Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Ascender
Question Lots of Psychological Trauma as a Kid> Fibromyalgia

I have had a ton of emotional/verbal abuse as a kid. I still over react at times and get upset and leave if MINOR abuse goes on. I just won't sit for something coming down the wire that will likely snowball!

How can I do more to let this stuff go? I CANNOT DO EFT.
I have fibrosis in my muscles, I have chronic pain.
I have to do do meditation, or heat pads, or something that won't injure me more/aggravate and put me into muscle spasms and into severe medical issues.
Old 15-11-2018, 11:48 PM
Master

Learn to put you first. Learn to take care of the inner child that was vulnerable and hurt. Forgive yourself for all that you think you should have done back then. You were a child and did not have adult coping skills. Love yourself. When you work on you the rest will follow.
Old 23-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Suspended
Consider psychotherapy & councelling. Speaking with your doctor might be helpful.
Old 24-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I have had a ton of emotional/verbal abuse as a kid. I still over react at times and get upset and leave if MINOR abuse goes on. I just won't sit for something coming down the wire that will likely snowball!

How can I do more to let this stuff go? I CANNOT DO EFT.
I have fibrosis in my muscles, I have chronic pain.
I have to do do meditation, or heat pads, or something that won't injure me more/aggravate and put me into muscle spasms and into severe medical issues.

It is terrible, isn't it?

I also suffer from fibromyalgia, compound post traumatic stress disorder, conversion disorder (FND) and chronic pain.

This is due to severe abuse and neglect as a child as well. One good thing, the whole situation caused total depersonalisation and no identification with any sense of "self" whatsoever (as it was never appreciated or acknowledged) and this can be a bonus when doing spiritual work, as "dropping the ego" comes easily and naturally....and the only struggle I have, is trying to identify and associate with other people... however, after years of trying to overcome my social phobia due to emotional development issues, I have realised that I am not really a "people person" anyway and thus, I gained my first association with an identity I never thought I had...but enough of that.

I have found certain things which have really helped me in the past...and some still continue to do so...let me list them here:

1. Taking a Vitamin D and a Magnesium supplement.

This helps with the symptoms of fibromyalgia and the magnesium helps with the muscle spasms and twitches, especially at night when you are trying to sleep.

2. Taking Rhodiola, Ginseng, Ashwaghanda and Licorice Root.

These are ayurvedic herbs which help support healthy adrenal function and limits the production of cortisol.. Cortisol is what causes the symptoms of fibromyalgia and the pain to flare up.

3. EMDT, DBT and ASMR.

A lot of fancy acronyms there, but EFT didn't look like it would work for me either...not that I ever tried it, and CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) did nothing either and I tried that one...but I had limited success with Eye Movement Desensitisation, a lot of success with Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (radical acceptance) and when I watch ASMR videos on YouTube that are entitled "oddly satisfying"... funnily enough, that's what they are.

Have a look at all those terms on Google...read up about it, but if you want links to anything specific, just ask and I will be happy to oblige.

4. Having a bath with Epsom Salts.

Once again, good old magnesium does the trick and the bath is very relaxing and purifying....your muscles will love you for it! Add some Lavender oil for extra relaxation or some Eucalyptus oil for an extra kicker (just not too much as it stings one's "private parts")..at the moment, I add some essential oil of sweet orange peel which does something nice, but I don't know what.

5. Getting out in nature, grounding yourself.

Whether it be a walk along the beach, in a forest or meadow, putting your forehead against a tree...even the simple act of gardening and digging your fingers in the Earth and connecting with it can bring amazing results! Just do whatever you can do and at your own pace because if you have fibromyalgia and PTSD symptoms, it's more likely than not that M.E. (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) will accompany all this...and I also know that all too well.

6. Keep fully hydrated.

Most times when my symptoms flare up, I realise that I have not been drinking enough water..we are supposed to have 6-8 eight ounce glasses per day and I really like alkaline water because it is good for all the above.

I will type more later because I have to go out for a few hours and I'll be busy...

Before you do anything though, it is best to seek medical advice to find out whether you can do these things, or what else the doctor may suggest.

I'll be back later.
Old 24-11-2018, 05:36 AM
Master
7. Make a Toy Box

The easiest and quickest way to connect with your "inner child" is to play with it.

