Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 09-01-2015, 03:41 AM
Deactivated Account

dried flowers = stale energy ?

I read somewhere that having dried flowers, arrangements or wreaths brings stale energy with it ? Is this so ? It would make sense I guess, if one thinks about it.

I have also read it is a good idea to place a living plant on one's bedside table, not quite sure what the reason for that was ? Any ideas ?

Adrienne

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Master
I also read that, some time ago and got rid of all the arrangements I had laying around, what bothered me most was the accumulation of dust constantly, but I must say my space felt lighter afterwards.

Some living plants are known for cleaning the air like the snake plant and the aloa vera, I do wish I could have one by my bedside but unfortunately there is not enough light.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:23 AM
Suspended
Interesting idea Adrienne. I wonder if the same can be said for using dried herbs in cooking, rather than fresh...?
Old 11-01-2015, 01:02 AM
Deactivated Account

skygazer, I did the same thing, got rid of the few arrangements I had. And you are right, they were quite the dustcatchers too ! I can't really say I noticed the space feeling lighter though.

Cleaning the air, with those plants, yes, think that was it, thanks !

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-01-2015, 01:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Interesting idea Adrienne. I wonder if the same can be said for using dried herbs in cooking, rather than fresh...?

Interesting thought there Squatch....... I never thought about it in cooking with the dried herbs. What is one to do in winter, if so ?

have a vacation villa in the south of Italy ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Suspended
We can get fresh herbs in the supermarkets over here, even during winter. Sometimes the actual plants too, although they don't tend to last long.

It makes one wonder if we are talking merely about having dried flowers/herbs in our environment/cooking, what on earth are we doing to ourselves when eating dead animals? What kind of energy is that ...? (and I'm not coming from a superior vegetarian standpoint here as I eat fish).
Old 11-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Silly me..... of course, we have fresh herbs in the supermarkets too !

Maybe I was just wanting an excuse to vacation in Italy ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 11-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
We can get fresh herbs in the supermarkets over here, even during winter. Sometimes the actual plants too, although they don't tend to last long.

It makes one wonder if we are talking merely about having dried flowers/herbs in our environment/cooking, what on earth are we doing to ourselves when eating dead animals? What kind of energy is that ...? (and I'm not coming from a superior vegetarian standpoint here as I eat fish).

I reflect on this too Squatchit...also any processed frozen food. It's like the more I understand the smaller the parameters become.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Suspended
Me too skygazer. I was thinking about all the leather items I have in the house only last night. Am I living around a whole lot of 'negative' energy...?
Old 13-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
I read somewhere that having dried flowers, arrangements or wreaths brings stale energy with it ? Is this so ? It would make sense I guess, if one thinks about it.

I have also read it is a good idea to place a living plant on one's bedside table, not quite sure what the reason for that was ? Any ideas ?

Adrienne

Perhaps take geopathic stress into account. Going through the process of choosing a plant for a bedside table, or a plant choosing you, would be a good start. Then you could find out how the plant can help you.

I would think that picking your own flowers would be a little different :)