Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
CJ82Sky

silvergirl - actually riding, even dressage, is a full body workout if you are actively riding (as opposed to being a passenger). it burns a lot of calories and i find will have me more sore than weightlifting because it uses the muscles in a totally different way than any other exercise. there is DEFINITELY a difference though between some basic dressage and lessons and training and actively working with and training horses for cadence and balance and so on. i also do a lot of no stirrup work and so on to keep fit and often i am just as winded as my horses are after a good workout! hard to explain but definitely yes it's an exercise.

dreams - so true! i actually pretty much gave up coffee just bc i found my body needing tea more often.

as for attitude that's huge too - the more i focus on WEIGHT the less i find i weigh. i did something interesting on my wii fit last week now that you mention it - i did the fit test and it said i had gained a pound since the last measurement. well i immediately repeated the test (and i've done this before and it's usually accurate within a tenth of a pound or so because it is electronic obv) and i *thought* lighter. and i was more than a pound LESS than my last weight - an instant full 2 POUND difference in a matter of seconds. i had also cleared myself of negative energy. so i wonder how much stress is literally weighing me down. i will certainly keep that in mind :)

thanks all for the great advice. im happy to keep this thread going with progress as well as welcome everyone else to share their stories! what a great encouragement!

i also do marketing for an italian restaurant so once a week (fridays) i do eat there (can't turn down excellent gourmet food for free!!), however i've been focusing on having dishes cooked in natural olive oil rather than greasy alternatives, and focused on fish and salads and veggies and avoiding pastas and what not because i know that will help.

thanks again all!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Master
Yes, about dressage, and horsebackriding in general ~ I have to tell you something, and that is in the mid 80's I was very active, I did crunches, free weights, dance, riding, and with all that, I believe the horseback riding is the most subtle but effective way to strengthen your core muscles. When I had my baby boy via c-section, my ex was in the or with me and he said the doc said as he cut me open, "...great abs, great abs."

BUT it's really important when you have a lot of weight to lose, to change up your exercise routines. I think that's why I did so well way back then. Now, I'm older, have more serious health issues that slows my progress.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:01 PM
CJ82Sky

and yes ive heard of P90X - i just don't have the time for that so i've chosen to focus on activities that compliment riding. riding more as the weather is warmer will help too (after work and so on). when i was riding 3-4d a week i was a lot fitter but i want to do more in ADDITION to that so need to eat healthy too (ixnay on the wings and beers for a while haha other than an occasional break)
Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
CJ82Sky

very true silvergirl and yes to core muscles and riding! thighs too if you ride my clyde cross who is a tank haha!

and yup agreed on changing up the routine - as i was just posting before i saw your reply, riding more will help but i need to do more than just that - hence wii fit, yoga ball crunches, and eating healthy ;)

i'm really enjoying this thread which is saying a lot coming from a notorious "i'll eat what a want and do what i want" former state of minder haha!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
okay so im about 20 - 30 pounds overweight - nothing awful but i want to get healthier. i've been eating a lot better, more organics, more veggies, etc., and exercising on average 3x a week on my wii fit for a min of 30m a workout (usually more like 45 - 1h) and i ride about 4 horses every weekend (if not more) and clean 4 stalls. yet im NOT losing weight. been at this seriously for about 6 weeks...

initially (this past fall) from sept - nov i lost about 10 pounds with doing nothing extra other than taking vitamins and going back to work ft in an office and eating soups and salads (which i still do). i gained about 8 pounds over the holidays and am just stuck there.

i'm back to taking vit b and others, as well as now i drink tea rather than softdrinks and other garbage, and it still doesn't seem to matter. i'm VERY frustrated.

is there anything else i can do? i am carrying a tigers eye (red) and a tiger iron to help with metabolism but wasn't sure what else i could do to help!?! even massage and reiki are now a regular part of my life that it wasn't this fall. it's most frustrating bc i lost 10 pounds with no effort, and now with a lot more effort im not losing anything at all and even potentially gained a few pounds. please help!
Here's a piece of information that might prove useful! I was unable to lose weight also. I could not exercise, so that didn't help, but I was following an excellent, balanced, healthy program of eating (Weight Watchers) and the weight was not budging. When I consulted with a healer, I found out I had a severe infestation of candida overgrowth all throughout my body!! He cleared and removed that for me, and I started losing weight in a healthy, slow and steady fashion Not only does extreme Candida overgrowth inhibit weight loss, it is quite dangerous to the body systems and organs and can cause any number of serious problems. It will also produce high levels of anxiety!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I have similar situation.
Could be age, as I've noticed that as I grow older it becomes harder and harder to lose lbs when I do gain them. But that doesn't bum me out. On the contrary, for whatever reason I've been able to fully embrace that knowledge and incorporate it into my lifestyle. I've eliminated all carbs, dairy, sugar, salt, meat and processed food from my diet. Everything I eat is natural. For example, I used a new cooking sauce a couple weeks back, and only realized afterwards that it had some chemical ingredients in it. When I stopped to think about it, I realized it had been several months since I had ingested anything that wasn't 100% natural. And that makes me feel good about myself and inspires me to continue on this path.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
I seriously think going on radical liquid diets is extremely risky and terrible advise.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
CJ82Sky

eeps to the candida stuff that is scary!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I seriously think going on radical liquid diets is extremely risky and terrible advise.

Way back when, it was mostly the liquid diet, but not totally.

Nowadays I do both, but I will include healthy things like almonds, a variety of different types of nuts, soups (non-cream-based, well e xcept for broccoli soup), baked potatoes with minimal butter, no sour cream, fresh apples, pears, no crackers, no pizza, etc.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Master
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Here's a piece of information that might prove useful! I was unable to lose weight also. I could not exercise, so that didn't help, but I was following an excellent, balanced, healthy program of eating (Weight Watchers) and the weight was not budging. When I consulted with a healer, I found out I had a severe infestation of candida overgrowth all throughout my body!! He cleared and removed that for me, and I started losing weight in a healthy, slow and steady fashion Not only does extreme Candida overgrowth inhibit weight loss, it is quite dangerous to the body systems and organs and can cause any number of serious problems. It will also produce high levels of anxiety!

How does a healer find those things and what do they do to rid your body of them? I think the standard modern way is to use antibiotics, isn't it?