Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 18-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Plato wrote down what he heard from someone else, he wasn't tapping into stuff.

I think a very advanced race should surely have left traces behind. All of this is probably very allegorical, and if one reads Plato's work that makes a lot of sense actually.
Likely that, plus some real events (Santorini) mixed together to make sense of a distant past they had no direct knowledge of.

Well they were consumed by the ocean leaving any evidence of a civilisation buried deep within. But I also heard Atlantians fled to places like Egypt and that documents of their existence do in fact exist but have no been excavated yet. So existence and exist are existent in existence!
Old 18-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014
Well they were consumed by the ocean leaving any evidence of a civilisation buried deep within. But I also heard Atlantians fled to places like Egypt and that documents of their existence do in fact exist but have no been excavated yet. So existence and exist are existent in existence!
A continent or big island consumed by the ocean? We would have evidence if this was the case, Atlantis is said to have happened around 10.000-8000 b.c.
It just doesn't work in geology. Santorini is very likely though..

And if documents exist they have been discovered.
Old 18-12-2010, 03:31 PM
grazier

Quote:
Plato wrote down what he heard from someone else, he wasn't tapping into stuff.

I think a very advanced race should surely have left traces behind. All of this is probably very allegorical, and if one reads Plato's work that makes a lot of sense actually.
Likely that, plus some real events (Santorini) mixed together to make sense of a distant past they had no direct knowledge of.

Hi Chrysaetos

But they did! What about the mysteries of the world? The Pyramids (in Egypt and elswhere), the Sphinx, the Crystal Skulls, the Easter Island statues, Stonehenge and other standing stones etc. etc.

There had to be advanced technological, astronomical, knowledgeable civilizers. Where did all the knowledge and advanced technology suddenly come from and why did it get lost? the answer is that it came from the remnants of a very advanced civilization and as the descendants died out the knowledge and technology got forgotten. There are many instances of advanced technology, take telescopic lenses, for instance - they were used in the time of the Pharoahs and before. Many have been found plus they were used in burials. And what about the glass eyes used in some mummies?

There has also been evidence, both geological and structural, of buried civilizations.

The most common and most logical belief is that it is situated in the North Atlantic near the Pillars of Hercules. The Azores islands are believed to be remnants of the mountains of Atlantis, as is Ireland.

There are also some very good books on the subject and a lot of them give evidential and confirmational data of previously channelled data.

Blessings

grazier
Old 18-12-2010, 03:38 PM
grazier

Quote:
A continent or big island consumed by the ocean? We would have evidence if this was the case, Atlantis is said to have happened around 10.000-8000 b.c.
It just doesn't work in geology. Santorini is very likely though..

And if documents exist they have been discovered.

What about the floods? There is evidence of these, plus every civilzation has records of the great flood in one way or another.

There was and is evidence of many volcanoes and earthquakes, now under the sea bed, in the Azores area. that is a very susceptible area of the Earths crust in the Atlantic Ocean.

Not all documents have been discovered. Many have also been destroyed i.e. The burning of the Great Library at Alexandria, the arising of the Roman Church, the Spanish Inquisition and conquests.

There are documents held by many institutions, locked away in secret, because of the fear that they would lose control if they were released.

The Church holds many, also the Masons hold many among others.

Blessings

grazier

Last edited by grazier : 18-12-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 18-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Master
Atlantis was the original Eden. The place where spirits first started populated the Earth for the sake of creating a community and world in the three dimensional plane. Sadly spiritual entities split in half between those who worshiped the One God and those who worshiped their own Self. And thus over 100,000 Atlantis saw ups and downs and struggles and eventually destroyed itself due to these satan/self-worshipers. And the descendants of Atlantis spread to Egypt, Mayan/Native American, India, and northern Europe. Thus the universal connection to God as being The SUN in all these traditions. Because at that time "The Son" dwelt harmoniously in Atlantis on one side of the group those who kept attune with Father and Mother God.

Lemuria was the place where spirits first descended into lower matter and began to incarnate into whatever they pleased. That is why many souls have animal past life memories, certain physical appendage out of whack, webbed feet, tree men over in china, elephant ittis, etc are all the result or effect of souls having misused the incarnation process. This happened on Lemuria. And sadly the Atlantean group I mentioned named the self-worshipers were called by Atlanteans as Sons of Belial (wickedness/worthlessness) and they tormented, tortured, and used the humanimals for sexual pleasure and enslavement. The Sons of Belial type later reincarnated in history as the prophets of Baal who defied Elijah and Elisha, and even Caiaphas and his Pharisees.

