Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 25-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Seeker

Question Lucid Dreams and Mirrors

I have been trying to lucid dream for months and it's finally been happening. The past four nights in a row, I've had them. They don't last long as I tend to get excited but I'm learning to calm myself down. Last night was a very vivid and odd one that I would like opinions on!

I don't remember when I realized I was lucid but it was in a room with my brother. I looked around and made a comment about how well I was doing (staying calm and in control). I then noticed a mirror and decided to take a look at myself.

I looked like I usually do except in my reflection, I had three eyes. The third was not on my forehead, but more so on the bridge of my nose and seemed to sometimes merge back and forth with my right eye, almost vibrating. The next thing was my nose. One of my nostrils got large and turned a brilliant blue color, almost glowing. I thought to myself that I could take a selfie to show my friends but then reminded myself I was in a dream, haha. This is where things got scary for me. I opened my mouth and I had two or three rows of bottom teeth. I suddenly found my reflection terrifying and my forehead turned black.

After the mirror, the dream seemed to become a nightmare. I was suddenly on a train car (sort of) in the middle of a forest at night, with my brother. Our car had no walls or a ceiling so we were exposed completely. I watched as a giant rat came out of a room in the cart in front of us, followed by two more. They all piggy-backed on each other and ran away, not even seeming to notice us. I turned around and a giant bear was chasing the train, which was not going very fast. I felt more and more afraid. I looked around at the dark forest and night sky and saw my face everywhere. Huge. Sometimes it was just a portion of my face, sometimes the whole thing. The eyes were all looking directly at me It enveloped the sky and it was all I could see through the tree branches. Then I noticed a giant teddy bear in the forest, as large as my faces were. I decided that was enough for me and told myself to wake up and did.

Not too sure why the giant animals but I am a lot more interested in the mirror. I have seen myself in mirrors before in dreams, but never a lucid one. I sort of feel like the fear of my reflection is what turned the dream scary, as I felt so disturbed by how odd my teeth were, along with my forehead turning black. I wondered if the eyes were maybe related to my Third Eye? I would love some opinions. Sorry this is long and thank you!

I would also like to mention that although it took a creepy turn, the dream was extremely exciting for me. It felt like a breakthrough in lucid dreaming and I was very emotional when I woke up. I wrote it all down immediately so I wouldn't forgot. I'm hoping maybe another one will happen tonight!
Old 25-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Master
yours is the 3rd dream with bears, or teddy bears that i've come across here
in the last 3 days -- it's become a trend it seems. lol.
okay, your brother is present, but he doesn't appear to be an active character...
he may be representational for you acting in conjunction with the energy of
your generation (you're a part of a society of people, not going solo). even
if there are times when you seem alone, there are others who are undergoing
the same challenges, so you are not truly alone in a sense.
the lucidity is indicating your awareness; your conscious mind is present
within the dream world.
the mirroring seems to remain present throughout the dream, so the entire
episode is of you reflecting on yourself in varied manners (when you're
seeing your face everywhere -- that's the mirror effect).
the third eye is definitely relating to the mind's eye chakra, despite it's odd
placement... the blue color at the nostril is associated with that too.
the rows of teeth brings sharks to my mind, and i'm wanting to think that it's
some sorta recognition of yours of evolving from a "lower form" of life.
perhaps your humble origins seem frightful to you?
the forehead turning black may mean that you just don't wanna see that
aspect of yourself (darkness is for hiding things, the opposite of illumination).

the seeming nightmare: you are traveling by train with your brother -- trains
are a community conveyance (not for lone travelers, as cars say), so this is
speaking to an experience common to your generation of people. you are
"completely exposed", meaning that you've no boundaries/barriers with the
world at large [you don't need them!].
i'm not picking up on what the rats represent, but it seems to be an energy from
an earlier generation (which is oblivious to you at any rate), and no threat.
the bear: i'm drawn to the idea of Russia in relation to that (it's a mascot
for them). as with another recently shared dream, the bear morphs into a
teddy bear (a supposed threat becomes cuddly and innocuous).

you are on a life journey, and developing your mind's eye awareness.
in future, use your lucidity to choose happiness within the dream setting
(you don't need to be "reactive" to events; awareness provides choice).
happiness makes everything "lighter", which means more illumined, and
more informed; it is better in tune with truth as well, since heaven is a
place of joy.
Old 26-08-2016, 04:33 AM
Seeker

Thank you for your reply! The dream is still very clear in my mind but I'm not as disturbed by parts of it as I was before. I have definitely been trying to expand my awareness and progress spiritually so I am excited by the idea of reflecting on myself. As for my brother, I would also like to note that we are very close and he is my rock in many difficult situations. I felt glad that he was with me throughout the dream.

I also noticed the trend of bears when browsing, haha. I'm thinking maybe the rats were because we currently have one hiding out somewhere in our garage, haha.

I'm hoping to have more lucid dreams in the near future so I can practice my control of them and keeping them happy and light. I tend to mainly become lucid if I sense I am in danger or about to get hurt. I'd like to be able to be lucid at any given moment.

Again thank you for your reply, I appreciate the input! :)
Old 26-08-2016, 05:29 AM
Master
you're welcome.
i'm thinking that your waking and sleep states may be 'merging', which is
actually a great idea from my point of view.
lucidity gives you choice; in waking life, people try to control/manipulate
circumstances, so that they can achieve a happy state (true?). in a dreamscape
environment, you might wish to control your emotions (towards happiness
naturally!), and allow the circumstances to match your vibration.

it's good to have a sibling that provides stability; i have a sister.