Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 22-11-2013, 02:16 PM
pgrundy

Thank you Medicine Dog and Seekerofsolace.

I started writing about the animals we see on our walks because Americans seem so disconnected from nature and I thought, well, if you can connect with an animal, any animal, you will start to reconnect and calm down. A writer friend of mine who is usually very supportive reacted very negatively and said something to the effect of, "That is stupid, that stuff is only for wackos" or some such thing. I was taken aback, but I realized by her reaction that this is a big deal, that there is a big wound there in many people and if you touch it they scream. So it just kept me going really,

I miss my dog terribly still. We took in a puppy recently that a guy from my husband's job offered us. He didn't spay his dog but now he has. This puppy is currently teaching me that I am not 20 anymore! lol! So much energy.
Old 22-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Medicine_Dog

More good medicine!

http://youtu.be/Us-TVg40ExM
Old 22-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine_Dog
@pgrundy

Thanks for sharing the story, I'm sorry for your loss. Pets become a part of our lives and by doing so leads us to:

Is it not?

You and your dog shared a connection, each of you became a part of the other. In doing so you exchanged medicine, by exchanging medicine the both of you became a part of the great big medicine wheel of life.

Peace

It is, and was a Medicine Wheel. The experience with the dog and the post is a Teaching, live, spinning medicine wheel, just like those horses in the video.
Old 22-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Pathfinder

Is this whole discussion a medicine wheel? I am learning a lot from it!
Old 22-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Medicine_Dog

^*Ron white voice*^

"says it right der on the box!"

Of course, the wheel represents all that is-- and we "is"..

Now seeker, bout that powwow your where talking about before. I Wonder if Thunder_Bow would take us up to the sacred mountain?
Old 23-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicine_Dog
^*Ron white voice*^

"says it right der on the box!"

Of course, the wheel represents all that is-- and we "is"..

Now seeker, bout that powwow your where talking about before. I Wonder if Thunder_Bow would take us up to the sacred mountain?

Anyone with a good heart is invited to join me up at Spirit Mountain NV.
Old 24-11-2013, 04:18 AM
Medicine_Dog

@Thunder_Bow

More on the wheel:

All things within this universe's wheel know of the harmony with every other thing, and know how to give-away to one another, except man; of all the universe's creations it is we alone who do not begin our lives with knowledge of this Great Harmony. All things of the universe's wheel have spirit and life, including rivers, rocks, Earth, Sky, plants, and animals; but it is man alone who is a determiner. Our determining can be made whole only through learning of our harmony with all our brothers and sisters and with all the other spirits of the universe. To do this we must learn to seek and perceive. We must do this to find our place within the medicine wheel. To determine this place, we must learn to give-away.

The wheel is everything-- in its everythingness, it is safe to say that all things have a position in this universe's wheel. Even bad medicine is still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Elk
When a vision comes from the thunder beings of the west, it comes with terror like a thunder storm; but when the storm of vision has passed, the world is greenier and happier; for wherever the truth of vision comes upon the world, it is like a rain. The world, you see, is happier after the terror of the storm.
Old 24-11-2013, 07:38 AM
Pathfinder

"The wheel is everything-- in its everythingness, it is safe to say that all things have a position in this universe's wheel. Even bad medicine is still good."

Your love is like baaad medicine...and bad medicine is what I need oh oh oh...!
Old 24-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Medicine_Dog

Quote:
Your love is like baaad medicine...and bad medicine is what I need oh oh oh...!

My mullet's getting excited-- for some reason, I now have a strong desire for an Iroc Camaro.

cause the wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'-- I don't know where I'll be tomorrow-- Wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'!!
Old 25-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Raven Poet

Medicine Dog:
Thank you for sharing your Medicine wheel teachings. Like Thunder Bow said, many nations have their own distinct interpretation of the Medicine Wheel, if this visual teaching tool is carried in their philosophy.

I have had the privilege of sitting with a number of Elders who teach different Medicine Wheels. one of my favourite wheels is one I use for my own healing, and share with others to help process their healing: East is "Innocence" - pre-trauma or pre-injury; South is "Victim" - powerlessness and feeling stuck (which is a normal part of the process); West is "Survivor" - where one is scarred but not bleeding anymore; and North is "Spiritual Warrior" - where one takes the lessons learned from their trauma and uses it to help others with their healing.

Ekosani!