Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Guide
Angel1 Entering the light... my father

My father passed 5 years ago and I was told by a spiritual medium (I have no yet amassed my own skills) (on two occasions that I sought assistance, I believe to try and find some peace with my grief), that he is always with me. He stays with me.

A mind body spirit therapist (friend) said to me just yesterday that it's I, who are not letting him go, that I am keeping him to me and that I ought to let him go "get over it" and let him go to the light. I am keeping him in my energy field.

I'm new to all of this and trying to understand why he hasn't gone "to the light". Once the departed go to the light, can they come back to Earth to visit us still?

I'm sorry if I'm not making sense.
Old 15-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Experiencer
If your Father is in your soul Group... he is always there for you.

But your friend blaming you for holding your Dad back is only a tiny bit right.

The reason souls don't pass on is because THEY cling to their Construct....which in just a few words is their Past, or it's an energetic astral reflection of who they were. If your Dad indeed has not passed into the Light, this is why.. But the other half is that by your clinging to your thoughts and emotions of your Dad.... this magnetizes his construct....his astral energetic reflection.... that he has attached himself to, in his desire for ,"what was". So your not "getting over it" doesn't help matters, but it is not the reason why he hasn't gone into the Light.... that was totally caused by his attachment to "what was".
Old 15-07-2011, 11:21 PM
rainbowcrow

I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions Jeff :)
So how does one go about "letting go" or "getting over it"? Does one have to stop thinking about the person who has passed or just try not to be as emotional whilst thinking of them? And is it our own soul that doesn't want to let go, or is it just more of a "human" condition?

rc
Old 16-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Experiencer
Hey Rainbow Crow, No I don't mind.
I think you are on to it with "trying not to be emotional while thinking about it". But that can be easier said than done. It can take a fair amount of work because our attachments, especially to parents can run so deep. And it isn't like just ,"we're attached to our Dad".... Rather we are attached to hundreds of experiences and memories about them.. Our constructs are maintained by our own thoughts and the thoughts and emotions of others. Souls that do not pass on do so because they have "turned towards their construct" and become attached. Virtually they are trapped by their ideas about themselves, and everyone elses ideas about them.... over many lifetimes in fact. So to blame ellespirit for trapping his Dad was kind of Jive, because his Dad is the one who chose, and ellesspirit is only a small part of what maintains the life of the construct that his Dad has attached to.

Your second question, are you referring to ellespirit not letting go of their Dad, or their Dad not letting go of His Past ...his Construct ?

I love that question either way...

Hmmm?

OK, the soul is all about evolution.....
that is the most notable quality of a soul.
But the soul has two faces,
depending upon it's age.
Once a soul culminates it's separate expression it is pretty close to impossible for it to "go back"...
For it to deny the Light.
But until that point, sometimes referred to as the "turning back upon the Wheel"
The soul isn't Bound directly in it's direction to the Light..
And the "human condition" of the consciousness can cause it to "turn back upon it's Construct".
Making it trapped so to speak, in ,"what was".
Above I am referring to the soul of one who has left the body.

As far as the soul of one who grieves for the one who has left the body,
it is more of a ,"human condition". Because especially if there is a Soul Group connection.... your soul knows there is no real separation....
that we are still connected.
In reality we are bound to every other in the Web of Life by a golden cord...
but those in our "soul group" are the closest to us in the Web...
Our connection is strong and life or death can not sever it.
And the soul is totally aware of this fact.
So the attachment is a "human condition".
Old 16-07-2011, 10:58 PM
rainbowcrow

Thank-you Jeff for your answers, particularly for the answers to the second question. It was very interesting to read your thoughts from both perspectives. So from what you have shared it would make sense to assume that it is the inexperienced (?) soul who has left the body that still "feels" the attachment to the human condition and chooses not to let go therefore our grief over their loss is but a mere few strands of twine in the rope that holds the anchor so to speak.
But even if this is the case, are we ever, as humans, responsible for "holding on" too tight for too long to someone who has left and therefore somehow hindering the advancement of that soul (a soul who has not "turned towards their construct")? Or do you think long-term grief or "human attachment" is accepted as part of the human condition and more the responsibility of the soul who is experiencing the grief - in other words is long-term grief more likely to hinder the advancement of the soul who is grieving rather than have any effect on the soul who has left? I hope that makes some sense
Old 16-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
Wow, Rainbowcrow,

Yeah the first part..
You probably said that better than I did.

"But even if this is the case, are we ever, as humans, responsible for "holding on" too tight for too long to someone who has left and therefore somehow hindering the advancement of that soul (a soul who has not "turned towards their construct")?"

That is a very good Question... If the soul has not turned back too it's construct.... I don't believe that it is "hindered" in any way by one who clings to strands of that construct (so to speak)

Or do you think long-term grief or "human attachment" is accepted as part of the human condition and more the responsibility of the soul who is experiencing the grief - in other words is long-term grief more likely to hinder the advancement of the soul who is grieving rather than have any effect on the soul who has left?

This is another very good question.... But I think it has more than one answer..

The first answer is Yes.....

And the second answer is No...

He he..

The "Yes" we can understand within our Logic System.

But the No is a little more elusive.

And it hinges on the word "Hindered".

We have lived closely with that word for Lifetimes...

Hindered by This and that

this and that thing Holding us Back...

We learned and enumerated the Hindrances to our souls development

we had the best of intentions.

We wrote books, we practiced, we meditated....

Lifetimes Fighting the Hindrances....

But just how hindered were we really..

Here we are....

If we hadn't been Hindered,

where would we be now...?

AHEAD OF OUR GROUP

then we'd just have to freakin wait.

It's all connected...

it all moves together...

Where our souls are right now...

Is exactly where they belong

So what are these "Hindrances"?

That which hinders us,
only hinders us,
when we are not totally Present.

We have looked at what was ahead of us in the road for so long
we have lost sight of where we stand.

And where we stand
it turns out...

All along was the Destination.

It's time for perspectives to change.... to loosen

and Merge

Frequency change on the Horizon for everybody...

We're all One Thing

I hope that makes some sense

You make more sense in a few words than most people I know...
Old 17-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Guide
OMG that was so insightful. Thank you both and rainbow crow thank you for articulating my thoughts so clearly.

I'm going to try and digest this before I post my questions.
Old 17-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Master
I stumbled upon this (haha...there is never a stumble, is there?) and read it all through.

May I ask something Jeff as you seem to be versed well on this subject?

In your own personal views, can a soul that is passed over be able to let go of his/her construct and merge, yet still be able to have 'one foot here and one foot there', so to speak? So now we're talking about release of attachment by all parties, the soul moving into the Light, yet still being able to announce its energetic presence to its loved ones? Or is that idea only coming from the parties left behind who wish to cling to and imagine that presence near?

Cheers
Old 17-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Guide
Good question nightspirit. Looking forward to the reply. I was daddy girl and I know he was conflicted leaving me behind as a single parent with two kids. He told people before he passed he was so conflicted about not being around to help me raise my sons.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:44 AM
seahorse

A question ? How can we really be sure it's our relatives speaking to us ? Couldn't a malevolent spirit impersonate our loved ones ? And if the concept of reincarnation is correct shouldn't these souls have passed in another body or permanently joined the Light or whatever ? In this case who are we really communicate with ?