Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Trieah

I lost my fear of death years ago, when my ex boyfriend was constantly threatening to take my life. I finally had to get to the point to where I could tell him that if he did, then I could finally be rid of him once and for all. Don't think he liked that answer too much. But I just didn't care any more.

Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to when I can finally die. Death is easy. It's living that can be a pain in the rear sometimes
Old 23-07-2011, 08:53 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trieah
I lost my fear of death years ago, when my ex boyfriend was constantly threatening to take my life. I finally had to get to the point to where I could tell him that if he did, then I could finally be rid of him once and for all. Don't think he liked that answer too much. But I just didn't care any more.

Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to when I can finally die. Death is easy. It's living that can be a pain in the rear sometimes

There can be times in life when all hope is gone. When you are so far down the hole that the idea of living feels completely unreal. At that point there can be a 'dying into life'. When the spirit is completely prepared to leave. Buddha did this when he was 16. It can be a way of liberation in life. Just don't get trapped in it. You are surrounded in grace & thank you for your honesty Trieah :)
Old 23-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Seperate_Reality

I believe we each are non-physical, immortal, (can never die or be killed) spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate and view in a mirror. So, the only death is of the physical human body with the physical world identity of Molly the Nurse or Joe the Car Mechanic. The non-physical, immortal, spiritual being (you and me) go on and grab another mortal, physical, human body, new parents, new name, and as a rule forget our previous lifetime. We each go through a succession of different lifetimes and a new, different, physical body per each lifetime. The main reason why abortions are not cool. (ouch) Unfortunately, atheist-materialism got both feet in the door of current society and are promoting false-information like, you are nothing more than 99c worth of chemicals that make up a physical body, you only live one lifetime and when you die you are dead forever, and there is no God or Spirits, etc...Young children (students) in public-schools are fed this false-information in one way or the other and these students don't know any better. A lot of these students are even forced into taking "legal" harmful drugs, which in my opinion is a very high crime and should be outlawed immediately.
Old 23-07-2011, 09:39 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seperate_Reality
I believe we each are non-physical, immortal, (can never die or be killed) spiritual beings and are not the mortal, physical, human body we operate and view in a mirror. So, the only death is of the physical human body with the physical world identity of Molly the Nurse or Joe the Car Mechanic. The non-physical, immortal, spiritual being (you and me) go on and grab another mortal, physical, human body, new parents, new name, and as a rule forget our previous lifetime. We each go through a succession of different lifetimes and a new, different, physical body per each lifetime. The main reason why abortions are not cool. (ouch) Unfortunately, atheist-materialism got both feet in the door of current society and are promoting false-information like, you are nothing more than 99c worth of chemicals that make up a physical body, you only live one lifetime and when you die you are dead forever, and there is no God or Spirits, etc...Young children (students) in public-schools are fed this false-information in one way or the other and these students don't know any better. A lot of these students are even forced into taking "legal" harmful drugs, which in my opinion is a very high crime and should be outlawed immediately.

Have you ever closed your eyes & tried to imagine not existing?
Old 24-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Seperate_Reality

I tried to get the idea, but just could not get the idea of turning off like a radio. lol
Old 24-07-2011, 09:04 PM
rainbowcrow

I love my life more now than I ever have and this has only been realised since I stopped fearing death. Its almost like I have shed a part of myself that has been restricting me in a sense for nearly all my life and now I can finally fly
Old 24-07-2011, 09:35 PM
mattie

US Longevity Results Abysmal

The media is often a favorite whipping boy. They don't deserve any praise as they often rely on tabloid style coverage, but they are seldom the real problem. They are a mirror of the society they appeal to.

Some of the emphasis on health warnings isn’t about fearing death, but reasonable public safety issues. I want to know what is in food products & feel that there should be more public safety laws.

I don’t see wanting more longevity as necessarily holding death in contempt, but valuing life & questioning why the US has such horrible results w/ our health care system. The US health care system is often vaunted as being the best, but is this is true our life expectancy would be at the top of the world’s people. It simply isn’t.

US lifespan is currently really short. My real concern w/ our medical system is the incredible over reliance on big pharma to provide information to doctors. For instance, the US (going on big pharma’s advice) currently spends more than any other nation per capita on health care yet has absolutely horrid longevity results. Not even in the top 10!!! Not even in the top ➙➙➙ 40 ↵↵↵!!!!!!!!! Just what’s wrong w/ this result. Allot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...081200113.html

Many have recognized these abysmal results & aren’t willing to be one more casualty of the current system & have moved to using complementary (alternative) care for virtually everything. Even if they are in somewhat unknown territory their odds couldn’t be much worse than not being in the top 40 nations for longevity. Allopathic medicine is really bad about maintaining health, only choosing to focus on symptoms once overall health is severely compromised, not the cause of the symptoms.

While I’m not fearful at all about death at all I’m also not eager to leave prematurely, enjoying this excursion in physicality.
Old 24-07-2011, 09:36 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowcrow
I love my life more now than I ever have and this has only been realised since I stopped fearing death. Its almost like I have shed a part of myself that has been restricting me in a sense for nearly all my life and now I can finally fly
Good for you Rainbowcrow it's like dying to live & very liberating
Old 25-07-2011, 12:06 AM
OldTimer

My mother helped me to take the first step toward not fearing death by offering to take me back with her after she had died. I was very young and depressed at the time and just didn't want to go on. She gently came for me one night and that's when I realized how much I really wanted to continue living. She showed me all I had to do was "take her hand" and leave with her. Then, years later, I discovered the tunnel and that completely disolved my fear of dying.

I've had other experiences with so-called death. My step-mother came to say good-bye one evening after she had died. My roommate and her daughter were there so, we all got to bid her farewell. She arrived with the scent of her perfume filling our apartment and stayed for maybe an hour or so... Interestingly enough, I had always been allergic to her perfume but, this time, I was fine with it.

Earlier, while we were having dinner, my roommate's daughter asked why we had not gone to the funeral. I told her because I made a mistake and that we should have gone. A few hours later, she showed up. I learned that she really did care about me afterall.

My granddaughter called me one evening to tell me my grandson had been hit by a car and would I please come right away. On the way over, I was saying maybe it's just a broken arm but then, a gentle "someone" let me know it was more. I could see my daughter off in the distance by the side hospital door and I knew what she was about to tell me, that my grandson had died. Years later, I took my granddaughter for a reading and the reader talked about her brother to her, at length. Told her he was very happy and was teaching other children where he was. When we arrived home, we played the tape she had recorded of the reading. We heard her brother's cry during the part where my granddaughter had been talking about how guilty she felt over his death. He wanted her to not feel that any more, wanted her to be happy. Wanted her to know she had nothing to do with his death. That message made all the difference for her. She said to me, "That's the way he would sound when something made him very sad".

I have had a pet cat living with me who had died. I could feel him jumping up on the bed and I could feel and hear him purring, at times.

Is any of this death?
Old 25-07-2011, 12:27 AM
not human

Hi Oldtimer thats a great opportunity you've had there. This will make you laugh my (our) one farewell visitation was from our cat. Who said animals don't have spirits.