Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Raven Poet

At this time in my earth walk, I have a hypothesis that the moment of death is as individual as each soul is. I also have a feeling that we experience it the way our soul planned to experience it, according to our original plan before we incarnated.

I like to think that in my Dad's case, he saw his Mom come and get him, open her arms to him, and walk home with him.

As for me, when my transition time comes, I hope my sacred Soul Partner (aka Twin Flame) comes for me, and that I will experience nothing but pure joy as I race into his arms, take his hand, and say, "Take me home!" A bit romantic, I know ... but what the heck. It's my dream! And maybe if I dream it, it will be...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMist
Hi, I am wondering ig anyone has any thoughts on what the moment of death feels like? I suppose my view is, that it is different for people as we all die in different ways. I ask, as my Grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago, she was in pain and seemed to make her own decision to go (refusing all food and water and medication).

I am a bereavement counsellor so have much experience of working with bereaved clients but they very rarely speak of the moment of passing. Now I write all this I am unsure of why I am writing it, as I believe in an afterlife (Spirituality) but this has come up for me so would appreciate and learn from additional views.
Thanks, Purple Mist XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi, Purple Mist. I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother. And when I say "loss" I mean so in a physical sense. For, as you can see in this wonderful forum, many many people believe/know that the Spirit lives on once it has shed its physical encasement.

I made another comment in this thread, but I wanted to specifically share in response to your initial post. Grief and dying/death, I think/know, are very personal and individual experiences. I think if we remember that, it can make us caring effective helpers with others who are fresh in their grief. I also think that although there are different belief systems around life after physical death, there are some universal principles as well. In the reading I've done on this forum and other grief & loss texts, some of those universalities are: honour your feelings your way, don't rush the grieving process, find what brings you peace and comfort in relation to missing your loved one, and stay open to whatever messages/signs that may come from the Other Side.

I'm not trying to sound like an expert, because that would be completely impossible, but I admire your work as a bereavement counselor, which seems like it would be a demanding role at times, and I also feel compassion for your own recent loss. May you receive what you need with love and truth during this painful time!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
merrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
At this time in my earth walk, I have a hypothesis that the moment of death is as individual as each soul is. I also have a feeling that we experience it the way our soul planned to experience it, according to our original plan before we incarnated.

I like to think that in my Dad's case, he saw his Mom come and get him, open her arms to him, and walk home with him.

As for me, when my transition time comes, I hope my sacred Soul Partner (aka Twin Flame) comes for me, and that I will experience nothing but pure joy as I race into his arms, take his hand, and say, "Take me home!" A bit romantic, I know ... but what the heck. It's my dream! And maybe if I dream it, it will be...

Raven Poet,I love your dream... My sentiments exactly and it is romantic.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Beyond

Well, I don't think that following can be categorized as NDE, but still are interesting. When I choked on yesterday for only few seconds, I realized that process of dying can bring a lot of happiness. I experienced same feeling in May of this year, when I was exhausted at work. Interesting fact was also that yesterday I read Seth channelings in which there was a statement: "(...)IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BEGIN TO DETERIORATE AT 22, then so you shall." and about 10 PM I had this accident.