Recall those things you used to love doing as a kid...You will find that you still love doing them. Put in the box whatever you like...mine contains colouring books, coloured pencils, gel pens, slime, kaleidoscopes, a bamboo flute, a Game Boy with some games, French knitting, jigsaw puzzles, snow globes etc..You get the picture. This also fosters mindfulness and takes the edge off when you are bored.

8. Smartphone Apps.

If you have an Android tablet/phone or an iPhone, there is no limit to what is available for free on Google Play, but just check what the "in app purchases" are before you download. Some give you a lot of free stuff, others only let you use the app for a few days. There are some great apps for DBT, chronic pain, fibromyalgia, relaxation etc.

At the moment, I am loving an app called "Ambience" which lets me mix and create my own relaxation music from hundreds of pre recorded sounds...or I can add my own.

9. Listen to Self Help videos and lectures.

Whether it be Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson....whatever and whoever tickles your fancy. The other day, I found a copy of Ekhart Tolle's " Living the Liberated Life and Dealing with the Pain Body" on a 3 CD set in my local second hand bookstore for $2. There are also quite a few nice self hypnosis sessions on YouTube by Michael Sealey and I find these very helpful, but often, his soothing voice puts me to sleep after 5 minutes...but that is okay too.

10. Listen to your body.

Your body will tell you what it needs and there are times it will crave stuff like pineapple, walnuts or tempeh. It will break out if it comes in contact with saporific detergents or complain if my clothes are too tight and restrictive and the fabric isn't a soft, natural fibre. It loves it when I put microfiber sheets on my bed and shave my legs before going to sleep. The sensation of freshly shaved skin against microfibre is totally amazing! Avoid caffeinated beverages and eating anything after 6 pm.

Anyway, those ten things are what I personally suggest and try to lighten up on yourself. Whatever happened isn't your fault and you will notice that those who abused you as a child are now leading horrific lives...It is in the nature of a narcissist to try and keep you down, below their level because if you do better in life than they do, they become insanely jealous of personal growth and success because they, themselves are unable to achieve it. As you grow spiritually, you get to see things for what they truly are and why others acted that way towards you...even though it does not, in any way condone their behavior.

All the best my dear.
Old 30-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Trauma comes from not being cared for. So to reverse the illness you have to spend a lot of time self-caring. It is a process and it takes time, but I believe it can help a lot. As someone in a similar situation, this has helped immensely for me.
Old 30-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Administrator
Remember that you are important you are worthy leave the past behind and focus on walking forward.
be kind to yourself speaking with a counsellor would help you. to put your life into perspective.
Linen I have to agree with .fibro chronic pain I get it also but the one thing I have found helps aching muscles is Aloa Heat Lotion.it is very good.

Namaste
Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Ascender

Dear MissCreativeSpirit.

Hello,-- and hoping that the following is not insensitive, please forgive me if so. How are you with singing?

pete
Old 02-12-2018, 08:58 AM
Ascender

Further to above:-

In case the question seems puzzling, the reason I ask it is because singing together with others is recognised as having considerable beneficial effect mentally, emotionally, and physically.
However, if singing is too physically demanding an activity to contemplate when suffering from debilitating conditions, this avenue of possibility is obviously not going to be seen as being a realistic suggestion.

pete
Old 04-12-2018, 10:18 PM
Pathfinder

Dear MCS,

I want you to know I've had a similar background and could certainly relate. This may not be appropriate for a site like this, but I firmly believe it is healthy to get in touch with one's anger. If we don't let it out, we hurt ourselves, both mentally and physically.

Sometimes it helps to write out your feelings. Sometimes you need to shout or scream (which is okay when you're alone). The thing is this, it's not a one time deal. The anger will need to be released again. Angry feelings can come and go, but the same is true for happy, forgiving and positive ones. This range of emotions is part of the human condition.

I believe in reincarnation and once read that we choose our parents. Supposedly we're here to grow and learn and choose the people in our lives for that purpose. Why we have to learn through pain is beyond me, but that notion is sort of empowering.

I'm new here and am just getting to know my way around. I'll remember your name and look for more posts from you.

Sincerely,
CreativeLou