Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Master
You are right Belle, it is an odd way to describe it, maybe because depending how we use the word it could have negative connotations, I didn't mean it that way, but as a way to delineate it from our eternal spirit aspect.

When my grandma died a few months ago it was from a stroke, she'd not recovered enough to recognize anyone in the family so I was concerned that perhaps she didn't know she was dead either and was lingering around the hospital unsure what was happening and I wanted to make sure she got off okay to wherever Spirits go after leaving the body.

So I dropped into meditation, asked Spirit to take the helm and find Grandma and moved into Observer State so I could basically Remote view travel along with Spirit. So focusing on my love for her Spirit was able to find her energetic signature and I was instantly in the hospital, where the trail was picked up the trail by the Reception Area, Grandma's signature went from there up through the roof, to a dimension where a beautiful sunset over a lake was happening, then up through a few layers which held different civilizations which the people were clothed in what I think of as Phoenician, then up through another sunset world where there was another pause to watch it, this time over a water way in heavily forested land, then she zoomed out through the stars a bit, then back shooting through more civilizations and city scenes. Each layer upwards became progressively drenched in golden light and detail less visible, by about ten layers/dimensions upwards things were becoming more essence than anything, and then white light began mixing into the golden and it became very hard to see what was being passed through.
Eventually my Spirit came to a layer which was total white out, this was roughly 20 layers from earth, though it was hard to count as those last 10 layers Spirit moved faster and faster, where we'd reached Spirit couldn't seem to go further upwards from or have sense which way 'upwards' was. So we couldn't move onwards through Grandma signature continued into even higher realms. There was a sense of knowing that because Spirit was in a body that it couldn't match to higher vibrations to continue upwards.

So I said "Let's rest and try again". So we were instantly back in bed, I got up went to the bathroom returned, dropped into meditation and asked Spirit to try again and very carefully stayed in Observer state and in
no-mind hoping it could help spirit get higher, but we ended up in the White Out place again, but much faster this time, pausing nowhere.

4 days later the family gathered to bury our Matriarch. My experience was very different than everyone else's who cried and wept and mourned. For me it was almost a party because Grandma had at last been free of her ailing aging body and had truly gone onto a better place and she'd wasted no time, barely pausing for a few sunsets and a brief spin out into the stars. Oh I cried with happiness and nostalgia when stories were told about her, and this warm liquid love infused all through me, but I never mourned. I was so happy for her, she'd wanted to go HOME for nearly 20 years, talked about it very often and finally she'd gotten her wish and I'd had the incredible honor thanks to Spirit of getting to follow her trail far enough to be absolutely assured that she'd gotten headed off int he right direction!

For me I had the greatest of Peace and Happiness, and there was great compassion for those who mourned her, for they didn't have the comfort and knowledge of what had happened to Grandma, though my words were exchanged saying she was in a better place, the family only believed it, they didn't have the Peace that comes from truly knowing it and thus being able to be thrilled for Grandma.

It was the oddest funeral I've ever been too in terms of experience, because I only knew joy for Grandma, like she'd won the lottery or something. About 10 years before my awakening my father passed away suddenly in a vehicle accident, I was wrecked, all I did was cry and weep. Being able to re-assure myself that Grandma was indeed alive in Spirit and had gone somewhere made all the difference in the two funerals and my reaction.

I'm in the place in the awakening process where I'm aware and in communication with Higher Self/ Spirit but still feel it's kinda this separate amazing Being inside of me that's me - but not me. Therefore I think of as me is the personality/ego/mind part. Many great teachers say this phase passes and we realize on a core level we are both, but i'm not there yet, that level of merging hasn't happened and I still experience Spirit as something as a separate Being that co-dwells with me in this body and my access to it is through stilling the mind/ego/personality.

That's why I said it like i did, our Spirit aspects know death is an illusion, it's the mind/personality/ego part that doesn't know therefore experiences grief and mourning.
Old 15-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Master

What a lovely story CrystalSong.

Dad's passing was a strange experience, it was expected, I had said goodbye, he had had dementia and so was all but gone from us anyhow.

However, when he did cross, the surge of emotion was immense. I wonder if I wept and still do as a sense of regret. We had had past life connections, he spent this life looking for me and not recognising me and so only recognised me after he had crossed. Also, I recognised a massive energy shift in the family dynamic which unsettled me considerably. I love the sense of him with me, I love the knowledge of where he is, but it is very very bittersweet.

I love your definition as it being mind / body that is in the grief, I think it is hard as we are earthly creatures with earthly emotions etc, as we become more aware we see those earthly responses for what they are - but I also think that is part of our journey and when we are presented with periods of sadness, through our sadness we cna find comfort in the blessed mother earth.
Old 15-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Master
That change in the family dynamics is difficult for sure Belle and dangling things like that it may have been part of your fathers plans to recognize you in this life but being unable to certainly leave us very unsettled and questioning.

