Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 05-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLover33
A union or even a meeting with your Twin Self is extremely rare. I am always skeptical when someone claims they have met their Twin Flame and are together now. It's the same as saying, "I have done the Great Work, and am enlightened now." It's a very spiritually advanced topic and not meant for mainstream consumption. So I believe that promoting the Twin Flame stuff, can be quite criminal, in the unnecessary pain and embarrassment it causes people. Majority of us, I would say about 98% confuse the experience with limerence and come up with all sorts of reasons why our Twin Self ran away from us when in reality it's simply unrequited love, infatuation, obsession, or the adrenaline rush has faded away. These are all common human experiences. A union of the Twin Self mimics the union of the masculine and feminine divine, Yin and Yang, Isis and Osiris, they are the two who move as one. In life, there is a mirroring effect, in which we see parts of our Twin Self in other people, this leads to a lot of confusion, and is why people think they have multiple Twin Flames or have met them and are together now, but it's just a mirroring effect that is occurring. Psychologically speaking, we all have a certain type of person we are attracted to, and we keep being attracted to the same person in multiple partners. I believe this is why in certain traditions pieces of the soul have to be retrieved as a way of seeking wholeness from within.

I have to say, I completely agree! I guess I should really say that I don't believe in tfs. What I equate my experience with is more along the lines of the "eternal soulmate" in Hermetics. I don't care much for the "new age" and all these new age type websites.
I also have to say, all of this multiple tf stuff seems to stem from confusion. It seems like some are just equating every connection they ever had to being a tf. With the intensity and amount of lessons that one tf presents, I don't really see how anyone could handle going through it multiple times in one lifetime. I have never heard of this mirroring effect with aspects in multiple people, but I think that after reading this forum for several years, it makes sense.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Knower

If there is matrix from beginning of time, & there are soul families, I think there can be multiple t.f.'s.. I had not idea about t.f.'s until I had my first experience & we both read about t.f's.. I am not young, not that that matters...
My first experience is as an older person (my conscious first experience)...
I think of these connections, meaning love, & whomever/however love plays out in a person's life.. as the Indian blanket.. where each one is somewhat different... Maybe a person does not have an opposite as such, but would not need or experience the conscious t.f... I think my orig. t.f. experience his sister is his twin ray (different than twin flame).. I have met several that I believe it is more like a brother or sister type of connection, the twin ray.. The t.f.'s I met (I ascribe the sites of which makes sense & my experience where there are 7 t.f.'s).. I believe each person has different experiences because God created each person unique.. so the connections would not be some exacting format.. this person says so it is this way... if God Is & Creator (& whatever Source a person attests to)... then it would not be each person or group of souls a copy paste exact of another.
I DO respect that not everyone would experience a t.f. or twin ray... that maybe it is more like a soul mate connection in the way it plays out...
I love the 12 tribes & too even when discussing the fall of man, original sin for instance.. if Adam & Eve, "eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil," and God Is Love.. Death & rebirth, eternal life, is about love & God's Perogative of how HE does it.. Source.. Light.. Love..
God can do anything God Wants.. I'm not arguing.. I DO respect each one's beliefs as to how they see it & for themselves. When someone jumps over & says... ok no.. this is now how it is.. for someone else.. I don't agree.
I can accept each person's reality is different.. & purposed.
If someone tells me I am nuts.. well that is their opinion but it does not have to be my reality... Someone says, you are broken, I can say no I am healed.
:) If Light & Love & God (Source) are same.. then to me it's like the Indian Rugs.. each one is unique & purposed..
I rebuke that which is not perfect in HIM (Source).
Not disagreeing with people's perspectives.. however, I think part of this is allowing each one to have their reality.. & that is part of my healing.
Old 05-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Master
I originally started this thread a couple of years ago. I am leaning towards thinking these are just temporary (some might say karmic) connections reflecting where we're at spiritually during that time. And I would still argue that unfortunately when we get hung on this idea of them being this true other half for us we struggle to move on when necessary and continue to grow and attract a healthier (or alternately higher frequency connection). When I look back on all my connections I thought were twin flames, I think they were only just reflecting the me I was then, and that mirroring effect can be extremely powerful growth-wise, at least if you let it. But there often comes a time to move on, as it is with most relationships. We are supposedly eternal beings with so many souls we love in so many different ways. I think limiting that can become problematic. At least for myself relationships have transformed me into a person with more love and experience and greater personality. If I had resisted that hinged on a fantastical idea like twin flames, I wouldn't be the awesome person I am today
Old 05-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
We are supposedly eternal beings with so many souls we love in so many different ways. I think limiting that can become problematic.
I agree, it's the deep connections which is important, not just with a one and only.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
I wouldn't be the awesome person I am today

Hello LadyMay,

Yes you are awesome!

Regards,
Old 06-10-2019, 12:09 AM
Ascender

For me, a tf is more than just someone that you love. To me, a tf is someone that is an integral part of your spiritual awakening and with whom you experience accelerated growth.
I have been in love at least several times throughout my life, but I would not call them all a tf. I have even had love-type connections with people since meeting my tf, but still, would not call them my tf.
So it is not limiting how many people you can experience love with at all, that is endless. But in my case, only one played an integral part of my awakening. There have been several people that I have loved that I could easily have ended up in long-term relationships with and been happy. I just do not believe that makes them all a tf.

Just because I used the term "eternal soulmate" does not mean it was more like a soulmate, actually a lot of the stuff that I had read about tfs was taken from this concept. This person is more than just a love or someone you love, they play an integral part in the awakening process.

I do not believe that all connections are temporary nor do I believe they are all about karma. I have had a few connections that have lasted a long duration. A few that are platonic and have remained friends for decades. Even with the person I had dubbed my "near tf"; after 16 years of separation, when we spoke again it was clear that the connection was still there. Some connections never fully "die", although they may go doormat with no contact. And we settled our karma with each other so I do not believe the connection remains present due to karma.
I believe we have some soul connections in which we just have a bond and connection that never dies, even with years, decades or lifetimes of separation, when we find each other again, we feel it.

In fact, my "near tf" is a good example of someone that I could easily end up with if the circumstances were right and be happy. Yet I would not call him another tf, because he did not have a huge part in my awakening. I'm not saying we do not learn some things from each person we come into contact with that contributes to our awakening, because clearly we do. But with the tf, he specifically played a very integral part in my awakening. There are other things I have experienced with my tf that I did not experience with him too, such as the deep telepathy, psychic dreams, total feeling of comfort and activation of my third eye.

So to me, those are the things of a tf, not just being in love. I also do not feel that I have a lot of karma with my tf. We don't seem to have a lot of karma between each other to work through, we just bring out each others issues.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Knower

I'm 98% in the camp of not believing in the restrictiveness of the "twin flame" phenomenon. I did, a long time ago, I met somebody I felt a strong connection with and wanted to understand my experience (I was in the throes of my spiritual journey, bordering on delusional) However, I was then introduced to love in another way, as two people, who connect and that anyone can do that if there is love and understanding, even our differences. As long as there is respect for the person being themselves, we can be open to loving and living with them. So that's where I'm at, a non believer in twin flames but a believer in love all the same.