This is why in ancient Hinduism there are many references to animal God-men because there were those who were part animal, part mannish and who were reattaining oneness with the Divine and seen as a savior or helper for others trapped in their grotesque bodies to reattain awareness of the divinity within.
Old 18-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
What about the mysteries of the world? The Pyramids (in Egypt and elswhere), the Sphinx, the Crystal Skulls, the Easter Island statues, Stonehenge and other standing stones etc. etc.
What's so mysterious about the pyramids? The crystal skulls have been proven to be a fake. The mystery about Easter Island has been decoded.
Are we that close minded to think ancient humans are too stupid to figure things out by themselves? They had the tools and the brains to do what they did.
Quote:
There had to be advanced technological, astronomical, knowledgeable civilizers. Where did all the knowledge and advanced technology suddenly come from and why did it get lost?
What do you mean with ''suddenly''? Ancient civilisations had thousands of years to get to the stage they did. When we look back in time we usually only see their civilisations in the final stages.

What if humans from 3000 years from now look back at our time? They would see that we have gained many technological advancement in only a few centuries. Aliens? Superior race? Gods? No. Just smart humans.
Quote:
Many have also been destroyed i.e. The burning of the Great Library at Alexandria, the arising of the Roman Church, the Spanish Inquisition and conquests.
The most common and most logical belief is that it is situated in the North Atlantic near the Pillars of Hercules. The Azores islands are believed to be remnants of the mountains of Atlantis, as is Ireland.
These are all beliefs that have no basis whatsoever. You don't know which books have been lost so this is guess work. And there is no evidence for the existence of Atlantis in the Atlantic ocean. The only logical explanation is Santorini. Although this island doesn't fully match the description, we also have to remember that it was hearsay that was written down.
Quote:
There are also some very good books on the subject and a lot of them give evidential and confirmational data of previously channelled data.
Channelling is subjective and guess work. It's not evidence.
Old 18-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
This is why in ancient Hinduism there are many references to animal God-men because there were those who were part animal, part mannish and who were reattaining oneness with the Divine and seen as a savior or helper for others trapped in their grotesque bodies to reattain awareness of the divinity within.
These examples show the evolution of religion from natural based to human based. The half animal gods show a transition between primitive beliefs and anthropocentric beliefs. All these gods are also very provincial and continental. You won't find a tiger god in Alaska, and you won't find old Indian sources speak about polar bears. It is all limited by culture and provincial belief.
Old 19-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Ascender

I don't like the idea that human spirits are able to incarnate into animal bodies. I think that human spirits are a completely different species to animal souls and thus cannot incarnate as animals.
Old 19-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Experiencer
Actually, I believe that if the past is truly studied with an open mind, you will be surprised at what you find. Perhaps we did start of as thought forms and take on different characteristics of the animals and elements of the earth? A year ago I would have agreed with Chryaetos and saw these half animal gods as just mans way of depicting belief systems of the time. Perhaps man did have to get rid of some "grotesque animal traits"....perhaps man had a higher understanding of hybridization...or it was just as simple as when man was between the etheric and physical states he took on animal features. I think that there is too much legend and depictions of half man and beasts to brush it off as a transition. Take a look at the Hieroglyphics in some of the ancient temples in Egypt. Some interesting stuff you will find if you look at the actual pictures and blot out the translations.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagacat
Actually, I believe that if the past is truly studied with an open mind, you will be surprised at what you find.
The thing is, many alternative hypothesises only work if you accept a certain paradigm. They are all very entertaining but they lack evidence.

Quote:
Perhaps we did start of as thought forms and take on different characteristics of the animals and elements of the earth? A year ago I would have agreed with Chryaetos and saw these half animal gods as just mans way of depicting belief systems of the time.
A few years ago I would have agreed with you when I swallowed up all alternative quackery on the internet, until I decided to look at the real sources and see where evidence and rationality lead me.

You seem to forget about the context. We can't look at history through modern understandings. The people back then lived in a different world, most people only knew their own country and continent, some knew a bit more. They thought their limited world was the center of the universe, and their wild animals were godly in a sense, they couldn't look beyond.

What if you found yourself in a forest 10,000 years ago, with no modern knowledge and technology? You would be scared of wild animals, and to make sure they wouldn't attack you and your tribe, you would worship them out of fear. Just one example.

Quote:
Perhaps man did have to get rid of some "grotesque animal traits"....perhaps man had a higher understanding of hybridization...or it was just as simple as when man was between the etheric and physical states he took on animal features. I think that there is too much legend and depictions of half man and beasts to brush it off as a transition. Take a look at the Hieroglyphics in some of the ancient temples in Egypt. Some interesting stuff you will find if you look at the actual pictures and blot out the translations.

Context! What you forget is that in ancient times people used communications differently. Not all symbols are to be taken literal, especially not with people that did not have a language like we do today. They used symbols to spread a message.
A Pharaoh depicted with lion characteristics is about his royalty and power, which are similar to that of a lion. You are free to believe in half lion-half man creatures, and also in centaur and other ilk, but they have no place in reality.