Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 05-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Master
one star = terrible

Does seem like someone took exception to this thread, but it's shifted up to 'bad' now (2 stars) so on the improve
Old 06-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Deactivated Account
i see three. good thread. thanx for sharing

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 09-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Master
Rare is the one who realizes that, whether he or she is called guru or disciple, all are equally sacred embodiments of the Infinite Essence, Who is the only Guru there has ever been....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=34
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Rare is the one who realizes that, whether he or she is called guru or disciple, all are equally sacred embodiments of the Infinite Essence, Who is the only Guru there has ever been....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=34

Realizing we are all equally sacred embodiments is no big deal.

It is the realization of, the being that is a big deal. Working with a being that has truly realized that, takes things to a whole different level.

Hence, rare is the guru.
Old 14-04-2017, 05:13 PM
Ascender
I think the ideal type of guru i want is someone, conversing with whom is like conversing with God, someone who's God connected, if anyone knows any such alive guru then please tell me.
Like i read that Neem Karoli Baba was telling the people around him their future, someone asked him that how does he know, he replied that he has a wireless connection with God. :)
Old 14-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Knower
A true Guru is outside the time concept past-present-future.

The typical experience in interacting with such a Guru is that they can be very precise in knowing the happenings occuiring in the time/space matrix.
Because they are one with the author of the script.
Old 14-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Ascender
Wow Bindu, if you know any such guru who's alive and approachable then please tell me.
Old 14-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Ascender
Sharing a story i read, i think it would be awesome if i get to interact with a guru in this way: (guru reading my mind and answering my questions)

Quote:
Kishan Lal Sah, a teacher from Ramgarh, Nainital often visited Kainchi to have Baba’s darshan. His devotion was such that Baba was both his guru and God. Inspite of his deep faith, Kishan Lal was feeling depressed. He was disturbed by the evil seen in the world and by his own lack of spiritual progress. One day he went to Kainchi with the thought of discussing the matter with Baba. When he arrived, Kishan Lal saw Baba sitting on one end of the wooden bridge over the river. He went to him and bowed reverently. Before he could ask anything, Baba said, “You see others trapped by maya(illusion). Narada and Bharata were entrapped by maya. These great sages were entrapped by it, so what is there to say about others?” Kishan Lal felt that there was no need to question Baba further.
On a different occasion Sah went to Baba with innumerable questions on spirituality. He greeted Baba, who was lying in his kuti (room), but he could not think of which question to ask first. Baba selected one important question from the unexpressed ones and answered it without being asked. Baba said, “This temple and whatever is seen by the human eye are illusion. What can you do about it ?” This led to other questions and doubts in Kishan Lal’s mind. Baba again answered them without being asked. Baba said, “Delusion makes everything look real.” Kishan Lal thought that there should be a way out. Baba answered,”Attachment is only dispelled by grace.”
How can one obtain grace, came to Sah’s mind. Baba said,”Constant repetition of God’s name, even without feelings of devotion, in anger or lethargy, brings out his grace. Once this is realized, there is no room for misgivings.”
Source: https://www.ramdass.org/its-all-a-show/
Old 14-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Knower
I think the intensity and heartfelt urge from the soul to get free is the fuel that draws to you a manifest guru in your outer world. The guru is within.
sometimes due to a need for accelerated spiritual growth, an outer guru form is manifested for that purpose.
Heartfelt prayer for that and the guru is bound to come. An universal law.
There is a saying. " When the disciple is ready the guru appears"
Old 15-04-2017, 05:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
I think the ideal type of guru i want is someone, conversing with whom is like conversing with God, someone who's God connected, if anyone knows any such alive guru then please tell me.
Like i read that Neem Karoli Baba was telling the people around him their future, someone asked him that how does he know, he replied that he has a wireless connection with God. :)

knowing the future and other things is one thing. knowing god is another. not that one cant have the other. but if your looking for gossip your not going to find god imo. it is not a person, place, or thing. it is bliss and silence. and it's in that, the power of shakti that a guru works. they ars out there. but you got to know what your looking for. a psychic. or to transcend oneself to endless bliss.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4