Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Suspended
Guide

The person was employed as a volunteer, not a psychic. And I think she told him meaningful experiences in her life instead of giving him a reading.

He often makes suicidal comments like He does not wear his seatbelt so he will die if he get in a car crash or hopes he gets into a car crash. I do not know how to deal with this. What I have done in past is tell him how important he is to me and I do not want anything bad happening to him. But it does not seem to help.
Old 28-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Did the hospital 'employ' this person in the role as a psychic? If not then she has overstepped the boundaries and behaved unethically by bringing in her own opinion, beliefs and practices, even if the patient started the topic.

Unless psychic feedback to patients is included in her brief anything deriving from her psychic actions needs to be discarded, including any comments about its merits.

Are we in the business of judging other people - who we may or may not know, and what they do - also unknown, in relation to other unknown people? If so, what does it serve... the judging mind or the heart?

Actually, everyone is psychic or intuitive to one degree or another and we may say things to people from that clear sensing for their benefit, which they can then accept or reject.

Xan

Old 28-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Suspended
Guide

Sorry for my poorly written sentence above. I was in a rush.

I agree, Xan. I think he needed someone like the psychic to give him the insight she did.
Old 28-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Master
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Are we in the business of judging other people - who we may or may not know, and what they do - also unknown, in relation to other unknown people? If so, what does it serve... the judging mind or the heart?

Actually, everyone is psychic or intuitive to one degree or another and we may say things to people from that clear sensing for their benefit, which they can then accept or reject.

Xan

I realize anyone can say anything to anybody and that's why a hospital might find themselves in legal hot water IF anything bad were to happen if perceived that this 'psychic' who just happens to work FOR or in conjunction with the hospital were viewed to have 'put ideas' that may or may not be well balanced or perceived as such by the patient or the patient's loved ones. The patient may very well be in such a frame of mind that they don't fully comprehend what is being said to them by a psychic - some people who claim to be psychic aren't always / necessarily a well balanced individual - just sayin'

It sounds, though as if it may have been a good thing in this particular instance. Not much of a 'story' in the way of details to go on...

Old 28-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Someone's first experience with a psychic was after he met one in a hospital room after a suicide attempt. The psychic worked as a volunteer to watch over patients in this type of situation. She opened him to a side he never believed in. My question is do you think he was meant to meet this psychic to open him up to this? I hate to say that he was meant to have a suicide attempt. What do you think? Do you think some people are meant to have suicide attempts?

Maybe his loved ones on the Other Side 'arranged' for him to meet this person to instruct him on the purpose of life and to give him hope and guidance to face the future?

Either way, the psychic is doing a wonderful thing there. Respect to her for her noble work.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-10-2012, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Twinkle i have met many people in my time some through friends who think they would benefit from speaking with me,others in other ways i am a medium but i am also a councellor, i speak to many ppl some who are reckless dont take notice of anything that can stop them being seriousely hurt other who just dont care, i never speak to anyone as a psychic until i know they are ready to recieve the information. as a councellor i dont disclose anything about myself.but because of my gifts i am able to get to the reason as to why they do the things they do quicker than most other ppl
if i hapen to be on the bus and the seat beside me is empty someone always comes sits there,you can guarantee by the time they get off they have told me their lifes stories.ive even had ppl thanking me for being on the bus at that time because they really needed to speak to someone who wouldnt judge them.ppl ive never seen before so ppl do come into your life for reasons that cannot always be explained

Namaste.
Old 29-10-2012, 02:41 PM
iolite

Twinkle...

I think that this person's guides have been frantically trying to help this tormented soul for a long time and when it landed him in the hospital, the psychic was led to help him as he was probably in a more receptive sate. No, I don't think that some people are meant to have suicide attempts, just that some are prone to them due to their fragile mental state and inability to cope with the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
Someone's first experience with a psychic was after he met one in a hospital room after a suicide attempt. The psychic worked as a volunteer to watch over patients in this type of situation. She opened him to a side he never believed in. My question is do you think he was meant to meet this psychic to open him up to this? I hate to say that he was meant to have a suicide attempt. What do you think? Do you think some people are meant to have suicide attempts?