Grandmother was the glue that held our family together in love, after her passing the family, her remaining children separated to go be with their own children and new grandchildren. The next big family get-togethers will be funerals, not potlucks, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial Days and 4th of July. That time is over now. *le sigh*

This story might be helpful in some way for you Bella.
Just before my father died he came to me in a lucid dream, in which I was with my mother and brother out in the hills, we parked the car on a bridge and on the other side was an old homestead falling over and infested with freaky cats with mange.

There were huge piles of garbage beside the falling down house and my mother and brother couldn't wait to go digging through them, I however knew not to step off the bridge, not to cross over it but didn't know why, i was seized in refusal to go with them yet not understanding why that was, just that it would be life altering to join them and the sun was getting ready to set and I had to make a decision to be on one side of that bridge or the other before the sun set and it was critically important, yet I felt I couldn't leave them because there was danger they couldn't perceive due to their fixation on what treasures they might find in the refuse piles.

I kept calling to them, warning them to get back on the bridge where it was safe. They just kept calling me to come down to them.
My father suddenly walked onto the bridge holding my little brothers hand who'd past on when he was a tender 8 years old. It was very surprising to see my father and passed away brother together, but my concern was so great for my mother and brother that I hardly noticed it.

My father said "This is not your Path, it is theirs, you have another Path, Take his hand and leave the bridge, go to the fork in the road. I'll go on ahead and get help." He left and I took my brothers little hand and we walked away from the falling down house and refuse piles as the sun began to slip below the horizon and darkness closed in behind us.

The dream was so disturbing it woke me up. It was a precociousness dream and I knew someone I loved was going to die, but thought it was a girlfriend or Grandma. I was haunted by it for three days solid, deeply disturbed like waiting for an axe to fall.
I was out in the garden when the phone rang, it was my Uncle, when he said a tractor had rolled over on my father and killed him my scream split the neighborhood as I fell to the ground.

It took many years for all the elements of the dream to unfold, now I understand why my mother and brother had chosen refuse pile with different things in them, what those things in the piles represented, what the falling down house was, the mangled purple cats, what the bridge represented and indeed why my Path was to be different and I had to leave the bridge before the sunset.

My father couldn't, while still in body help our family, he had to pass over and help from the other side, there was no other way to get through to any of us, it was his great love for us that allowed him to cross the veil and help from the other side.

Perhaps something similar is true for you Belle and your father? He couldn't do what he intended from this side and had to cross over to be more effective - to see who he really was and to see who you really are to him eternally and thus fulfill whatever it was that was his intention from the other side in a place of full knowing/full seeing?
Old 15-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Thank you Tobi.

If it is egoic to mourn and with tears, I'm fine with that but I find it strange to describe it as such.

You know Belle, I was thinking this exact same thought today. And there is more to the mourning with tears than anything "egoic". In fact I found this can open the Heart, and the Soul can often find a kind of Grace. It can strip away egoic things, in fact. It's a kind of spiritual surrender.
I agree with you -I don't think we should judge the emotions or spiritual catharsis of grief as something ego-centered.
Old 25-07-2013, 02:24 PM
SMacGregor

Overcoming grief or grief depression over a loss of a child, family member, serious illness such as cancer, or death of a pet is a difficult process. Whether the departure of a loved one is sudden, or has been anticipated over a period of time, we experience a powerful and complex range of emotions of grief – including disbelief, shock, anger, hatred, guilt, loss of faith, fear of the future, loneliness, regret. Going through this is a normal part of the grieving process and is necessary to reconcile ourselves in some way so that we can move on from the experience to become a better, stronger person with a greater sense of purpose in life as a result.

Regards,
Sandy MacGregor
Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Newbie ;)

My experiences with death and crying have changed since I started practicing death awareness as a spiritual exercise about two years ago. Before I hadn't cried at relatives funerals, but now, depending on how in touch with this truth I am, I may cry simply remembering someone I knew has died, or watching movies involving death and so on.

Nobody denies intellectually they will die, nor will they argue that they don't know when this will happen, but this is not the same as truly integrating these fundamental truths of reality into who we are so that they may impact our decisions and the way we live our lives in each moment. This is the reason for death awareness, bc for most, death is not truly something that could happen to them this afternoon, and our choices reflect that.

Sadness for me, isn't about the one who passed as much as it is the non permanence and unpredictability of my own life and reminds me of how I wish it were different. But sadness of death, when fully allowed, can open me to experientially feel the inherent meaning and value that exists in this very moment. Its a bit of a double edged sword bc death at anytime mocks any sort of time based activity, including ones own history or very identity, but it also sparks an incredible fire in oneself to do what's meaningful now, to not waste any time on the trivial and go out and get what one really wants bc if you can truly see that you could go at any moment, what is there left to lose?