Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Knower
Can you choose what era you're born to?

I've heard it said many times that before we reincarnate we decide on the course of our life and even when we'll die. We choose which life to experience. What I want to know is can you choose which era you're born into or must you continue on the timeline we have at present? Is it possible to go back and relive the same life you had before in the same era but make different choices?
Old 31-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Knower

I hope so, I have no interest into reincarnating into the future! At least not for my next life, anyways! I really want to come back as someone who doesn't exist within this reality; my twin sister.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
I've heard it said many times that before we reincarnate we decide on the course of our life and even when we'll die. We choose which life to experience. What I want to know is can you choose which era you're born into or must you continue on the timeline we have at present? Is it possible to go back and relive the same life you had before in the same era but make different choices?
The "YOU" who chooses isn't the same "you" who "you" know to be now. When "you" die, it is like waking up from a dream, so "YOU" have a different opinion of what "YOU" want, and what is good for "YOU", than "you" have now.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Master

As one can never know what each era will bring, it is unlikely going to be a factor in the choices. While yes one can decide when, but usually it is when the Soul is ready in conjunction with other soul contracts.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Wish I could reincarnate in certain past time eras again rather than in the future...
I am still yearning for a more simple life.
"Because when you are not happy, it will be raining still."
------------------------------------------------------
No matter who you are, no matter your gender, color of skin, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, music taste or what ever, I fail to see any difference here.
Old 13-09-2018, 12:35 AM
Newbie ;)

I believe that the particular society you will be born into in your next life and therefore the particular physical existence you will have is wholly and entirely determined by the state of your soul at the moment of your death in this life.

Your soul is characterised by the particular and specific actions you take in this life as governed by your own free will. In other words, every individual usually has at least 2 options to choose from before they choose to act on one of them. Whichever path the individual chooses to take [accompanied by the subsequent concomitant physical action], is entirely the choice of the individual - and initiated through the application of their own free will.

The state of your free will equates with the state of your soul. At any given moment in time, your soul/free will is represented by a standing wave which is a static point in time. The amplitude of the standing wave is determined by the state of your soul/free will. No individual can hide from the amplitude of their own soul/free will consciousness.

At the moment of your death, the amplitude of your soul immediately resonates in synchronicity with the collective consciousness of a planet, [in the infinity of planets which exists in the universe ] where the amplitude of the collective consciousness of the society which exists on the surface of that planet exactly harmonises with the particular state of your soul at the moment of your death in this life.

This process of reincarnation represents the ultimate definition of karma.
Old 15-09-2018, 11:05 PM
Newbie ;)

I believe God chooses. In my beliefs, reincarnation is purgatory, if we're faithful to God but haven't found the right path, we're reincarnated until we can.
Old 15-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfStars
I believe God chooses. In my beliefs, reincarnation is purgatory, if we're faithful to God but haven't found the right path, we're reincarnated until we can.

Because every individual possesses free will, the kind of life we lead is down to each individual. If we are good or evil in this life, it is because that is the path we have chosen. If we know that the state of our soul at the moment of our death in this life determines the kind of existence we will have in our next life, then as the present physical custodian of our own immortal soul, we therefore represent the present living God of our own soul. So God does not choose whether your soul will enter Heaven therefore at the moment of your death, you do.
Old 17-09-2018, 05:26 AM
Knower
Time isn't linear up in soul space. Everything that has happened, hasn't happened, and is happening, is all happening in one big happening.

Your soul chose to incarnate in THIS era, remember that! For good reason too. This is a pivotal moment on Earth. We are in what is called "dark ages" but moving into the transitioning into an ascension of new earth. Chances are if you are following a spiritual path on this Earth's linear day and age, you chose to incarnate to uplift humanity towards their awakening, to spread light, and to experience all the unique beauty and mystery this Earth has to offer!
Enjoy it. You already chose this era to be born in :)
When your next life comes around, you'll choose again, perhaps in a different way of existence and time far from our Earth, and the you then will also wonder if they can choose to be born in another place or time. . .
Old 26-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillity
That would be nice to be able to do that. I quite like living in this era, because there are lots of opportunities and so many fun things to do. The future doesn't appeal to me. There's not one futuristic movie where I think, 'Yeah, that would be so cool to live there'. I've often wondered though if it would be possible to be reincarnated in the past. If linear time does not really exist, then maybe that means you can reincarnate whenever want. Maybe life is like the Holodeck in Star Trek, you just program in where you're going each time.