Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-12-2015, 06:02 AM
Master
Meh, most will get what they seek.
Old 16-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Experiencer

Could someone help me out? What is New Age exactly lol? I've looked at a lot of stuff and have piled anything to do with psychic or energy or meditation or spirits/angels into the New Age category. I suppose I'm not quite right about that?

Last edited by engellstein : 16-12-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 16-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Master
Been meditating pretty regularly for about a year--minus about six months so about almost 3/4 of one let's say.

I asked my guide if my awareness increased--the answer was a no. It's done nothing for me, really. It all depends on the person. As it is though, on the soul-level, it's part of the divine plan. So I have to do it regardless.
Old 16-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Master
I have always wondered what 'New Age' means when the information and method pre-dates this current age by about 5,000 years.

Have we been in a 'New Age' movement since 1967 and San Francisco?

What defines any 'age' as being new or old and relative to what?

I guess what is 'new' is that people are making money from all this stuff, when it is/should be free to everybody. It's like selling the air.

We now have many more self-styled 'gurus' than ever before, and I won't go into how the West has totally corrupted Tantra for it's own greed based on lust and desire.

However, there are many 'New Agers' who believe in Angels, Gods and Guides and all that stuff too...not all believe that 'meditation is the only way'...they are just the Atheist New Agers.
Old 16-12-2015, 01:26 PM
Suspended
I agree that people don't need religions. When people say im a Christian or im a Muslim, Hindu, New Age or whatever they are putting a label on them self that causes separation and division.
Old 16-12-2015, 01:59 PM
Master

I think the New Age has morphed into a kind of alternative brand of Orthodoxy.
And many have latched on to it as a money making opportunity ...

Walking the Spiritual Path requires free thinking and gathering wisdom and light from a myriad of sources, so confining oneself is only going to be a hindrance to spiritual progress.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
I agree that people don't need religions. When people say im a Christian or im a Muslim, Hindu, New Age or whatever they are putting a label on them self that causes separation and division.

'Separation and division', wasn't it ever so ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-12-2015, 02:22 PM
Master
I say I am a 'Hindu' because that's where my beliefs and teachings closest align with, even though I don't follow Sanatana Dharma to the letter. For one, I don't believe in karma or reincarnation, but I do believe in a 'Hindu God' (even though I am fully aware all 'Gods' are one), and I also believe in a lot of the Hindu sacred texts and other teachings...however, a lot of my 'material' also comes from Zen Buddhism, Animism, Shamanism and Wicca...so yeah, trying to 'pigeonhole' me is a difficult one, but seeing as how that's how society operates, it's much easier just to say 'I am Hindu' and leave whatever association up to everybody else...it's just easier that way.
Old 16-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by engellstein
Could someone help me out? What is New Age exactly lol? I've looked at a lot of stuff and have piled anything to do with psychic or energy or meditation or spirits/angels into the New Age category. I suppose I'm not quite right about that?
It seems to me that "New Age" refers to something akin to "pop spirituality". Associated perhaps, and stigmatized, as watered-down spirituality. Other characteristics include fluffiness, blurry lines, lofty platitudes, "easy fix" techniques to make life grand without too much fuss. It is supported with words, tons of words that can be so fuzzy, and switched, replaced. Hope this helps.
Old 16-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I say I am a 'Hindu' because that's where my beliefs and teachings closest align with, even though I don't follow Sanatana Dharma to the letter. For one, I don't believe in karma or reincarnation, but I do believe in a 'Hindu God' (even though I am fully aware all 'Gods' are one), and I also believe in a lot of the Hindu sacred texts and other teachings...however, a lot of my 'material' also comes from Zen Buddhism, Animism, Shamanism and Wicca...so yeah, trying to 'pigeonhole' me is a difficult one, but seeing as how that's how society operates, it's much easier just to say 'I am Hindu' and leave whatever association up to everybody else...it's just easier that way.

I end up just saying 'I'm spiritual.' All the channelling and psychic stuff and meditation has made it clear to me there's more going on out there, but I honestly don't have a single belief in any religion or method. The only things I believe in are the things I've actually seen and felt and even those I try to keep an open mind over these days. I basically just followed Azrael's advice and it brought me to this point in life. Difficult to pigeon hole that too, LOL! :)