life? Is there another way? How about establish your own eco friendly and independent from modern society community of like-minded people who care about freedom, independence, sustenance, nature and world? I heard as 4th dimension comes people will start creating their own societies and currency of exchange, start using green energy etc. Anyone else heard this?
Old 28-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
Has anyone noticed how more complex life becomes? I mean I heard how people talk that today we have all the technology that makes life easier, navigation, instant video and messaging, wireless convenience. But how is it that more people are depressed?

I believe a lot of people are depressed because they believe these fancy things will make them happy/content, when in reality these material things only bring short term happiness...So a lot of people get sucked into a never ending cycle of "needing the next best thing" to make them feel happy and successful in life because it's what they are told they should have to feel these things...

For myself, it's all about finding balance...enjoying the techno-gadgets of the modern era, but not allowing it to consume/control your life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
How about establish your own eco friendly and independent from modern society community of like-minded people who care about freedom, independence, sustenance, nature and world? I heard as 4th dimension comes people will start creating their own societies and currency of exchange, start using green energy etc. Anyone else heard this?

I have heard of ego-friendly communities where the community works together to grow food, etc. to become more self sufficient... There are individuals/communities who are already using green energy to get off the grid, so there is always a way out of the mainstream system/society if a person desires to chose such a lifestyle...

*EDIT*

On feeling connected to certain time periods, I've always felt drawn to the era of the Black Death in Europe....Particularly the Plague Doctors I feel very drawn and intrigued by them coupled with an odd sense of familiarity when I see depictions of these doctors in documentaries/artwork...
Old 29-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Knower

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I believe a lot of people are depressed because they believe these fancy things will make them happy/content, when in reality these material things only bring short term happiness...

My thought exactly too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
I have heard of ego-friendly communities where the community works together to grow food, etc. to become more self sufficient... There are individuals/communities who are already using green energy to get off the grid, so there is always a way out of the mainstream system/society if a person desires to chose such a lifestyle...

Do you know where I can find such communities? I would even live with amish people to escape mainstream system... They live longer than average due to healthy lifestyle in my opinion but I know little about them.

Aren't there societies in other countries that are open to let people join their community. Maybe communities that share religion, beliefs etc. like monks, communities in Tibet, Nepal and other places where it's evergreen and nice climate?
Old 30-09-2016, 06:13 AM
Guide

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBlume
I'm 18. Don't use a mobile, I buy vintage cars, vintage radios and furniture (we are concerning the 1910's - 1920's period, here). I couldn't care less about social media or what a 'Twitter' is. I despise seeing men and women dressed casually in the street and how everyone looks so unhealthy now. I dress and speak very 'old fashioned'.The early 1900's evokes an odd sense of nostalgia or something similar to it. I find it weird and anti-social how people stare like imbeciles at a handheld brick as if it were a voluptuous woman and fail to physically communicate with each other. When it comes to assignments, I will often hand-write them.

Technology in particular stresses me out badly, especially those relying on connectivity or computerization. I prefer analog and people find me weird, saying how modern technology is so great while I am suffering. It is difficult to find 'vintage' items now a days. It feels like the world (meaning the world of old) has ended and I am having to salvage old relics in order to feel comfortable. Modern buildings literally make me feel sick. My University has some relic partitions (being that it was built in 1921) but the majority of it has become modernized. The plain white atmosphere with computers everywhere makes me feel ill. In some ways, I feel like a walking ghost.

I am not disliking of change, in particular, since I have always hated the modern era and find everything surreal, ugly, and weird. Occasionally I will cry about it, because it makes me feel depressed. As the world becomes more modernized and vintage items decrease in number, I feel more depressed and chaotic about the matter.

Maybe you lived in 30s in your past life and the memory of it is strong enough to make you choose vintage things.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Master
I can understand. Wonderful post.
I like modern stuff furniture but i love old clothes actually when i was young i dressed with old clothes nothing combined and my grandma said i should dress more modern.
I still dress the way i want, mostly jeans, boots and sweaters in the winter. I hate summer.
I don´t follow fashion clothes i just buy what i really need and what is necessary.
I buy second hand cds and books too.

I find weird young people following fashion and spending money on fashion buying things that they even don´t like but they buy to say i have this.
This century is really weird.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
DebraBlume, in the 1990's I loved computer games and the internet. Everyone thought I was a "geek". No one understood computers back then.
Now everything has changed once computer illiterate people suddenly are on Facebook with using smartphones.
I don't see a need for smartphones or any modern gadget, ect it's unecessary. Also it's bothersome, and insecure.
I'm not going into details here but I'm more old school technology and I like old fashioned phones, old cars, phone boxes, ect.
I even prefer old steam engines.
Most people assume technology is progress but it isn't.

I relate to this as well, Howla. I preferred the older technology from the 90s for it's simplicity without the Internet dominated society nowadays and too many unneccessary features and it's my era before it's a social networking console and Wi-Fi obsessed features on phones too like iPhones.

So much pressure and stress on that, it can draw us to wanting to reply more to others online and bombard them constantly than just simply enjoying the present moment in life and breathing through the fresh air on a sunny day at a beach.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 23-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Knower

I know people like you! So you are not lonely here...
Old 09-08-2022, 04:29 PM
Bambo

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBlume
I'm 18. Don't use a mobile, I buy vintage cars, vintage radios and furniture (we are concerning the 1910's - 1920's period, here). I couldn't care less about social media or what a 'Twitter' is. I despise seeing men and women dressed casually in the street and how everyone looks so unhealthy now.....
You sound alot like me!!!

I hate what the world has become.... A piece of crap and its sad!!

People have been so dumbed down to think garbage is good when the stuff they had in the 80s and earlier was much better!!
Old 09-08-2022, 08:46 PM
Administrator
The thing with Today is that people have not got time to sit and speak like they used to because they are to busy on their phones.
I use a computer and a laptop but that is it for me.
I don't own a mobile phone.

We need to get back to how we used to live. kids playing outside getting dirty My kids are grown up now but if i catch them on their phones to much.I tell them off.

To my way of thinking is to much Technology is a bad thing it helps no one when my time comes to go Home.
I will go knowing that i wont be back again.

Namaste