Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 14-01-2013, 09:04 AM
jaydonc

good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aden
It really works, set your goals first than try your level best to achieve them. Stay motivated and keep moving. Exercise is key of fitness. Don't skip it. It allows you to achieve your fitness goals much faster.

That is why are used to do exercise to stay fit.
Old 14-01-2013, 09:53 AM
amy green

Wink

For those who seem to lack sufficient motivation to stay on track (which includes myself), don't give yourself too hard a time if you miss a day. It's easy then to get on the slippery slope and lose staying power - telling yourself "oh I missed one day, so another day won't matter."

Rather to reinforce a determined approach of "so I missed one day but I'll be back on track tomorrow". To say "stay motivated" are easy words....perhaps remembering the beneficial effects would help galvanise a slackening, lazy mindset on this matter!
I would welcome more tips in how to stay motivated.

This post could also apply to dieting....yeah, yeah...don't get me started (or rather someone help get me started!)
Old 03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Search

Motivation is something I never used to worry about in my younger day! Things kind of get a little different as you grow older. Your metabolism slows, your inner spirit can be weighted down with depression as new challenges arise that you thought never existed. It's a whole different ball game than it used to be, when you all had to do was let the seasons define you next bout.

Motivation for me is to connect with my body on a spiritual level. I have been pretty much an addict at everything! ... exercise is not different and it plays to the compulsion of the mind like any drugs.

Looks ... well I could care less for those before and after shots that depict the obese individual that transforms into the "look at me" flex, pose and clothes ... A mirror can be a good guide, but also play large to vanity ... such is no longer a tool for me.

Routine ... !!! Don't even think about how much your going to loose ... take solace in knowing how much you will gain!

To be able to breath again ... YEA!!! that would be something ... to actually smell the leaves and feel your skin come back to life! Then to actually SEE much clearer and even begin to hear again. Getting in touch with your body on a sensory level will open the door to detaching from your mind.

Having gone without such things we take for granted ... yet to feel once again alive in such a manner can set the catalyst one needs to establish a routine. This is pretty much where I am coming back to reclaim my body once last time!

Things such as DESIRE can burn deep within me and I generally have no off button when out for a run kicking back with whatever chemicals I am able to induce. I once had near renal failure and was scraped off the footpath by an ambulance. I rode myself into the ground until my blood was backed up with lactic acid that never got a rest. I was so addicted I actually smelt like acid. I am still effected as I now can smell myself if I don't eat right or drink enough water and get my sleep ... I was hospitalized for Seven days and almost lost my life!

Such is the power, the will on the opposite end of the scale. It's good to come back with the intention now to reclaim what my depression has taken away. I am going from suicide and complete resignation, to now just chipping away.

ROUTINE is what you want ... and knowing what is missed when you let your body waste away. To simply connect with other living things in a much more pleasant way. That's my motivation ... to start living again ... Too see, feel, hear and breath! That's my Motivation.

Best of luck with yours.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
Very easy for me...all I have to do is look at the pics I have of my nieces on my refrigerator, and 15-30 minutes of hard pedaling on the stationary bike becomes a dead solid cinch. Don't want to be wheezing and puffing like my dad did in 20 years (i.e. when I'll be 70), I want to see them all off to living happy lives.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 07-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Benjamin123

Physical action avert you from infections, accommodate in weight getting in shape administration and preferable slumber, Exercise make you more blissful and more loose than you were before you worked out, the more calories you blaze, and make simpler to hold your weight under control....
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Master
I recommend doing a team sport, a little bit of competition and team spirit can give you that motivation to continue.
Old 18-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Adler99

Exactly some kind of motivation is really needed for Exercising,something which basically inspires you.
Make workout a part of your daily routine,try not to miss it.Eat healthy avoid junk food and fast food.Prefer having fruits and vegetables in your meal,That will help you in burning fats and will give you what you actually need it terms of physic.
Old 19-02-2013, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Just go for some jolly good long walks in the country. Get a map, (if you need one) park your car, go for a 10 mile circular walk. Don't worry about carrying all kinds of stuff with you. You will not need food, and if you drink before you go you won't need to keep drinking either, not for 10 miles, so don't bog yourself down with stuff to carry.
Enjoy your surroundings. Enjoy what you see, how you feel, how you smell the air. The creatures around you....
What more motivation do you need?
Oh and getting back to your car so you can go home for dinner is a good motivation to do the last 5 miles! :-D
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Master

Well, I've booked two holidays - several purposes in the holidays - but I do need to do something as one is a strenuous trek (Tour de Mont Blanc) - approx 90 mile walk round Mont Blanc - the other is a trek in Ecquador and some time in Peru.

So. Actions taken. Things that motivate me are investment - financial investment so I've found a cheap personal trainer, got myself a wii and a wii fit - all stuff preferable to the gym and let's see how that pans out.

I'm excited. i had intended to start getting fit (again) about 10 weeks ago but better now than next week.

Hope that i lose a few redundant pounds on the way.
Old 15-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Knower

One thing that I wanted to share: I, a couple of weeks ago, would have said something along the lines of, "I hate running, but I like how I feel afterwards."

This is no longer the case. I do not know if something internally changed or if it is only my perception, but I now actively love the normally very arduous process of running itself. I run very early in the morning in my rural area, on a rural road, when there are no cars nor people nor noise around. I have come to view running as a meditative experience. I am fully within the moment, feeling even the normally uncomfortable cold gusts of air against my face and the normally uncomfortable fatigue in my muscles.

And, of course, the feeling afterwards is wonderful. If one does exercise like this in the early morning, no matter what else occurs, one has already accomplished a great deal!

Further along these lines... I take showers that consist of running the coldest possible water all over my body for a few moments, then actually wash myself with warm water, and then run myself over with the cold once more. I then step out into the steamy and warm bathroom. I would urge everyone to try this because the physical benefits are astounding. However, obviously, the part involving the frigid water would normally be thought of as uncomfortable. I certainly thought it was until yesterday, when I had the realization that I ought to be relishing the jolting feeling. The very fact that I have the capability to feel such powerful sensations is sort of divine in and of itself. I now live fully within that moment and likewise enjoy it.