Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 31-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
How Do I Turn It Off and On At Will?

I have all the clairs, but my storngest one is clairaudience followed by clairvoyance.

For the past year-and-a-half, I have found that I can just be lying in bed with my eyes closed and I will get 'impressions' of the visual and auditory sort. Sometimes they seem to be a mere reflection of my thoughts (both positive and negative). Often, they are symbolic and insightful (especially the visual ones) and with these, it's though I'm dreaming while wide awake. Still others, prove to be precognitive or telepathic.

However, I am finding this all to be a bit too busy for my liking and with too much information I'm feel overwhelmed in handling it all about a few days out of the week.

I do meditate but, frankly, that too can be rendered 'ablaze' with all of the above these days.

I am not sure what could've have triggered this except, perhaps, feeling overly bombarded by information in my waking life when I'd rather just take an indefinite retreat somewhere in nature with no phone, no internet, no television, etc. Alas, I cannot do that anytime soon in the foreseeable future.

How do I turn this off and on at will? Can anyone make some suggestions here? Has anyone here experienced something similar to this? I can always seem to turn it on further if I wish to. What I mean by this is, I can ask a certain question and then get an 'answer' via a symbol, or some words spoken to me, or in a dream - sometimes immediately and, other times, within a day or two. But I just cannot seem to turn it completely off when I want to. And when I do turn it 'off,' how do I get it back 'on' again and to a point I can tolerate?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:46 AM
Master
I have something similar with the imagery that happens with me. Only it usually occurs right before bed some nights, I also hear things more right before bed.

Certain nights the imagery will come and keep coming before bed.

Sometimes voices will bother me right before bed. I have neither figured a way to shut anything off, nor have I tried. What I have done instead is willfully ignore such things if I currently am not putting it to use in any way. If I am not actively reading for another trying to develop ability, then I try not to let extra imagery bother me. I find a lot of the imagery that comes to me can be splendidly beautiful. A lot of this I would like to draw. I should get going on a sketch pad and pick up some drawing supplies.

Perhaps if you can find yourself able to give the voices or images their space, perhaps you could break and write a little of what you hear down, perhaps then it may let up a little?

I don't know what to tell you as I've never tried to shut anything down or turn it off. Perhaps not focusing too much on it when it happens may help to quiet it?

Best of luck to you.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
How do I turn this off and on at will? Can anyone make some suggestions here? Has anyone here experienced something similar to this? I can always seem to turn it on further if I wish to. What I mean by this is, I can ask a certain question and then get an 'answer' via a symbol, or some words spoken to me, or in a dream - sometimes immediately and, other times, within a day or two. But I just cannot seem to turn it completely off when I want to. And when I do turn it 'off,' how do I get it back 'on' again and to a point I can tolerate?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi,

My understanding and my experience has been that the higher self is our conduit for these kinds of communication. Speaking with your higher self on this when your experiences get beyond your tolerance level will work.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My understanding and my experience has been that the higher self is our conduit for these kinds of communication. Speaking with your higher self on this when your experiences get beyond your tolerance level will work.

John

John

Can you speak please a bit to this:

Insights, revelations, transcendental knowledge constantly coming. One day the request goes out "stop". It stops.

Is this the end?

BT

OP - apologies for intervening in your thread. I hope you will forgive that
Old 02-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Eelco

I find stopping to pay attention to it and immersing myself with mundane tasks helps.

Diging in the garden. Washing dishes. Mopping the floor.
Gives some respite. In my case I tend to get overwhelmed when i have too much time doing nothing.

On occasion It can be as simple as trying to integrate the insights into NOW. one way of doing that I find is writing down what's coming in, how that would relate to my current circumstances and write a plan/to do list on how I will work with the material.

With Love
Eelco
Old 02-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
John

Can you speak please a bit to this:

Insights, revelations, transcendental knowledge constantly coming. One day the request goes out "stop". It stops.

Is this the end?

BT

OP - apologies for intervening in your thread. I hope you will forgive that

Hi,

Not the end if that is your truest desire. The goal is to achieve balance in all things. Seeking balance is our prime directive as divine humanoid creatures.

What gives us the most grief in this matter is the human intellect. It represents, by design, a frightened child. It can not relate or even begin to rationalize intuitive knowing. Yet it must obey the human consciousness. The hard part for most is discovering how to send that proper message to your intellect.

Enter the higher self. All that personal wisdom to accomplish any task resides in that aspect of self. That knowledge is not brought forth with commands but with a loving investment is building an integrated bond with all that you are.

That process involves your heart's and your 3rd eye's involvment. For heart centered reasoning and intuitive sensing are required to properly discuss things with your higher self.

So that is essentially my very brief overview on how I view Seeking Balance.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Thank you for sharing your perspective John.

It is appreciated

BT